All Star
Daps
Aldis Hodge is my nikka :myman:
BLACKPANTHERpaint-TChalla.jpg

Voodoo Tatum :wow:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
For the people sayin Jennifer Lawrence is a star what movie has made money off her name? She attached herself to X-Men which was going to blow despite her. And hunger games is another teen bait production by the machine. American hustle? How did that do? Serena? Who saw it? She ain't a star they just hype her up as one. Once hunger is done I can see the powers pulling the rug with everyone saying what happened to jlaw when the truth is her stardom was just a product of executives mirage

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
For the people sayin Jennifer Lawrence is a star what movie has made money off her name? She attached herself to X-Men which was going to blow despite her. And hunger games is another teen bait production by the machine. American hustle? How did that do? Serena? Who saw it? She ain't a star they just hype her up as one. Once hunger is done I can see the powers pulling the rug with everyone saying what happened to jlaw when the truth is her stardom was just a product of executives mirage
she dont have star quality man ..seem she have the machine powering her

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jennifer Lawrence is now an A-list superstar and Leo is still one as well, but he doesn't do blockbusters anymore. On the come up is Oscar Isaac and if this "Get Hard" film makes money, you can count Kevin Hart as A List as well since his movies make so much bank.

Will Ferrell used to be A List but he lost steam

Lawrence is a star breh..and its not hollywood creating new stars, it's us. It's hard to create stars now when usually the only movies to make huge bank are the ones that take a huge bank to finance. Movies, much like music, is operating on a different level now than it was 20 or 30 years ago. The term "star" always needs to be adjusted for the time its in due to context and there's just too much competition and too many ways to access people to truly be as a big of a star as Tom Cruise was back in the day. When we have something called "YouTube stars" doesn't that sort of speak to the world we're in right now?
Very true and we see the dilution, especially in this second phase of reality tv era. I think Oscar Issac is a great character film guy but I hope this move does well, I actually think we don't have one huge Latino movie star right now. Kevin Hart, I have him in already because he makes money, which is what this is really about. Has reality tv hurt star power yes? But as long as the top is reserved for legit movie stars, we could still produce new ones.

i'm so sick of hart.. has anyone ever been THIS overxposed in all aspects?

from social media to movies to commercials to half time shows etc

i laughed out loud when NPH said he'd been in 256 movies this year at the oscars

women seem to like him though
Money money money.
Breh, besides Tom Cruise and Kevin Hart who does that anymore?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Very true and we see the dilution, especially in this second phase of reality tv era. I think Oscar Issac is a great character film guy but I hope this move does well, I actually think we don't have one huge Latino movie star right now. Kevin Hart, I have him in already because he makes money, which is what this is really about. Has reality tv hurt star power yes? But as long as the top is reserved for legit movie stars, we could still produce new ones.

Money money money.

Breh, besides Tom Cruise and Kevin Hart who does that anymore?
sell a flick off their name? Sandra bullock, Russell Crowe, George Clooney to name a few, whether it does numbers is a toss up but they are stars nonetheless

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sell a flick off their name? Sandra bullock, Russell Crowe, George Clooney to name a few, whether it does numbers is a toss up but they are stars nonetheless
Man I feel Russell has been done for a bit. He doesn't work like that anymoe. Sandra and George i'll give you. Sandra took julia roberts spot

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Man I feel Russell has been done for a bit. He doesn't work like that anymoe. Sandra and George i'll give you. Sandra took julia roberts spot
Noah was sold off his name and I think it did well internationally, the thing with Crowe is he's never been Mr consistent but he can be counted on once in a while. As for your last comment I think you sell bullock short. Julia was America's darling and rested on her laurels whearas bullock has always danced to the beat of her own drum flying under the radar and striking gold repeatedly

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i think (well, know amongst my friends) that jlaw is who drove them to see "silver linings", bradley cooper was not their reason for seeing it. i also think she's a reason people checked american hustle, but that was a cast of big names so i can't credit her too much. she's a star, yea she's been given every push in hollywood and premature awards, but she's a star, how long her star shines tho is TBD, i can see her flaming in out 3-5 years.

edit: wow, never heard of serena, it's her a bradley coooper again? then her currently filming project is also with him? are people really into seeing the same 'romantic' duo in 4-5 movies together?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i think (well, know amongst my friends) that jlaw is who drove them to see "silver linings", bradley cooper was not their reason for seeing it. i also think she's a reason people checked american hustle, but that was a cast of big names so i can't credit her too much. she's a star, yea she's been given every push in hollywood and premature awards, but she's a star, how long her star shines tho is TBD, i can see her flaming in out 3-5 years.

edit: wow, never heard of serena, it's her a bradley coooper again? then her currently filming project is also with him? are people really into seeing the same 'romantic' duo in 4-5 movies together?
nah it's just more engineering, with the unexpected success of silver linings, her hype and cooper's momentum someone must think they are money. Maybe the plan is that she can get the rub off of Cooper's solo success. I just hate that a legend like deniro feels the need whore himself and attach his name to their flicks as well.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Noah was sold off his name and I think it did well internationally, the thing with Crowe is he's never been Mr consistent but he can be counted on once in a while. As for your last comment I think you sell bullock short. Julia was America's darling and rested on her laurels whearas bullock has always danced to the beat of her own drum flying under the radar and striking gold repeatedly
Sandra could open a movie but she was more slapstick comedy and some drama, compared to Roberts who was mostly drama, imo. Julia was more oscar baity and Sandra was more blockbuster, if that makes sense. So I agree with you, it seems Julia disappeared from the scene since the mid 2000's. I'm surprised Noah did well, I thought the audience wouldn't like it.One guy that can't open a movie now? Eddie Murphy.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Sandra could open a movie but she was more slapstick comedy and some drama, compared to Roberts who was mostly drama, imo. Julia was more oscar baity and Sandra was more blockbuster, if that makes sense. So I agree with you, it seems Julia disappeared from the scene since the mid 2000's. I'm surprised Noah did well, I thought the audience wouldn't like it.One guy that can't open a movie now? Eddie Murphy.
yeh dude had a golden opportunity after dreamgirls to reinvent himself and he squandered it