Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm African.:camby:

Just because I don't agree with the way this was handled by both parties doesn't make me white.
Then your a very ignorant, likely a fake white African or a dreaded Afric00n. Either way, you're clearly a moron that needs to do more research on race relations in America before filling this thread with ignorant comments.

Good day you fake ass African. Log off and go read a book. Come back when you're more informed.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Let's be real the only change that's gonna occur is the increase in racial divide between black and white folks. That's definitely not what america needs right now.

This has literally been said during every civil rights movement in this country. It is NOT an acceptable excuse to keep the status quo. I understand why a white person would say it - the status quo works for them. But why some black people always trot out to say it, whether it's 1900 or 1960 or 2015, is beyond me.

Daps
You're pathetic.

So black people standing up to racism and abuse towards them is going to increase the racial divide? What does that say about the other side of the equation?

You didn't admit to it when called out on it, but you do seem to want black people to live on their knees.

Yes, the way you are doing it will undoubtedly lead to more hostility and hatred towards black people. There were better ways to handle this situation but this was not one of them; imposing your will on the majority is never a good idea. History will testify to the fact.

Also demanding the president to admit his white privilege? Really?

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure how many of you know about this as a national movement, but the corporatization of the public University is a very real and dangerous mission/movement. University presidents with little to no knowledge of academia are being plucked from the business sector and tasked with the mandate to strip schools of "liberal thinking" while focusing more on the vocational aspects of education. In other words, to remove critical thought and encourage a worker-bee mentality. Departments are being gutted, job security is being scaled back, and unscrupulous practices that increase school revenue while decreasing the quality of education for students are being trumpeted as practical and visionary. The concern for basic issues like access, broadening perspectives, critically challenging systems of power, examining the arts, and discussion of race, gender, etc. is actively being discouraged. Corporate giants are in cahoots with government officials, who are dictating to the regents who to hire.

Which is all to say these protests from people like football players are incredibly significant. Because they are the fuel that makes the engine run on the economic vehicles that bring 30-90 million dollars into these college towns. They might be some exploited ass nikkas who aren't necessarily qualified for enrollment, and don't go to classes.... but they have way more power than the smartest kid on any of these campuses, because money talks.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
missouri-football-players-on-strike-until-univers-2-24149-1447023113-0_big.jpg

...These Are Our Heroes:ahh::salute::wow::mjcry::blessed:

Young Israelites unifying to take a stand against oppression. These boys got more heart than alot of people 2x their age

fortune-clapping.gif

dude resigned:pachaha:

Got him up outta there like

giphy.gif

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Wolfe resigned:krs::krs:
d5c7711a645ef84d77fc9585a178c4ce.gif

I cant front im a little :to:right now. Im so proud that these young black men (and the women who were protesting with them) realizing that they have power to do this. A young breh put his body/life on the line for this. I hope this is only the beginning that more brehs become more vocal and stop letting the bullshyt slide.

Imagine this going down at somewhere like Bama:wow::wow:

ETA: Oh yea, fukk the clippers:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:. These young men showed more heart than grown rich men. All those clippers will always be fukkboys in my eyes:birdman:

Daps
The same thing that happened to the white boys who drove by and sped off after calling me a ******, while playing ball....Nothing. But somehow you keep missing the point of the president of the university brushing off their pleas and complaints. I think you're trolling at this point because this point has been made over and over.

Do you have any evidence that supports your position?