WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Seth is a 44% career three point shooter; 47% in the playoffs. He has NEVER shot below 40% from three in his life. Don't compare him to that bum Beasley. :mjtf:

Seth averages 2.1 assists per game in his career; Vincent is 2.3. :gucci:
He was talking about defense…

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Seth Curry can't defend or play make.

There's a theme here with the signings. Find guys who can't get played of the floor. Seth would be Beasley status and y'all want him here. Taurean and Gabe fit that mold of guys who are two players and can hit an open shot. Y'all literally watched the Nuggets series and want Seth Curry :gucci:
This

I have no idea what these dudes are even talking about right now. Gabe can create his own shot, or be a spot up shooter, and be a capable defender

Seth can't do all those things and is 5-6 years older

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
This

I have no idea what these dudes are even talking about right now. Gabe can create his own shot, or be a spot up shooter, and be a capable defender

Seth can't do all those things and is 5-6 years older
Imma bump all these posts when the season starts. Clearly y'all didn't watch him in the regular season. Yall about to get Kedrick Nunned again.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seth is a 44% career three point shooter; 47% in the playoffs. He has NEVER shot below 40% from three in his life. Don't compare him to that bum Beasley. :mjtf:

Seth averages 2.1 assists per game in his career; Vincent is 2.3. :gucci:
And when Seth isn’t making shots, what can he do? There’s a reason he signs the type of contracts he signs and bounces from team to team while not being able to stay on a team for more than a year.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imma bump all these posts when the season starts. Clearly y'all didn't watch him in the regular season. Yall about to get Kedrick Nunned again.
Even if he does fail, what was the alternative? We watched him show out in the playoffs. But you said DLo isn’t good because he doesn’t show up in the playoffs only the reg season? So which is it? Do you value playoff performers or not?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Even if he does fail, what was the alternative? We watched him show out in the playoffs. But you said DLo isn’t good because he doesn’t show up in the playoffs only the reg season? So which is it? Do you value playoff performers or not?
He had one really good series against Boston. That's what yall remember. We've seen players get hot for stretches before then go right back to being trash. His entire body of work says he is mediocre.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
D.lo is likely to Comeback.... Heck.. where is beasly's contract? Lakers will pick from these guys who to keep

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Slight overpay for Rui but if he stays consistent with his 3 pointer I like this contract.

Considering how he played in the playoffs, anything below the cap hold was going to be a win. He just needs to do it consistently going forward, which is a big "if". But he legit could improve still too.

Much rather have gabe Vincent than D’lo. Gabe knows his place , D’Lo still thinks he is a #1 scoring option.

D-Lo should have the higher ceiling, but this is 100% true if we're going off of last year's postseason. He hit his threes and he played his role on defense, which is all they needed him to do and is a lot more than D-Lo did. And now he's a guy who has experienced back-to-back postseason runs and won't be shook in the Finals. For the contract this is a solid pickup.

Knowing the Lakers, he better not shoot 30% from 3pt last year like some of these guys have the moment they came to LA. :mjlol:

Maybe they can get Plumlee on a vet minimum. shyt, I'd take Robin Lopez for a year. Big body and a good locker room guy.

Those would both be useful.

Ham has plenty of wings now but he better not screw over Jarred Vanderbilt I'm really high on him as well.

I think he's one of the best defenders in the league.

If he develops his shot to league average he's worth at least 20 million.

It's a big jump from "became nearly unplayable" to "worth at least 20 million".

He needs serious work on his hands and his shot to be a useful player. His defense is nice but opposing teams in a playoff series figure him out too easy. You can't have someone who is a complete liability at one end in today's NBA - he needs to be come a league-average shooter or an elite rim-runner or a very good passer or something, otherwise he's gonna get played off the court again.

they're not losing AR. Pelinka put the word out that if u try to put an offer out to AR, we'll wait 3 days and tie up your cap space. it's guaranteed he'll be here. sucks for AR because he losing out damn near 50M with the Lakers putting that threat out. DLo on the other hand, I can see him being gone with Gabe signing here.

