Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My phone went out yesterday when the news broke. But I had typed up a good comment that got deleted. Basically I said this shyt has all come to a head because of the Ferguson protests (aka Ferguson tea party as I like to call it).

That shyt had affects all around the country. Not to mention that Ferguson is in the back alley of this school. Who knows how many people these kids know or have family in or around Ferguson.

If any of you kats are old enough and remember the LA riots after Rodney King it also caused a spike in protests.

You can look back at the riots in the 60s as well. Riots and protest always push the envelope when it comes to taking action.

That is why I said that the folks in Ferguson probably motivated a whole segment of black folks. Also the athletes are more likely to put their neck out if they see the public do it.

Think of all the stands athletes took in the 60s.That was a direct correlation from the protests and civil unrest from the public. Ali probably doesnt make that stand against Vietnam if young folks werent protesting in the streets and civil rights activist weren't taking a stand on the war and the treatment of black folks.

:wow:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My phone went out yesterday when the news broke. But I had typed up a good comment that got deleted. Basically I said this shyt has all come to a head because of the Ferguson protests (aka Ferguson tea party as I like to call it).

That shyt had affects all around the country. Not to mention that Ferguson is in the back alley of this school. Who knows how many people these kids know or have family in or around Ferguson.

If any of you kats are old enough and remember the LA riots after Rodney King it also caused a spike in protests.

You can look back at the riots in the 60s as well. Riots and protest always push the envelope when it comes to taking action.

That is why I said that the folks in Ferguson probably motivated a whole segment of black folks. Also the athletes are more likely to put their neck out if they see the public do it.

Think of all the stands athletes took in the 60s.That was a direct correlation from the protests and civil unrest from the public. Ali probably doesnt make that stand against Vietnam if young folks werent protesting in the streets and civil rights activist weren't taking a stand on the war and the treatment of black folks.

That's good point.

Athletes don't want to stand on their own.

Ali knew he would have support from black people.

That's why we need to support each other

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
M.E.D didn't son S.A.S, they more or less agreed on a lot of stuff.
They agreed on a lot of what MED was saying, if this was First Take & another person SAS would've shot down everything they were saying. Sonning doesn't mean you have to be loud and make the other person feel small, it's the act of providing sound reasoning and making the other parties arguments invalid.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yo, Bo was BREAKING THESE FOOLS DOWN!

:laff:

This type of shyt is right in his wheelhouse and I'm amazed at how cats who claim they are fans of his show try to play dumb

@Walt was 100 percent right about these businessmen in high offices at these schools too

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That shyt was hilarious. First caller sounded like a scared little boy talking to his pops about why he didn't clean his room and shyt. Stuttering and shyt. :heh:

The second caller was a perfect representation of a cac. Dude spouting nonsense and couldn't even explain himself to Bomani. :laff:

One thing I noticed through out the calls and in public, why white people scared to call black people black and instead call them African American? Do they think calling em black makes them sound racist or something?

That first caller :dead: You know he starts off everything in person with "Look I'm not racist...I have a black friend but..."

I'm sitting there like "Say it with your chest. What you acting all scared for?" :birdman:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What's even better than the MU victory is the precedent this will set. College and professional athletes around the country watching this unfold and realizing their potential like :jbhmm:

Unfortunately the universities and professional sports owners are also watching this closely. Best believe they're already thinking of measures to make sure this NEVER happens again.

But we'll see... :sas1:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
What's even better than the MU victory is the precedent this will set. College and professional athletes around the country watching this unfold and realizing their potential like :jbhmm:

Unfortunately the universities and professional sports owners are also watching this closely. Best believe they're already thinking of measures to make sure this NEVER happens again.

*gathers up the whole 112 group

"YOU ALREADY KNOW!!"

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

You fukk with the money and that person has to go. It's not complicated for them. They'll throw whoever they need under the bus to protect the system.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's good point.

Athletes don't want to stand on their own.

Ali knew he would have support from black people.

That's why we need to support each other

Amen brotha and that is what it is all about. I told my nephew who got a full ride at a university that my wife and I got his back all day. As long as what he stands on is right.

Anyway he was thinking about quiting because he didn't like how the head coach was talking to him and the other players. My nephew is one of these kats that is strictly about school. He looks at athletics as a way to pay his undergrad school and nothing more. So he is not like some of these kats who got silly visions of the pros when they have no shot. Nor is he an athlete that cares less about education.

Well I told lil homie if you feel that these fools are treating you like shyt and trying to force you to not get an education and need to quiet...you got my full support. I will help you continue your education in anyway that I can and you can believe all day young man.

In the end the coach got fired and he got a new coach that treats the players much better. So he decided to stay......but if he decided to quit I would have had his back and helped him with school.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I can't stress enough how much Ferguson really opened my eyes man.... Like, I knew shyt wasn't sweet, but I never knew how truly bad it was. I went to mostly white schools growing up and had a lot of white acquaintances. I remember specifically all the love and outcry people I knew had during the Boston bombings. All types of Facebook posts showing support. Ferguson? Crickets. Literally one white dude from high school that was always on some fukk the police shyt, was outraged.

It was that moment that I realized that ALOT MORE white people than ever imagined, viewed people who looked like me, as THEM.