Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The reported story is Vince was going to turn Raw into the WCW show but TNN didn't want that. Then it was a possibility of turning Smackdown into a WCW show but UPN didn't want that. Then they floated a Saturday show as a WCW show but that was also rejected at which point they decided to just do the invasion angle instead of running WCW as a separate company.
Yup, precisely why they did that "takeover" hour in Tacoma, basically a test drive for WCW. But it was a disaster that the crowd shat all over and showed just how poorly thought out it was. Why would they do the WCW hour in Tacoma when they could've waited a week when they were in fukking ATLANTA?????

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I know that and it's all true but even with the talent the thing was in the toilet lol

The damage had already been done. The fans were tired of NWO shyt & all the old guys and like they said when Vince bought it guys like Sting, Lex, etc didn't want to work for him. So it's like still the same issue regardless if it's Vince or anybody else...what exactly are you getting buy the thing

Goldberg said he was thinking they'd run both brands. I believe that was Vince's plan until he saw the buyouts for Hogan, Flair etc. The company wasn't even worth the contracts the top guys had. The boys knew it & Bischoff knew it which is why their contracts were on the Turner side and everyone else was under the company they actually work for
The "signed with Turner and not WCW" thing actually is a misnomer - everybody's deals were with Turner because WCW was just a division of Turner. They never operated like a traditional wrestling company for this precise reason. When WWF bought WCW, they didn't actually buy the company - they bought the tape library, licenses, and whatever contracts they could negotiate to buy out from the boys. But WCW as a company actually still existed under Turner and that's how Hogan, etc. were still getting paid. Like Booker T said, he could've sat out the remainder of his WCW contract and still gotten those Turner checks but instead he agreed to a 50% buyout and a WWF deal.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I watched all four episodes. It's hilarious after all these years all of them still try to blame somebody else instead of accepting at least some of responsibility.

From bookers, writers to TNT's corporate people. It's hilarious and shows you why exactly their product failed.

WCW sucked in majority of its existence. From jim herd to russo and bischoff shytshow.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I watched all four episodes. It's hilarious after all these years all of them still try to blame somebody else instead of accepting at least some of responsibility.

From bookers, writers to TNT's corporate people. It's hilarious and shows you why exactly their product failed.

WCW sucked in majority of its existence. From jim herd to russo and bischoff shytshow.
And what’s amazing is people still want to listen to these fukking dumbasses on weekly podcasts.

Daps
Re-watched the Hogan-Sting matches again. It took them 3 tries and 2 months to put the belt on Sting. And Hogan still completely dominated the first 5-7 minutes of that match. Sting had 0 offense.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re-watched the Hogan-Sting matches again. It took them 3 tries and 2 months to put the belt on Sting. And Hogan still completely dominated the first 5-7 minutes of that match. Sting had 0 offense.

It made no sense and then he finally had that 10 minute bs match with bret on nitro and brets selling the whole time laying on the mat as hogan dominates again

:mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
trash just like that Nitro book.

Eric Bischoff is a charlatan and if you believe his lies, I feel sorry for you

drifter

Superstar
Daps
i hate this loser, but if we're counting

how many times did eric bischoff lie?

whole thing was a corny bischoff suckfest
Word is Bischoff recruited people for it so if he's playing casting director for Dwayne then there's your answer

I don't think it was that great but worth watching just to see/hear from people you would've never. Siegel, that Stu guy that helped WWF close the deal, Madusa, the office woman, Neil Pruitt, Turner business employees, etc and the exclusive footage throughout was great

Beyond that there was too many lies or "it's been so long I only have moments", ego, & bros going around to be good source material. But I don't think they were going for that anyway so hey

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word is Bischoff recruited people for it so if he's playing casting director for Dwayne then there's your answer

I don't think it was that great but worth watching just to see/hear from people you would've never. Siegel, that Stu guy that helped WWF close the deal, Madusa, the office woman, Neil Pruitt, Turner business employees, etc and the exclusive footage throughout was great

Beyond that there was too many lies or "it's been so long I only have moments", ego, & bros going around to be good source material. But they weren't going for that so hey
yeah. I already said at the end of the day the reason why WCW failed to maintain success against WWF, regardless of any network, any executives, any anything was

Hoegan failure to let go of the top spot, Eric is the #1 complicit person in it because he yes manned his ass till they left, but if Hoegan wasn't doing Hoegan bullshyt things would have played out far different at the very least.

no one at TNT made the ratings drop, that was their own doing. no one at TNT made them go from profitable to a money sink, that was their own doing.