WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Hammerhead deserves some blame but it’s very hard to scheme rotations when your “best player” doesn’t move or rotate.

Lebron has never been a good off ball defender and he’s ever worse now. You can put a mixtape together of him leaving shooters and cutters open while pointing at someone else to do his job.

You pair that with guys like D-Lo who couldn’t care less about defense and you get what happened tonight :yeshrug:
You're forgetting Reaves.

Dude is the worst defender on this team and it's getting to the point his offensive output isn't even worth it. I used to defend him and think he was nearly untradable and I don't feel that way anymore

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
You're forgetting Reaves.

Dude is the worst defender on this team and it's getting to the point his offensive output isn't even worth it. I used to defend him and think he was nearly untradable and I don't feel that way anymore

Reaves is a bottom 2 defender in the NBA according to defensive epm. But he is correct about Lebron he is not giving constant defensive effort every night. The difference is when he tries he's pretty good on defense. Reaves tries constantly but he's still horrible.

In summary, you want the best defenders possible around Lebron to make up for him when he is not giving 100% on defense.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Reaves is a bottom 2 defender in the NBA according to defensive epm. But he is correct about Lebron he is not giving constant defensive effort every night. The difference is when he tries he's pretty good on defense. Reaves tries constantly but he's still horrible.

In summary, you want the best defenders possible around Lebron to make up for him when he is not giving 100% on defense.
This is the issue.

Reaves and DLO in your backcourt get torched. They both are simply incapable of being good defenders, and you can't pair them together against any team that has an athletic guard (which is literally 90% of this league).

Bron is not good in regular season games on the defensive end game to game, you can't have 2 guys on the court be horrific also. It doesn't work.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Something something Darvin Ham. Something something Taurean Prince. Something something Reaves and the bench.

how can anyone act like he’s a victim and is being done wrong by the Lakers is beyond me. The ONLY player that is blameless this season is AD. Yea he has bad games at times but you can never question his effort and he’s been elite on both ends despite his shortcomings as a stretch big

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Anthony Irwin (I hate this fat b*stard) seemed to report that Jeannie doesn't want to fire Ham as doing so might cede some power to her brothers.

Also, why do the Lakers let a Lakers employee be a regular guest/co-host on his podcast?

How does that cede power to her brothers? See, this is the issue with the team. It's been a power struggle for almost a decade now. Just constant back and forth. Probably a lot more behind the scenes that we don't even know about.

Haven't read this but seems like he may elaborate here.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Brown is not worth 20 million I would keep Rui over him.
id like murray and brown starting.. it be similar to derrick white and jrue.. and with vando and ad behind weed def improve our defense enough that it would offset whatever o we lost.. plus hopefully ham will stop playing tp so much.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

Something something Darvin Ham. Something something Taurean Prince. Something something Reaves and the bench.

how can anyone act like he’s a victim and is being done wrong by the Lakers is beyond me. The ONLY player that is blameless this season is AD. Yea he has bad games at times but you can never question his effort and he’s been elite on both ends despite his shortcomings as a stretch big
But...but...but he's still DOMINATING the league :jbhmm:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
id like murray and brown starting.. it be similar to derrick white and jrue.. and with vando and ad behind weed def improve our defense enough that it would offset whatever o we lost.. plus hopefully ham will stop playing tp so much.

I like getting Murray but at that price I don't know about Bruce Brown. He is not exactly known as a lock down defender.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I'm not concerned about Lebron's defense one bit...At 39 years old he has to pick and choose his spots. He's also been nursing a less than 100% ankle...One thing we do know is that Lebron will clamp down on defense down the stretch during the RS and the playoffs...You can't say the same about Reaves/Dlo....Despite having one of his worst games of the season. Lebron's 9 for 22 was still better than Rui/Wood/AR going 5 for 24.....and Lebron's defense was still better than Reave/Dlo.

Another thing we know is that the Lakers are not going to get knocked out of the playoffs because Lebron didn't show up (Barring injury)