Who SHOULD be the "pillars" of AEW??? Poll Added..

Who Should be the 'Pillars' of AEW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Don't get me wrong, I like Anna Jay, but sadly I don't see her ever amounting to much as a wrestler. I guess I could see her eventually being a weak TBS champion, I suppose.
Should just make Anna a valet at this point.

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get me wrong, I like Anna Jay, but sadly I don't see her ever amounting to much as a wrestler. I guess I could see her eventually being a weak TBS champion, I suppose.

her promo skills need some work still but she's gotten nicer in the ring than when she first started with aew..

I would put 10/Silver in there (didn't know silver's younger than swerve :huhldup:) but i don't know enough about them since aew doesn't really showcase them like that on dynamite/rampage.. hell anna jay was in that same boat as them until she joined the JAS and started being featured more..

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stinky swerve is in tune with what culture¿*
"stinky swerve" :russ:..

but nah for ofay-e.w.'s standards he's the one bruh there that's most in tune with hip hop culture from what we've been shown, and he's also a really good heel that is over with the crowd.. the thing he did with kevin gates was cool, i mean he did it like 7 years too late :mjlol: , but still pretty cool for aew's standards:yeshrug:..

the only dude in wrestling i can think of that's really in tune with the culture off top is montez (maybe trick and melo too), but montez is already in wwe, and he's gonna be there for a long time..

i gotta hunch that private party and hobbs are also in tune off camera.. but on-camera hobbs is presented more as a monster heel than a "cool heel" like swerve is, and private party are barely on tv and kinda got a goofy gimmick and ring gear..

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

but nah for ofay-e.w.'s standards he's the one bruh there that's most in tune with hip hop culture from what we've been shown, and he's also a really good heel that is over with the crowd.. the thing he did with kevin gates was cool, i mean he did it like 7 years too late :mjlol: , but still pretty cool for aew's standards:yeshrug:..

the only dude in wrestling i can think of that's really in tune with the culture off top is montez (maybe trick and melo too), but montez is already in wwe, and he's gonna be there for a long time..

i gotta hunch that private party and hobbs are also in tune off camera.. but on-camera hobbs is presented more as a monster heel than a "cool heel" like swerve is, and private party are barely on tv and kinda got a goofy gimmick and ring gear..
Man I thought Private Party was going to be something. The Young BUcks even put them over in the first round of the tag team tournament to determine the first tag champs.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///

private party is a direct line to the most influential demographic in pop culture

they should be getting the push & cross promo with all the personalities

wrestling is perpetually confused as to how to connect with black folk

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
At the time the whole Four Pillars thing came about, The Acclaimed still wasn't much. But if I had to do my personal Four Pillars from the current day?

In order:
MJF
Swerve
The Acclaimed
Jade Cargill/Jamie Hayter

I couldn't pick between Cargill and Hayter so just put them both, though admittedly JAde is further along on that path than Jamie since TK refuses to roll with the Hayter momentum.

Ricky Starks would be my first honorable mention on the men's side while Kris Statlander would be my first honorable mention on the women's side.
This is pretty much my list except swapping Britt Baker for Hayter.

Last edited:

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I thought Private Party was going to be something. The Young BUcks even put them over in the first round of the tag team tournament to determine the first tag champs.

Its their presentation.. party gimmicks dont go far in wrestling, and that dude marq quen dresses the way rza did when tommy boy dropped him before wu-tang.. they gotta take it up a level the way the acclaimed did these past few months..

private party is a direct line to the most influential demographic in pop culture

they should be getting the push & cross promo with all the personalities

wrestling is perpetually confused as to how to connect with black folk

Idk too much about them because they're barely on tv, but i see where you're coming from and have no reason to disagree with you on that :yeshrug: .. that being said from what I know private party still gotta way to go to be "pillars", and they may be more in tune with the culture, but swerve is still more over with the crowd as it is..

you damn sure ain't lying about connecting with black folk though.. aew had lil uzi vert, an actual relevant hot artist at their show in new york, but instead of putting uzi on tv they put fukkin dj whoo kid and action bronson on there :snoop:..

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Its their presentation.. party gimmicks dont go far in wrestling, and that dude marq quen dresses the way rza did when tommy boy dropped him before wu-tang.. they gotta take it up a level the way the acclaimed did these past few months..

Idk too much about them because they're barely on tv, but i see where you're coming from and have no reason to disagree with you on that :yeshrug: .. that being said from what I know private party still gotta way to go to be "pillars", and they may be more in tune with the culture, but swerve is still more over with the crowd as it is..

you damn sure ain't lying about connecting with black folk though.. aew had lil uzi vert, an actual relevant hot artist at their show in new york, but instead of putting uzi on tv they put fukkin dj whoo kid and action bronson on there :snoop:..
aew is highlighting what their majority white male audience likes about the culture

they are not in the loop at all

marq quen wrestling in americas.cups isaiah got on the uptXwns

just off that that's the most culturally resonant shyte to ever happen in a wrestling ring ha

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
For the future, I'm finding it real hard to top Nyla. Jade got it, too.

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aew is highlighting what their majority white male audience likes about the culture

they are not in the loop at all

marq quen wrestling in americas.cups isaiah got on the uptXwns

just off that that's the most culturally resonant shyte to ever happen in a wrestling ring ha

i never noticed marq quen wrestling in pradas but that's rent money right there, he's crazy for that! :russ:..

but nah aew knows where their bread is buttered.. their audience could care less about trina or jermaine dupri, but they love to see a grown azz man walk around pretending to be a dinosaur making godzilla noises and shyt, and they move accordingly :yeshrug: ..

as for being in the loop, wwe actually had wiz perform on raw back at his peak in 2015 when they went to pittsburgh, but of course even in his home town the cac audience gave him the cdq treatment and hated on him (to be fair though, he performed we dem boyz instead of see you again like he should've :snoop:), and I don't think they attempted doing something similar since (bad bunny performed at the thunderdome):

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
i never noticed marq quen wrestling in pradas but that's rent money right there, he's crazy for that! :russ:..

but nah aew knows where their bread is buttered.. their audience could care less about trina or jermaine dupri, but they love to see a grown azz man walk around pretending to be a dinosaur making godzilla noises and shyt, and they move accordingly :yeshrug: ..

as for being in the loop, wwe actually had wiz perform on raw back at his peak in 2015 when they went to pittsburgh, but of course even in his home town the cac audience gave him the cdq treatment and hated on him (to be fair though, he performed we dem boyz instead of see you again like he should've :snoop:), and I don't think they attempted doing something similar since (bad bunny performed at the thunderdome):

more than shoehorning in rappers & personalities

the integration of culture into the product as far as gimmicks & narratives

even when they get greats like say booker.t they don't fully understand how to build that resonance

they clearly have little or no creatives from the culture

they continue to be out the loop