Who Is The New Denzel? Hollywood Struggles To Launch Next Black Stars

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Stop trying to make Michael B Jordan happen, he aint happening. Y'all gonna learn this the hard way when he ruins that Black Panther movie completely.

Don't say I didn't try to warn y'all :shaq2:
You gonna have to explain this. MBJ is a star, if not only because he’s been luckily cast into great/successful movies (and a large swath of women love him). Now if we’re discussing his skill, then yea, he’s not great.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Only heard of Winston

List seems forced
Thought it was just me, I know I’m not tied into the acting scene at all but absolutely none of those names rang a bell outside of Winston and Letitia and even then, are they really getting play, have they landed stuff outside of BP?

Edit: I forgot she did have a black mirror episode, one of the best episodes actually

Daps
There’s a lot of brothas & sistas getting work in Hollywood in meaningful roles which is crazy

If I had to give a guess though I’m going with Damson Idris. The kid is a talented actor and I think he can walk that fine line of Black & White America. He just has to find his way into some big roles.

I think for the women Tessa Thompson is one big one away

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Thought it was just me, I know I’m not tied into the acting scene at all but absolutely none of those names rang a bell outside of Winston and Letitia and even then, are they really getting play, have they landed stuff outside of BP?

Edit: I forgot she did have a black mirror episode, one of the best episodes actually
white Hollywood throwing us a bone

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
luke-cage-clip-700x300.jpg

he about to be the next morgon freeman, i bet money.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yahya is dope, best part of the Get Down.