Who needs games: PlayStation 4's first year

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
LOL.
What is a REAL AAA exclusive title??

Infamous Second Son and the standalone Infamous First Light game, MLB The Show, Knack, Killzone, Driveclub and The Last of Us Remastered aren't AAA games??

:dead:

Killzone ain't a AAA title and many gamers think it is a Halo Ripoff. MLB games are good, but ain't THE generation defying shyt. Making graphically remastered games is a trend that both Sony and MS (and even Nintendo, to a lesser extent), need to stop for their next-gen consoles.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'd love to argue that LBP was generation defining.

Project had a spark when it first started tried to ride off that play, create and share philosophy LBP sparked.
The insane amount of levels found online and the high sales and high scores is pretty damn good. I'd argue that sackboy is up there as a mascot for Sony.
Who doesn't recognize this character??

It's associated with Sony. It's not as big as say Mario or Sonic but it's getting there.

Non-Sony gamers think that it is something with Sony, and that is it.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Killzone ain't a AAA title and many gamers think it is a Halo Ripoff. MLB games are good, but ain't THE generation defying shyt. Making graphically remastered games is a trend that both Sony and MS (and even Nintendo, to a lesser extent), need to stop for their next-gen consoles.
so by ur standards MS Nintendo nor Sony has a AAA title. because i have yet to see a generation defying title :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:???

1. In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.

The dev even said the development costs for PS4 games have quadrupled.
"It’s also a lot more demanding, because the production effort needed just to make a next-gen title now is not doubled; It’s quadrupled. That’s because everything needs to look that much better. It takes a lot more people, and that takes a lot more communication. So it does it make things a lot more easier from a technical standpoint, but from a professional standpoint it makes things a lot harder."

:what: the hell you talking about??

Generation defying shyt? So far nothing has come out on both consoles that can earn the title of generation defining. I'd say Wii U by now has some great games but then you got cats saying Wii U don't count so :dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Non-Sony gamers think that it is something with Sony, and that is it.
Breh :comeon:.

I don't know someone with a PS3/PS4 that don't know what LBP is. LBP series has sold 8.5+ already and that's between LBP1/2 and the PSP game(not counting the Vita game).

LBP is far from a cult following. Other big games like Mass Effect merely sold 10 million so far across three games on three platforms so that says a lot about this whole "niche" argument. A niche can be big or small. LBP isn't some kids game catered towards them. Grown men are creating levels and playing it. shyt, i'm 25 and can't wait to play that game. People need to stop trying to box in games with fancy words to make a point. LBP is accessible to gamers young and old alike as is COD is accessible to gamers young and old alike.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
:what:???

The dev even said the development costs for PS4 games have quadrupled.
"It’s also a lot more demanding, because the production effort needed just to make a next-gen title now is not doubled; It’s quadrupled. That’s because everything needs to look that much better. It takes a lot more people, and that takes a lot more communication. So it does it make things a lot more easier from a technical standpoint, but from a professional standpoint it makes things a lot harder."

:what: the hell you talking about??

Generation defying shyt? So far nothing has come out on both consoles that can earn the title of generation defining. I'd say Wii U by now has some great games but then you got cats saying Wii U don't count so :dead:

The only graphical remake that Nintendo made was Zelda: Wind Waker. I'm talking about new games made for this gen's hardware.

The fact that the PS4 development costs are killing most developers, is why independent games are skyrocketing. It has come to the point where the costs are matching movies and killing creativity. It isn't sustainable on that and it sucks that Holiday 2014 that the PS4 doesn't have the likes of a titles of even Uncharted 4.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only graphical remake that Nintendo made was Zelda: Wind Waker. I'm talking about new games made for this gen's hardware.

The fact that the PS4 development costs are killing most developers, is why independent games are skyrocketing. It has come to the point where the costs are matching movies and killing creativity. It isn't sustainable on that and it sucks that Holiday 2014 that the PS4 doesn't have the likes of a titles of even Uncharted 4.
Nooo..
Nintendo has remade A BOATLOAD of games and published a bunch of them before. If we're talking this generation okay but let's not pretend remakes aren't common.

Pages in category "Remakes"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.

A
B
C
D
E
F
F cont.
G
H
I
K
L
M
N
P
P cont.
R
S
T
U
W
Y

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox has better exclusives this holiday. What is so wrong with admitting that?
Because it's subjective. You can't objectively say something is better than another thing when the rationale behind is an opinion.

It's like some of y'all want to say people are wrong if they don't feel this way.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:

First time I've ever heard someone say that Killzone is a Halo ripoff