WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Spurs are the only team that can and I can see them doing it just to fukk us over. I think Austin is hoping for that too hence why he hasn’t agreed to the Lakers deal yet.

Funny thing is that the Buss's are so fukking cheap that the Spurs are probably a little shook, they can imagine Jeannie not matching that shyt and saddling them with a big-ass contract that hurts their title-building hopes. They have to go in calculating, I'm not sure they'll give Reeves a bigger contract than they'd actually want him for on the off chance the Lakers force them to eat it.

Considering the Spurs' window, I wonder if they'd offer Reeves a huge 2-year contract, or 3 years with a team option, rather than the four-year contract I'm sure he's looking for. That way even if the Lakers made them eat the contract, they could get rid of it by the time team-building in Wemby's window starts.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
We don’t need him to be a defensive stopper. We just need him to be competent. Y’all want Seth but yet Gabe was always going to get a bigger bag by every team. Not to mention that this is really the first year that Gabe got real mins, there’s still some potential there.
He got 2.5 more minutes per game than last season. :mjlol:

There is no untapped potential with Vincent. He's an undrafted journeyman that Miami squeezed every ounce of ability from.

Seth has produced everywhere he's gotten minutes and he's used to playing off stars: Luka, Embiid, KD and Kyrie. Been a 12-15 point scorer on incredible efficiency for five-plus years.

There's really no way to say Vincent is on a better contract than Seth. Dallas would hang up if the Lakers offered a swap.

I hope Vincent works out but there isn't anything to suggest he will play anywhere near as well as Curry.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Funny thing is that the Buss's are so fukking cheap that the Spurs are probably a little shook, they can imagine Jeannie not matching that shyt and saddling them with a big-ass contract that hurts their title-building hopes. They have to go in calculating, I'm not sure they'll give Reeves a bigger contract than they'd actually want him for on the off chance the Lakers force them to eat it.

Considering the Spurs' window, I wonder if they'd offer Reeves a huge 2-year contract, or 3 years with a team option, rather than the four-year contract I'm sure he's looking for. That way even if the Lakers made them eat the contract, they could get rid of it by the time team-building in Wemby's window starts.
Do you see the contracts that just got handed out today? Reaves is worth $25 million a year.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Do you see the contracts that just got handed out today? Reaves is worth $25 million a year.

If the Spurs wanted him for $25 million, they would have offered that already. Better to tie up the Laker money off the top than wait for them to complete all their work first. So the Spurs appear to have at least some doubts whether they want to give Reeves a contract like that. Even if he's worth that on the market, it didn't mean they think he's worth that for whatever their long-term vision is.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If the Spurs wanted him for $25 million, they would have offered that already. Better to tie up the Laker money off the top than wait for them to complete all their work first. So the Spurs appear to have at least some doubts whether they want to give Reeves a contract like that. Even if he's worth that on the market, it didn't mean they think he's worth that for whatever their long-term vision is.
If the Spurs don't make an offer for Reaves next week, what will probably happen is Reaves will re-up for two years so he can be unrestricted in 2025. The Lakers are gonna match anything right now, so that would actually be better for SA if they really want him. He would be an ideal fit next to Wembenyama (really, any team that wants to win).

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
We've had a very good free agency so far.

Rob did his thing. Hopefully we bring back Dlo and I guess Beasley wouldn't be soo bad if he came back to as he does provide 3pt shooting.

I'm not really mad that Dennis is gone tbh 🤷🏾‍♀️ last season we signed him out of desperation but, since we turned things around he's not necessary.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
So where we going to celebrate number 18 next June?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Funny thing is that Hayes was part of that AD trade. That 4th pick was traded for him and NAW.