Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Amazed at all the animosity thrown towards

It's amazing how they see Obama's election as some remedy for centuries of institutional racism. It's like in their heads they're saying we gave you something be happy, forgive us without looking at their role in the entire matter. Whether you're a black woman or man in college or someone in the hood, they see you in the same manner.

Also it shows their praise of Martin Luther King is hollow. What's the difference between what these kids are doing and what he did? But CACs loving portraying MLK as the standard negro (no disrespect to the great man) but if he was alive today he would be called the same things they called Black Lives Matters activists or these kids. Just shows they hate you until they kill or silence you. Seeing people call the students soft because "they can't put up with some taunts", :dead: God forbid we raise a generation of social aware individuals, something we have been lacking since for the last 3 decades.

President had to go because he and his university failed on multiple occasions to even listen to the concerns of students. A college president doesn't have to intimately know every single thing going on his campus but something to this extent he has to be more hands on. At least put greater mechanisms in place to address what looks like a culture of ignorance on Mizzou's campus.

In fact, Jonathan Butler was on a hunger strike and not a damn thing was done until the football players stepped in. Pretty much proves what the students were saying. Their grievances were never addressed much less acknowledged until their entertainment and wallets were threatened.

Bob Owens is more or less admitting he'd be a discriminatory hirer.

:mjpls:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yo, something is seriously wrong with Steven A Smith. He went victim mode and ask Dyson if he has been called a "Sell out" not sure about the way Dyson answered the question sounded like some pity for c00n Smith.
I hate when people do that, if you want people to stop calling you a c00n & a sellout then stop c00nin and selling out:mjlol: Once again MED completely schools SAS and SAS tries to act like they had a good back and forth conversation.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Me too because sometimes college athletes dont want to get involved in these situations

My phone went out yesterday when the news broke. But I had typed up a good comment that got deleted. Basically I said this shyt has all come to a head because of the Ferguson protests (aka Ferguson tea party as I like to call it).

That shyt had affects all around the country. Not to mention that Ferguson is in the back alley of this school. Who knows how many people these kids know or have family in or around Ferguson.

If any of you kats are old enough and remember the LA riots after Rodney King it also caused a spike in protests.

You can look back at the riots in the 60s as well. Riots and protest always push the envelope when it comes to taking action.

That is why I said that the folks in Ferguson probably motivated a whole segment of black folks. Also the athletes are more likely to put their neck out if they see the public do it.

Think of all the stands athletes took in the 60s.That was a direct correlation from the protests and civil unrest from the public. Ali probably doesnt make that stand against Vietnam if young folks werent protesting in the streets and civil rights activist weren't taking a stand on the war and the treatment of black folks.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I support these athletes 100% but these corny white college liberals need to get the fukk outta here with that safe space bullshyt. What do they have to protest about?