Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Hogan killing wcw is straight internet mark talk. Dirt sheets cried about him for 20 years playing politics and then every champ after him did the same exact thing if not worse and didnt say a thing about it.

Wcw was only a player because of hogan. Period. No hogan, no nwo, no nitro, no rodman, no big time appearances on leno and with malone. Etc None of that happens without hulk coming in.

Wcw died because wrestlers need a strong leader who makes decisions. When you have a revolving door of leaders, you just bide your time until the next one comes in. Only the owner (turner) himself coulr have gotten that place in line.

Hulk built and destroyed.

The business of wrestling survives by a character being built up and then creating new stars while on top. Andre put Hulk over and after that Hogan stayed on top and most of the time weasled his way out of doing business properly. He put over Warrior only because he was getting stale and wanted to go make movies, but then made WCW sign warrior just so the petty bytch could get his win back(and cost wcw more money).

Fact is, not putting Sting over clean was a big reason why WCW never survived.

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps
Im not saying they did wverything perfect but its a little ridiculous to boame wcw failing on an angle. Its cheap. Wcw failed for reasons that have nothing to do with booking and everything to do with corporate chain of command. Wcw guys pretended to get hurt and sit. They took advantage and the company had enough. Thats it. Wrestlers need a strong leader. Not a revolving door of guys in charge and committees.

Blaming russo, or bischoff, or hogan, thats all meltzer spazz shyt. Wcw needed a guy like pat paterson who could give an ending other than “dusty finish”.
Nope all three deserve all the blame
Just like people blame Vince McMahon for ruining his product over the years

All three were also responsible for almost killing TNA couple years ago the same way as well

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Hulk built and destroyed.

The business of wrestling survives by a character being built up and then creating new stars while on top. Andre put Hulk over and after that Hogan stayed on top and most of the time weasled his way out of doing business properly. He put over Warrior only because he was getting stale and wanted to go make movies, but then made WCW sign warrior just so the petty bytch could get his win back(and cost wcw more money).

Fact is, not putting Sting over clean was a big reason why WCW never survived.
Like i said, MARK spazz talk

And people have come out and said why sting didnt get the belt

He was hiding a major drug problem, had just gotten into some shyt in his marriage, had been in a leather jacket for a year and when he took it off he was 50lbs skinnier and pale.

To spin it as some hogan call when multi people from bischoff to nash (who at the time HATED hogan) had said the same. It took decades for them to say it.

And i dont know WHAT your talking about

Hogan lost CLEAN to goldberg, piper, lex, sting, ddp, vampiro, mike awesome, He jobbed to jaque rougeu in his hometown lol. He lost just as many matches as he won in wcw look it up.

Everything you said is all wrestler mark spazz talk “he brought in warrior for the win”. He brought in warrior because it meany a bigger payday percentage for himself and warrior was the goldberg of the 80s.

Everything you said is straight conjecture.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Like i said, MARK spazz talk

And people have come out and said why sting didnt get the belt

He was hiding a major drug problem, had just gotten into some shyt in his marriage, had been in a leather jacket for a year and when he took it off he was 50lbs skinnier and pale.

To spin it as some hogan call when multi people from bischoff to nash (who at the time HATED hogan) had said the same. It took decades for them to say it.

And i dont know WHAT your talking about

Hogan lost CLEAN to goldberg, piper, lex, sting, ddp, vampiro, mike awesome, He jobbed to jaque rougeu in his hometown lol. He lost just as many matches as he won in wcw look it up.

Everything you said is all wrestler mark spazz talk “he brought in warrior for the win”. He brought in warrior because it meany a bigger payday percentage for himself and warrior was the goldberg of the 80s.

Everything you said is straight conjecture.
Man if somebody don’t get Eric ass off this site :what:

Daps
Man if somebody don’t get Eric ass off this site :what:

Man…I was about to say.

He beat Lex’s ass that entire fight, then got the belt back 5 days later.

He lost to Piper in a non-title fight.

Losing to the hottest thing in wrestling doesn’t mean much when it was inevitable.

He beat sting’s ass the entire match. And then Sting did fine when they finally gave him the belt.

And lol at dude trying to act like 90s Warrior wasn’t terrible. That Halloween havoc match was insanely bad.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Man…I was about to say.

Losing to the hottest thing in wrestling doesn’t mean much when it was inevitable.

He beat sting’s ass the entire match. And then Sting did fine when they finally gave him the belt.

And lol at dude trying to act like 90s Warrior wasn’t terrible. That Halloween havoc match was insanely bad.
Not to mention taking the belt from Macho just one day after he won it……TWICE :smh:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
As someone who stopped watching any kinda wrestling 15-20 years ago, and only jumped back in to watching a little WWE 3 months ago, I'm enjoying this doc.

I'm sure these are all conversations you guys have been having for years, and I'm going through the thread picking up pieces of information, but this is literally the first wrestling documentary I've watched.

I only started because of a clip I saw on Twitter of Goldberg doing Bret dirty with a kick and I thought "what the hell, let me reminisce" since it was such a big part of my childhood and I wanted to see all those guys again.

Does anybody have any recommendations for podcasts (closed ended ones that tell a story of an era and stop, not ongoing podcasts) that talk about either the Attitude Era, or even this WCW era? Preferably done by outsiders or "journalists" and not done by people involved or too close. I want a more "historical" look back and nothing too one-sided.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Man…I was about to say.

Nor to mention Goldberg was pretty much champion in name only, he was getting the 2012 Punk treatment and not even main eventing PPVS. shyt he wasn't even booked on a couple of them :heh: it was still the Hogan show and Goldberg was just keeping the belt warm

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
As someone who stopped watching any kinda wrestling 15-20 years ago, and only jumped back in to watching a little WWE 3 months ago, I'm enjoying this doc.

I'm sure these are all conversations you guys have been having for years, and I'm going through the thread picking up pieces of information, but this is literally the first wrestling documentary I've watched.

I only started because of a clip I saw on Twitter of Goldberg doing Bret dirty with a kick and I thought "what the hell, let me reminisce" since it was such a big part of my childhood and I wanted to see all those guys again.

Does anybody have any recommendations for podcasts (closed ended ones that tell a story of an era and stop, not ongoing podcasts) that talk about either the Attitude Era, or even this WCW era? Preferably done by outsiders or "journalists" and not done by people involved or too close. I want a more "historical" look back and nothing too one-sided.
Closest things I can think of are The Lapsed Fan and Between the Sheets. TLF covers events after doing extensive research. They split it up into the context of the show/event and then they cover the show. TLF has some cringe humor but the actual informative content is flawless. They cover pretty much every werestling event of any significance. The episodes can be LONG and multiple parts. I usually listen at 1.5 speed

Between the Sheets is an interesting concept where they take a week in wrestling and go through some of the events and different behind the scenes shyt. I think they use the observer if I recall. I haven't listened to this in a long time. David Bixenspan is one of the hosts and he's pretty insufferable but has pretty decent knowledge on historical events.

Disclaimer: all cac hosts.