Who SHOULD be the "pillars" of AEW??? Poll Added..

Who Should be the 'Pillars' of AEW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Who are you referring to? Even Darby or Sammy had a lot of ring time under they belt before AEW.. AEW's only three years old. This is still a time where they are setting the stage for the future

My interpretation of what a pillar of AEW is based on MJF's promo that introduced the concept is 4 young guys who were around when AEW first started and weren't widely known prior to AEW. Even if they wrestled on the indies or whatever, they werent on a major platform before AEW and that's how they became known to a widespread audience. With that in mind that eliminates half of the people on the poll. Based on that, somebody like Swerve wouldn't be considered a young pillar because 1. we knew him from WWE already and 2. he's in his 30s :troll:. But that's not a knock to him because like I said, if I was running a major company out of that list I'd pick Jade, Swerve, Starks and probably Hook to build around.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
nah there's only a few options breh.. most the women can :camby:
Britt/Jade/Shida/Nyla
or
Britt/Jade/Tay/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Shida/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Statlander/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Rosa/Shida
or
Britt/Jade/Nyla/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Shida/Tay

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Britt/Jade/Shida/Nyla
or
Britt/Jade/Tay/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Shida/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Statlander/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Rosa/Shida
or
Britt/Jade/Nyla/Rosa
or
Britt/Jade/Shida/Tay

honestly.. i don't believe you can build a company around any of them except Jade. Thunder Rosa would be my second choice and then probably Dr. Britt. i believe Tay and Anna Jay and those types have potential but to actually put them in say a main event level match.. i don't see it.

A pillar has to be able to sell a PPV and push merch or have highly rated segments

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Womens Division: Jade. Don't even need a reason here. She got the most star quality of anyone on the roster period (I clicked the wrong thing and voted Ricky Starks corny ass tho :mjlol:)

Tag Division: The Acclaimed. They got the crowd behind their characters already. They just need Bowens to get healthy and start rolling in the ring.

Singles Division: MJF and Wardlow. That's a rivalry you can build the next 5 years around.

my next 18 months would be built around these 4, putting the top gold on them, and having them featured in main event level feuds. as far as I know they are all AEW made too but I could be wrong there.

Jungle Boy, Darby, Sammy and a lot of the girls are all B level talents in A level positions because AEW just had that void

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
honestly.. i don't believe you can build a company around any of them except Jade. Thunder Rosa would be my second choice and then probably Dr. Britt. i believe Tay and Anna Jay and those types have potential but to actually put them in say a main event level match.. i don't see it.

A pillar has to be able to sell a PPV and push merch or have highly rated segments
Potential is all the whole pillar thing was about. At the time they handed the designation out to Darby/MJF/Jungle Boy/Sammy none of them had done a damn thing of note or had any history of selling PPVs, pushing merchandise or even having highly rated TV segments.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
More like a year and a half… and Khan gonna keep building him up for that remaining time only for him to bounce to WWE? :mjlol:
So you are expecting MJF to be sent to Dark: Elevation for a year and a half out of fear he'll sign with WWE?
You do realize how dumb that sounds, right?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
So you are expecting MJF to be sent to Dark: Elevation for a year and a half out of fear he'll sign with WWE?
You do realize how dumb that sounds, right?

He's a founding member of the Stooge World Order. He's going to be the #1 fan of any wrestler who jumps from AEW to WWE. Right now he is stanning Cody Rhodes extensively.