WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
The Lakers "big wigs" wanted that deal done as much as anyone else. Jeanie, Rambi, Phil, Bron, AD... Everyone holds that L

The deal doesn't go through without the "approval" from the owner
Well pelinka did a great job of getting them out of that mess at the deadline last year and even better job during free agency right now. They need 1 more big and they will be set.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Well pelinka did a great job of getting them out of that mess at the deadline last year and even better job during free agency right now. They need 1 more big and they will be set.
I def agree with this.

He deserves all the praise. Since just before the trade deadline he's been throwing heaters

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
No one else made an official offer and that was the most the lakers could offer.
I'm aware. What I'm saying is he could have signed a two year deal, then got a much bigger contract in 2025. The way teams are throwing money around, he mighta got $30+ million a year. I'm surprised he didn't bet on himself.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
exactly what I meant. I thought that was pretty obvious considering I was talking about moves that backfired. Obviously getting rid of Russ wasn’t a backfired move.

Of course you were only talking about the moves that backfired and ignoring the ones that didn't. Focusing on the negative while ignoring the positive is pretty much your M.O.

@Rhakim of course you want the pick traded. You and @Voice of Reason have no skin in this game once Bron retires. It’s no hate but you guys don’t care that in 2 years from now, we would have a trash ass roster with no youth. They’re balancing win now and the future which is exactly what they should do.

Two years from now you'll have trash? WTF? If Bron leaves two years from now, AD and Prince will still be in their primes. Reeves, Rui, D-Lo, Vincent, and Vandy will still be in their 20s. If Cam, Hayes, or Christie pan out, they'll all be 25 or younger

D-Lo / Vincent
Reeves/Christie
Prince/Reddish
Rui/Vandy
AD/Hayes

That's if you pick up NOTHING helpful in the next two years, and lose LeBron for nothing. And the 3rd year of the Reeves/Rui deals are light enough that if you want to not resign D-Lo, you'll have plenty of roster space for acquisitions. How is that "trash"?

The problem with holding onto a #17 pick is that more often than not, that pick goes nowhere. Chances are he won't help you two years from now either. Meanwhile, you're talking like he'd be traded for a player that's gonna be gone in two years....why? What if the pick was traded for a useful young piece instead?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm awake. What I'm saying is he could have signed a two year deal, then got a much bigger contract in 2025. The way teams are throwing money around, he mighta got $30+ million a year. I'm surprised he didn't bet on himself.

You're talking about a player who is already 25yo and has lifetime earnings of $2 million. He needed to secure the bag for as much as he could get right now. If he plays well, then he can get the truly big contract when he's 28. If he gets hurt or doesn't turn out to be as good as people think he is now, then he still has $50 million.

And the fourth year is a player option I read. Which means that if he balls out, then he only has 1 extra year in the lesser contract. While if he disappoints or gets hurt, he can still milk all four years.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
I'm awake. What I'm saying is he could have signed a two year deal, then got a much bigger contract in 2025. The way teams are throwing money around, he mighta got $30+ million a year. I'm surprised he didn't bet on himself.
Gotcha , makes sense

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course you were only talking about the moves that backfired and ignoring the ones that didn't. Focusing on the negative while ignoring the positive is pretty much your M.O.

Two years from now you'll have trash? WTF? If Bron leaves two years from now, AD and Prince will still be in their primes. Reeves, Rui, D-Lo, Vincent, and Vandy will still be in their 20s. If Cam, Hayes, or Christie pan out, they'll all be 25 or younger

D-Lo / Vincent
Reeves/Christie
Prince/Reddish
Rui/Vandy
AD/Hayes

That's if you pick up NOTHING helpful in the next two years, and lose LeBron for nothing. And the 3rd year of the Reeves/Rui deals are light enough that if you want to not resign D-Lo, you'll have plenty of roster space for acquisitions. How is that "trash"?

The problem with holding onto a #17 pick is that more often than not, that pick goes nowhere. Chances are he won't help you two years from now either. Meanwhile, you're talking like he'd be traded for a player that's gonna be gone in two years....why? What if the pick was traded for a useful young piece instead?
Did you just say taurean prince will be in his prime with a straight face? A guy who just got cut by the wolves LMAO. Stop it. This is embarrassing.

Also you’re saying I ignore the good moves when I’ve been the main one praising Pelinka since he got here. Wtf are u even talking about? The moves that I hated on were the ones that were clearly Bron influenced which the Russ deal falls in. It’s no surprise we look a lot better when Rob takes charge.

Also AD in two years will not be a positive asset, especially if we re-sign him. Injury prone and regressing. Our goal should be to acquire more young talent like we’re doing with and build their value up like we did with Reaves. That’s worth more if it ends up working out than a year rental that will leave in a year. Since you want the pick traded so bad, who was available for that pick?

The fact that you’re referencing Cam, Vanderbilt and Hayes just proves my point. Guys that are journeyman at their ahe aren’t young talent.

Our young talent as of now is Reaves, Rui and potentially Max and JHS.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
exactly what I meant. I thought that was pretty obvious considering I was talking about moves that backfired. Obviously getting rid of Russ wasn’t a backfired move. @Rhakim of course you want the pick traded. You and @Voice of Reason have no skin in this game once Bron retires. It’s no hate but you guys don’t care that in 2 years from now, we would have a trash ass roster with no youth. They’re balancing win now and the future which is exactly what they should do.

If Kobe Bufkin had fallen to the Lakers I would agree with you. I think he will be an all-star guard in the future. JHS seems like a high level role player to me I don't see an all star level ceiling from him. To me, if they Lakers knew that they were going after Gabe and Keeping Dlo they should have taken the chance on drafting Cam Whitmore or traded the pick to upgrade the Center position. I hope I'm wrong about JHS though and he contributes early on.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Kobe Bufkin had fallen to the Lakers I would agree with you. I think he will be an all-star guard in the future. JHS seems like a high level role player to me I don't see an all star level ceiling from him. To me, if they Lakers knew that they were going after Gabe and Keeping Dlo they should have taken the chance on drafting Cam Whitmore or traded the pick to upgrade the Center position.
I don’t mind thinking we could have drafted someone else. I was team Whitmore. I’m completely fine with that argument. I disagree completely that we should have traded that pick for a veteran. You’re giving up potentially 7 years of asset retention and development for a veteran to maximize the last 2 years of a near 40 year old. That’s insane to me.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Why is it a bad pick? He’s 19. We don’t have a PG for the future. He was never going to be ready right away. It’s clear they’re making moves prioritizing the future as well which is why Reaves, Rui and reclamation projects are now a priority. Maybe they realize this team even currently constructed isn’t some dominant threat that they need to punt away young talent.
Bron stan no common sense

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don’t mind thinking we could have drafted someone else. I was team Whitmore. I’m completely fine with that argument. I disagree completely that we should have traded that pick for a veteran. You’re giving up potentially 7 years of asset retention and development for a veteran to maximize the last 2 years of a near 40 year old. That’s insane to me.

A 40 year old that is still top 10 and AD who is top 10. Again if it was a dude that had crazy upside I would agree with you but given how free agency played out I don't really like the pick. I like Maxwell Lewis and both 2 way guys though.