Who Is The Greatest NBA Shooter Of All Time?

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Bird and Miller.. then everyone else for now.. Bird is the best shooter to me because he did it all the time.. Practice,Regular Season,Playoffs,Finals.. he was clutch and never hesitated.. He talked shyt and could back it all up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember as a kid, my earliest basketball memories go back to '90-'91.....That muthafukka Mark Price seemed to never miss.

I was living in LA at the time and everybody in my family loved the Lakers.I remember damn near being in tears when they lost a playoff series to those lame ass, pre-Barkley Suns in I think '91 or '92.

Again, Jeff Hornacek:sadcam:....Everyone of his J's was like a diuretic, no missing, just pissing on the Lakers.

And when the Bulls beat the Lakers to win their first title, that stone cold white boy John Paxson:damn:....Another muthafukka that couldn't miss against the Lakers.

That's just other than the obvious choices..Ray Allen, Steph Curry, Reggie, and Steve Nash.

One of my all time favorite shooters was Rex Chapman.He wasn't a "pure" shooter, but he was streaky, and had the quickest release I've ever seen.Hit a bunch of crazy oddball shots in his career

Abdul Rauf when he got hot:ohmy:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Don't know how I left out Glenn Rice:wtf:

What about Chris Mullin? He didn't have the most dynamic J, but he could consistently hit that mid range.
I think I had him in my initial post. He's got to be considered when you talk about hitting jumpers all over the court and not just from three. Thought he was a damn good shooter from there too.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I wonder if Klay Thompson will ever be on this list. If Allan Houston got an honorable mention 4 years from now Klay should get some too.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I wonder if Klay Thompson will ever be on this list. If Allan Houston got an honorable mention 4 years from now Klay should get some too.
homer616.jpg

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
Klay made more 3's last year than Allan Houston ever did in any season he ever played. Check the stats, Klay made 211 of dem thangs last season playing next to a shooter. The most Houston ever made in a season was 191.
you seeing a trend developing about this list though @Blackthoughts ... how people are comparing from all eras by each player's body of work over time. How the average NBA career is 5+ years, especially for high volume scorer/shooters? I think Kevin Durant has already put in enough work to be on this list...but Steph's 4 years (1 year lower than the average NBA career) don't constitute a large enough body of work to be exalted as the TOP at this point.

He's in the conversation for sure. But he needs more time in the oven, more games. Shooting averages even out over time, injuries, playoff appearances and he'll experience the same trends as every other shooter who lived.

The reason it's different, in sports, than say comparing Biggie albums to other great albums is that we SCORE sports...as you've pointed out in every GSW-biased rebuttal...we go by both personal preference AND standard measurements so that there is a way to compare people. You keep reiterating a DISCRETE NUMBER to prove Steph is the greatest...and a lot of the guys here compared have many of those numbers by which to compare. Larry Legend had 3 3PT Contest wins, no losses...despite not making a certain NUMBER in the regular season, he was ice cold when it mattered. Reggie and Ray have the HIGHEST CAREER TOTALS, not just a single season of hot shooting. Steve Nash, Mark Price, Dirk and KD have accuracy numbers on their side...from all parts of the floor, Chris Mullin too.

Just develop a context outside of your favorite team/players and you'll better grasp why Steph isn't a "hands-down" great yet. He has every chance in the world to be one. He's just not that now. A LOT of players have single-season and single-game records. Sh*t a lot of players even have 3 season runs that are great. That doesn't put them in the all-timers club (see: Arenas, Houston).