I can't see him missing out on $50 million. Lakers are still going to take care of him. He's getting an offer at least within $20-30 million of what he was going to get on the open market.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And when Seth isn’t making shots, what can he do? There’s a reason he signs the type of contracts he signs and bounces from team to team while not being able to stay on a team for more than a year.
Seth has hit shots his entire career. What is Gabe doing when his shot is off, which is much more often than Seth? He is not some defensive stopper.

Seth was Philly's third leading playoff scorer TWO years ago on 58/51 splits through two rounds.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seth has hit shots his entire career. What is Gabe doing when his shot is off, which is much more often than Seth? He is not some defensive stopper.

Seth was Philly's third leading playoff scorer TWO years ago on 58/51 splits through two rounds.
We don’t need him to be a defensive stopper. We just need him to be competent. Y’all want Seth but yet Gabe was always going to get a bigger bag by every team. Not to mention that this is really the first year that Gabe got real mins, there’s still some potential there.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Considering how he played in the playoffs, anything below the cap hold was going to be a win. He just needs to do it consistently going forward, which is a big "if". But he legit could improve still too.

D-Lo should have the higher ceiling, but this is 100% true if we're going off of last year's postseason. He hit his threes and he played his role on defense, which is all they needed him to do and is a lot more than D-Lo did. And now he's a guy who has experienced back-to-back postseason runs and won't be shook in the Finals. For the contract this is a solid pickup.

Knowing the Lakers, he better not shoot 30% from 3pt last year like some of these guys have the moment they came to LA. :mjlol:

Those would both be useful.

It's a big jump from "became nearly unplayable" to "worth at least 20 million".

He needs serious work on his hands and his shot to be a useful player. His defense is nice but opposing teams in a playoff series figure him out too easy. You can't have someone who is a complete liability at one end in today's NBA - he needs to be come a league-average shooter or an elite rim-runner or a very good passer or something, otherwise he's gonna get played off the court again.

I can't see him missing out on $50 million. Lakers are still going to take care of him. He's getting an offer at least within $20-30 million of what he was going to get on the open market.
They can’t give him a higher offer than 52M. that’s his max from them. He got fukked over but that’s the price for getting the bag earlier than everyone else in his class.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He had one really good series against Boston.

Overall, in two years of high-pressure basketball he's shot 35% from 3pt in the postseason with a 2.4 to 1 assist/turnover ratio and competent defense. And those shooting #'s aren't just propped up by the Boston series, he was over 35% in 4 out of 7 series

That's exactly what the Lakers want for a barebones point guard. They can't pay big money there when they're already paying huge money for Bron/AD and good money for Reeves/Rui. Point guard is where they had to cut corners, which makes perfect sense on a LBJ team. If Gabe Vincent can just get his Mario Chalmers/Rajon Rondo on, it'll be good enough. Hit an average # of threes, don't make stupid turnovers, and defend your position.

The big fear is that he shoots like shyt for a whole series when it matters. But D-Lo just proved he can do that too with 3x as expensive a contract, and D-Lo wasn't defending jack shyt either.

That's what yall remember. We've seen players get hot for stretches before then go right back to being trash. His entire body of work says he is mediocre.

Of course he's mediocre. Mediocre is a big win for $11 million/year. He's getting Dennis Schroder, Coby White, Tre Jones money, and he's proven more in a big series than any of them.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They can’t give him a higher offer than 52M. that’s his max from them. He got fukked over but that’s the price for getting the bag earlier than everyone else in his class.

I forgot about that. I still think someone is going to toss him an offer anyway, but it would be wild if that play actually works and the Lakers really do get him for $52 million.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I forgot about that. I still think someone is going to toss him an offer anyway, but it would be wild if that play actually works and the Lakers really do get him for $52 million.
Spurs are the only team that can and I can see them doing it just to fukk us over. I think Austin is hoping for that too hence why he hasn’t agreed to the Lakers deal yet.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Spurs are the only team that can and I can see them doing it just to fukk us over. I think Austin is hoping for that too hence why he hasn’t agreed to the Lakers deal yet.

I’m hoping he chooses the long term prospects of being a Laker over that scummy spurs shyt. Bron and AD will most likely be gone within the next few years so at that point he can stand to make much more as well as be potentially at the helm of the GOAT franchise in all professional sports.