Who will beat Danielson for the AEW World Championship ?

Who will be the next AEW World Champion ?

• Swerve Strickland

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Jon Moxley

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Darby Allin

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Christian Cage

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hangman Page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Ospreay

• Jay White

• Jack Perry

• Kenny Omega

• MJF

• Kazuchika Okada

• Konosuke Takeshyta

• Adam Cole

• Adam Copeland

• Someone else (specify in thread)

• Total voters

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Given how Danielson likes paying it forward and AEW apparently has been talking about rewarding him for the work he’s put in?

My outside pick is Darby Allen.

He's from the Seattle area as well so him winning there would make sense but IIRC his title match is taking place at Grand Slam.

Going through the list, you can eliminate these people:
  • Jon Moxley --> Just started a new angle and I could see him feuding with BCC vs. just Danielson
  • Will Ospreay --> Just won back the International title
  • Jack Perry --> Not happening at Wrestledream since they are wrestling at All Out
  • Kenny Omega --> Injured
  • Konosuke Takeshyta --> Needs a run with the TNT, Continental, or International title first IMO
  • Adam Cole --> Injured
  • Adam Copeland --> Injured
  • Jay White --> He's on the mend, but don't think he's been 100% cleared
  • Darby Allin --> Believe his title match is at Grand Slam
  • MJF --> Already beat Danielson, just lost to Ospreay and next program is with Daniel Garcia. Seems to be too out of the mix for the main title.

Eliminating the obvious ones, that leaves us with Swerve Strickland, Christian Cage, Kazuchika Okada, and Hangman Page.
  • Kazuchika Okada --> I think Okada is out because the Continental Classic is coming up, which I'm guessing he'll have a big part of with defending the belt.
  • Christian Cage --> while he's on the run of a lifetime, would probably have a similar style short reign. Plus, the person who retires Danielson from full-time competition should be someone who needs the rub in the long term.

I think it comes down to Swerve & Hangman Page. Hangman has never beaten Swerve and Swerve has never beaten Danielson. Swerve beating Danielson for the first time on their home turf would be big, but I don't see Hangman Page losing the cage match on Sunday because he's taken several L's to Swerve already. Swerve losing two big PPV matches in a row might not get him a title opportunity.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The father that stepped in :wow:

images

#turtleneckgawd #hesafathertomebecausemyfatherisDEAD #worksmarternotharder #Edgesucks

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Needs neck surgery within the next 4 to 6 months and since they're treating that battle royale gauntlet match as their Money in the Bank, I can see Christian winning (especially since he has Edge's "ultimate opportunist" character)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Needs neck surgery within the next 4 to 6 months and since they're treating that battle royale gauntlet match as their Money in the Bank, I can see Christian winning (especially since he has Edge's "ultimate opportunist" character)

The man deserves that title push godangit

• Held down each year like three summers
  • Made Coping look like the lesser half then, now and forever
  • Made Luchasaurus not look like a joke
  • Raised Nick Wayne because the coward wasn't there
  • Gave Nick Wayne's mom the sex appeal to be a TSC Pawg
  • While everybody was killing themselves with those small ass ladders, my man Christian came in and scoop up the W
It's gotta happen :hubie: . No more injured broken down cretins tainting the gold. We off that and on the smarter work gang gang shyt.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
The man deserves that title push godangit

• Held down each year like three summers
  • Made Coping look like the lesser half then, now and forever
  • Made Luchasaurus not look like a joke
  • Raised Nick Wayne because the coward wasn't there
  • Gave Nick Wayne's mom the sex appeal to be a TSC Pawg
  • While everybody was killing themselves with those small ass ladders, my man Christian came in and scoop up the W
It's gotta happen :hubie: . No more injured broken down cretins tainting the gold. We off that and on the smarter work gang gang shyt.
He's been AEW's true MVP since they signed him honestly.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I know it would never happen, but I'd love to see Shane Taylor finally get a shot.
He can talk.
He carries himself like a killer.
He had a dominant title run in the old ROH.
He has a legit boxing background.
He has a ready-made stable of hitters.
He'd kick just about everybody's ass who is listed in the OP's poll (and he won't get dogwalked by an Uber driver).
Most importantly, Shane Taylor isn't just another tiny white man.
Tony Khan should give that brotha an opportunity with the belt. If nothing else, Shane's run won't be as bad as MJF's was.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
He's been AEW's true MVP since they signed him honestly.

NGL since all my favorites in the Dub are heading to NXXXT or in catering, Christian is probably my favorite Dub wrestler. I'm dying on the hill. The man is just GOAT with whatever you throw at him. He's the spirit of Terry Funk without the suicidal tendencies of doing crazy spots.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
kinda sad how Malakai Black be so forgotten no one even mentioned him :mjlol: but i’d have him win the world title next then drop it to Darby after a few months reign

dude been a solid hand for the company for years now and is a former NXT champ not to mention can still go hard in ring :manny: i say give him a run

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
kinda sad how Malakai Black be so forgotten no one even mentioned him :mjlol: but i’d have him win the world title next then drop it to Darby after a few months reign

dude been a solid hand for the company for years now and is a former NXT champ not to mention can still go hard in ring :manny: i say give him a run

Black changed to trios matches for all eternity :francis: . When he first came to the Dub it was spiritual. My man round house kicked Cody into the WWE universe. Sadly, we never got beyond the House of Black because....I haven't the damnest of clues :mjcry:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
I'd personally like to see Jay White be the one to beat Danielson since it's a fresh matchup that needs to happen before the Dragon call it quits.
Also Switchblade reminding everybody he's the one who "retired" Danielson every chance he gets would be great just like the way he always talk about single handedly selling out the msg and the united center.

But if I were to take a bet I would say it's either Hangman or Swerve.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't see Dragon going past the Tacoma show PPV so options are very limited. Kinda hard picturing anyone besides Swerve or Darby.

-Swerve's biggest problem is that is hard picturing him beating Hangman AGAIN at All Out, and getting a title shot 1 month later after two consecutive big Ls is hard to out. So he basically "has" to win the cage match to get his belt back. I still voted for him because I believe he 100% deserves to continue the run he started after the Joe match, but it might just be wishful thinking.

-That leaves Darby, who is gonna get a title shot in a couple of weeks at Grand Slam. I can absolutely see Danielson asking for another 60 minute time limit draw or another non finish (could see him doing a double pin like he did with Punk in WWE) that warrants a rematch at WrestleDream.

Christian "makes sense" due to the title shot he won but honestly, it would be very weird to see both TK and Dragon agreeing that the guy that gets the rub from beating Danielson and sends him home would be an established veteran like CC.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London

A HoB-backed reign of terror for Malakai has to happen eventually. SURELY. :mjcry: