WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Wish we had an offensive system and ran plays . It’s just a free flow offense but our offense is the least of our concerns. It’s always defensive adjustments with Ham. We lead the entire series minutes wise to give it up at the end. That points to poor coaching .

Someone said that Denver played rope a dope with us. I disagree . We had s chance to win every single game except game 4.

The thing that frustrates me the most is this was the healthiest we ever had AD. He was a monster this series. What a waste of a season

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is what I don’t like. All y’all loved the moves that were made. We lose & now it’s a bad roster & you put all the blame on Darvin.

Make it make sense lol
Don't make me pull up how everyone was saying the Lakers "won" the offseason
Hyping up trash like Cam Reddish and Christian Wood 😂😂😭

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
This is what I don’t like. All y’all loved the moves that were made. We lose & now it’s a bad roster & you put all the blame on Darvin.

Make it make sense lol

On paper, the roster looked better to start the season especially, compared to the teams we had the last two seasons. The roster was an improvement from that perspective but as we all know and found out later is that what looks good on paper doesn't always translate on the court...

However, that doesn't mean Ham still didn't do an awful job at coaching. Yeah, Gabe didn't pan out but that has a lot to do with coaching so the past two seasons in Miami when the Heat were the #1 and #8 seeds, Spo knew how to get the best out of Vincent sure he wasn't always great but more often than not he'd came up with big shots and gave them what they needed in crucial times of the season/postseason.

Basically he knew how to maximize his strengths as a player, Ham didn't know how to use Vincent (or a few others on the roster) and just hoped that things would magically work out once subbed into the game.

Ham doesn't know how to make players fit within a scheme/gameplan and tends to play players at random. To Gabe's defense he was injured most of the season and clearly wasn't 100% by the time the postseason started, and plus as I mentioned he just doesn't mesh well next to Bron and AD compared to him playing besides Jimmy and Bam and that partially had to do with coaching.

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the knocks on LeBron is that you can't develop young players with him because you're in "win now" mode. Reaves and Caruso both prove that's wrong. Rui too. No reason to think that productive rookies who the Lakers passed over in the draft would've been unable to succeed with LeBron.

Reaves, Caruso and Rui weren't considered young when they joined Lebron.

:mjlol:

When we say young rookies can't succeed playing with Lebron, we're talking about the Cam Whitmore types. They'll never be given a chance to succeed because a) they're more likely to be traded if they have any value or b) they'll stay in the g-league because guys that young aren't considered win now players.

Lebron joined the Cavs and immediately traded Wiggins for help. Lebron joined the Lakers and immediately plotted the departure of Lonzo and Ingram. Lebron joined the Lakers and Randle was gone before they even stepped on the court together.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

Make it make sense lol
Now pull up my posts.

I been saying the roster was trash from day 1. Been said Gabe Vincent was an awful signing from day 1.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
On paper, the roster looked better to start the season especially, compared to the teams we had the last two seasons. The roster was an improvement from that perspective but as we all know and found out later is that what looks good on paper doesn't always translate on the court...

However, that doesn't mean Ham still didn't do an awful job at coaching. Yeah, Gabe didn't pan out but that has a lot to do with coaching so the past two seasons in Miami when the Heat were the #1 and #8 seeds, Spo knew how to get the best out of Vincent sure he wasn't always great but more often than not he'd came up with big shots and gave them what they needed in crucial times of the season/postseason.

Basically he knew how to maximize his strengths as a player, Ham didn't know how to use Vincent (or a few others on the roster) and just hoped that things would magically work out once subbed into the game.

Ham doesn't know how to make players fit within a scheme/gameplan and tends to play players at random. To Gabe's defense he was injured most of the season and clearly wasn't 100% by the time the postseason started, and plus as I mentioned he just doesn't mesh well next to Bron and AD compared to him playing besides Jimmy and Bam and that partially had to do with coaching.
Gabe Vincent was never a good player. At no point in his career was he ever good. Doesn't matter if he played all 82 games or not.

This year's roster was not better on paper. Gabe Vincent was a massive downgrade from Schroeder. Same shyt with Cam for Lonnie.

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Gabe Vincent was never a good player. At no point in his career was he ever good. Doesn't matter if he played all 82 games or not.
I've never said he was a good player and it's not about how many games he played either...

In Miami he was a decent player due to Spo knowing how to coach and getting the best out of his players. The point is that in Miami Spo knew how to maximize his strengths where it outweighed the cons of his game.

He was a vital part in Miami's success during the past two seasons, Vincent's impact doesn't come from his stat line but his ability to be reliable hitting shots and making clutch plays.

Ham didn't know how to use Vincent at all but at the same time he partially struggled to mesh with Bron and AD possibly due to higher expectations playing in a Laker jersey.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I've never said he was a good player and it's not about how many games he played either...

In Miami he was a decent player due to Spo knowing how to coach and getting the best out of his players. The point is that in Miami Spo knew how to maximize his strengths where it outweighed the cons of his game.

He was a vital part in Miami's success during the past two seasons, Vincent's impact doesn't come from his stat line but his ability to be reliable hitting shots and making clutch plays.

Ham didn't know how to use Vincent at all but at the same time he partially struggled to mesh with Bron and AD possibly due to higher expectations playing in a Laker jersey.
Gabe Vincent was not a decent player in Miami. I don't know what the fukk yall be watching.

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Gabe Vincent was not a decent player in Miami. I don't know what the fukk yall be watching.
Yes he was in Miami due to Spo knowing how to utilize him.

I watched enough Heat games those last two seasons to know he played an important role for them which is what led to him being signed here.

The truth is that Ham didn't know how to use him but also Gabe just didn't fit well next to Bron and AD due to numerous reasons. Being in a Laker jersey means the expectations were higher for him to preform and the fact that we're in a “win now” mode due to Bron's timeline means that those expectations are higher than what it was in Miami playing besides Jimmy and Bam.

What we (as Lakers fans) wanted from Vincent to provide isn't where his strengths lie. Spo knew what his strengths were and minimized his cons to get what was needed for them during those ECF/Finals runs those last two years...he was literally their starting PG/SG for those past two seasons. Ham played Vincent (and Dinwiddie which is another conversation) in hopes things would magically work on its own.

Last edited:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

When we say young rookies can't succeed playing with Lebron, we're talking about the Cam Whitmore types. They'll never be given a chance to succeed because a) they're more likely to be traded if they have any value or b) they'll stay in the g-league because guys that young aren't considered win now players.

Lebron joined the Cavs and immediately traded Wiggins for help. Lebron joined the Lakers and immediately plotted the departure of Lonzo and Ingram. Lebron joined the Lakers and Randle was gone before they even stepped on the court together.

Can't speak for anybody else, I was talking about Jaquez, a 22 year old 4 year guy. Passing over him for JHS will be a mistake if he doesn't develop into something.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Make it make sense lol
I don't know why you quoted me, I have defended Darvin more than anyone in here lmao and have said that coaches get scapegoat for no reason. The Gabe signing didn't work out, I did like it at that time, unfortunately dude was another Nunn.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Get Trae Young. Let Bron play like Gordon x 10.

No you won't win a championship but it will be better than what you have.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why you quoted me, I have defended Darvin more than anyone in here lmao and have said that coaches get scapegoat for no reason. The Gabe signing didn't work out, I did like it at that time, unfortunately dude was another Nunn.
Breh I just quoted the first posts I saw that framed it as the roster was good prior to the season lol

Wasn’t going at you specifically just highlighting how the sentiment now is the roster was ass & it’s all Ham fault.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Breh I just quoted the first posts I saw that framed it as the roster was good prior to the season lol

Wasn’t going at you specifically just highlighting how the sentiment now is the roster was ass & it’s all Ham fault.
I'm on the record as not being thrilled about their offseason. I hated the Vincent signing and wanted Dennis back; I knew Lonnie was gone no matter what because of the way Ham buried him last season.

I really wanted Bruce Brown or Dillon Brooks but both guys got way more than LA could offer. There weren't a lot of great options after that and they did the right thing standing pat at the deadline.

ANYBODY whining about sitting out the deadline should be disregarded. There was nobody available and trading their one available first would have handicapped their flexibility this summer. As a result, they now have three firsts to dangle instead of zero or one.

Ham has been a disaster as coach. There is no way around that. He poisoned the well day one of the season by benching Rui for Prince, then eventually benching Reaves and DLo for Cam fukking Reddish and Vando. :scust:

Last edited: