WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Playcalling and recognizing when the offense is getting disjointed is one of the few things a head coach and his staff can do to affect the game. This has been a constant issue with this team since Ham took over. As great as LeBron is sometimes you need the coach to push you in the right direction and that's what the great ones do. We've all heard the story of Phil in the huddle asking Mike, "Who's open?" before Paxon hit the title clinching shot. The lack of play calling is Ham's direct responsibility and an easily fixable problem. His inability to address it just underscores how incompetent he is.

And even then of course he's not the sole reason they lose, but watching this team under him I struggle to identify what he does to impact winning. He was a joke of a hire, until the next one and he'll probably never get another head coaching position.

I agree :hubie:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We just need to stop going to Bron during final possessions. It hasn’t worked out at all during his entire Lakers tenure. He’s obviously clutch, his career has shown us that but he’s been ridiculously consistently bad during the last possession. It keeps biting us in the ass. I’d be curious to know what his % is as a Laker in the last min or so.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not passive at all, there were no plays being ran for him like the other quarters, and Nuggets changed up their defensive scheme on him. Ham did not adjust at all to it. Thus it lead to AD forcing shots up, and all the turnovers.
I forgot he was even on the court during crunch time. A superstar that goes 0-1 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game? Who does that? Dude has regressed since that Bubble Chip.

NBA Fans All Saying The Same Thing About Anthony Davis After Lakers Game 2 Loss​

In the fourth quarter, Davis finished with zero points on 0-for-1 shooting, one rebound

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
We just need to stop going to Bron during final possessions. It hasn’t worked out at all during his entire Lakers tenure. He’s obviously clutch, his career has shown us that but he’s been ridiculously consistently bad during the last possession. It keeps biting us in the ass. I’d be curious to know what his % is as a Laker in the last min or so.
I agree. He doesnt have the stamina and its too predictable. Who would you run it through? I would say Reaves. He has shown in the past that he can come through in those type of situations

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. He doesnt have the stamina and its too predictable. Who would you run it through? I would say Reaves. He has shown in the past that he can come through in those type of situations

Reaves or DLo. I don’t even think they’re more clutch than Bron, it’s just that we know it doesn’t work so try someone else or something new. LeBron drive and kick out is a better option.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He hasn't made a last second shot, 0 for forever with the Lakers, but outside of that I feel like he's been at last decent in the last couple of minutes. He hit that shot pretty late against Memphis last year.

Coli Hoecomb

Trollin' in my 64'
Daps
Reppin
East Coast All Stars

Facts. They also failed to get a big to defend players like Jokic, Sabonis etc.

The way offense is promoted in the league over defense, I dont think there is a defensive big that can stop Jokic one on one right now. AD is still a top 5 defensive big in the league, maybe even top 3 and Joker was having his way on the block with him. Pick your poison. May have to send more double teams late in the shot clock and hope the others miss or make a bad play.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Reaves or DLo. I don’t even think they’re more clutch than Bron, it’s just that we know it doesn’t work so try someone else or something new. LeBron drive and kick out is a better option.
Dlo is too turnover prone for me.

It's really the process of elimination at this point. Bron is the best option because he has the vision and the ability to create his own basket.

He just had a bonehead moment-- all he had to do was not pick up his dribble and continue bleeding clock and/or drive.

Rui was wide open on that play (and as much as I wouldn't have wanted to give him a shot in that moment), a Bron drive and kick there would have been preferable than that hesitant off balance shot he took.

Bron is still our best option but I ain't gonna lie, I would have trusted Kobe to make that shot over any player in the history of Laker basketball. Period.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reaves has been gassed late in these games. He's actually done a decent job on Murray. D-lo is such a so so decision maker and poor finisher. LeBron drive and kick is a decent option, but his first step looks gone late in these games. KCP did a good job staying in front of him. Surprised they haven't tried to get Murray in action with the pick and roll and target him.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He hasn't made a last second shot, 0 for forever with the Lakers, but outside of that I feel like he's been at last decent in the last couple of minutes. He hit that shot pretty late against Memphis last year.
Yea he’s been really good with a few mins left but when the game is left with 1 possession, he’s an auto miss. I don’t think he’s had an actual game winner with us in his entire tenure. I know he had a putback off a ft miss against I forgot who his first year? I know he also hit that shot against the Celtics to go ahead. I can’t think of any other shots. It’s just really bad luck.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
It's really the process of elimination at this point. Bron is the best option because he has the vision and the ability to create his own basket.

He just had a bonehead moment-- all he had to do was not pick up his dribble and continue bleeding clock and/or drive.

Rui was wide open on that play (and as much as I wouldn't have wanted to give him a shot in that moment), a Bron drive and kick there would have been preferable than that hesitant off balance shot he took.

Bron is still our best option but I ain't gonna lie, I would have trusted Kobe to make that shot over any player in the history of Laker basketball. Period.
A wide open 3 in the clutch? Fisher and it's not even close. Then Horry and 09 Ariza.