Who was that breh that kept saying...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I guess the question is as the tech gets better, will there come a time when the amount of processing power becomes superfluous? will we need something the size of a console to push 16k VR?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I guess the question is as the tech gets better, will there come a time when the amount of processing power becomes superfluous? will we need something the size of a console to push 16k VR?
It's really not that complicated, where can we play games is the question.

The differences only come into what type of games you wanna play. Actual games are made for consoles. Name a gaming company and they are primarily console centric. This is where somebody will :cape: and go "What about this company, they sold 300million copies of unicorn master warriors on PC" and while that may be true, that company's name isn't mentioned, doesn't ring bells like when you say "Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, 343 studios, naughty dawg (well what's left of it :smugbiden:) etc" PC is more freelance if you will. Eventually computers will be in everything so gaming will go wherever the tech takes us moving forward. AR/VR most likely but polished unlike everything we've seen so far. Matrix type shyt :francis:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
my thing is it's redundant hardware for the sake of exclusivity. how many computers do I need in my house? especially when they're very similar, and the only difference is certain software is licensed to only work on a certain brand of hardware

at some point it's like I don't know what yall are fighting for. do you get some satisfaction buying a bunch of devices that do the same thing? I'm sure @winb83 probably got 3 cell phones in his pocket, but does it really need to be like that?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
At this time, for the next very long while, you'll not be able to beat the convenience of Console gaming, especially with several new generations of kids.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Don't forget that a large portion of these "sales" are fake stat numbers as they are bundled in with mobile phone providers when you buy a new phone contract.

The phone industry is essentially buying the PS4s to entice customers.

The video game sales are in part largely beefed up by shovelware and cheap arcade titles so that isn't the same as forking out £50 for a video game vs £2-£10.

When the PS2 was so those were physical direct sales from the manufacturer to the consumer.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Don't forget that a large portion of these "sales" are fake stat numbers as they are bundled in with mobile phone providers when you buy a new phone contract.

The phone industry is essentially buying the PS4s to entice customers.

The video game sales are in part largely beefed up by shovelware and cheap arcade titles so that isn't the same as forking out £50 for a video game vs £2-£10.

When the PS2 was so those were physical direct sales from the manufacturer to the consumer.
:mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Some people really thought smartphone and tablet gaming were really going to take over:mjlol:

Newzoo%20games%20market%20segments.png

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:patrice: yes and no

The concept of gaming has been hijacked by nerds. Nerds didn't play pacman or even super Mario bros. They did once they got aNintendo but the real nerds would play games that appeal to them. And with no internet, a computer was just a nerds luxury. More powerful they had a bunch of cool looking stuff but when you played it You knew it was a nerd interpretation of a game.

Over the years, evolution had skinny jeans and nerds fused, and that's how It'syoung was born.

Nobody ever called a Nintendo a computer, not even now. But we try to view the Xbox and ps4 as gaming PC's. The Xbox one X being more powerful than most gaming PC's has who upset when you say that? NERDS :francis:

They will eventually stop calling consoles consoles because nerds want to be respected, all gaming will be cloud based and the nerds will push the narrative that the cloud is a PC so you're a nerdy PC gamer like people who play Dota.

They've already convinced themselves that since consoles have "tech" in it that technically it's a computer :mjlol: like if the NES had non computer parts in it? :rolleyes:

i notice the past 2 weeks youve been either intentionally misspelling my name or not @ ing me when discussing me

if you scared just say you scared , we already think you are a lowly man so we cant think any lower of you already

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
How dafuq has the Switch proven that when the PS4 has incredible sales? :gucci:

Because everything about it was supposed to fail. It was a goofy console, it had no real titles (outside of Zelda), it wasn't anywhere near as powerful, it was gimmicky, and Nintendo had flubbed their last console so hard they basically threw it in the bushes. And yet...here it is already doing better than Microsoft's consoles and firmly planting its foot in the industry as a console/hand-held hybrid which is something Sony has been trying to figure out for the past decade. Once the new Pokemon drops for it, its a wrap on M$.

Also consider Sony had a 4 year head start on the Switch and came out of the gate swinging and buried Microsoft. They basically had console monopoly this gen since day 1.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Cats have no idea what the hell is going on in the industry. Everytime a 55 year old picks up a phone and plays fukking Bejeweled that's a game. Not to mention Android made cellphones democratic as fukk. Damn near everyone in a first world country or emerging economy has a cellphone capable of gaming. The same is not true for consoles and handhelds.

In fact, it was INCUMBENT on Nintendo to look past the DS and come out with the Switch because if any market is going to be swallowed up by Mobile games its the handhelds.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Cats have no idea what the hell is going on in the industry. Everytime a 55 year old picks up a phone and plays fukking Bejeweled that's a game. Not to mention Android made cellphones democratic as fukk. Damn near everyone in a first world country or emerging economy has a cellphone capable of gaming. The same is not true for consoles and handhelds.

In fact, it was INCUMBENT on Nintendo to look past the DS and come out with the Switch because if any market is going to be swallowed up by Mobile games its the handhelds.

they saying by 2020, mobile gaming will reach 50 billion yearly revenue

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The bejeweled market and the switch market are two very different markets.

The fact that grandmas are playing a couple games on their phones does not diminish the console market.