Who is the better player? James Harden or Steph Curry?

Curry or Harden

• Total voters

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^Lebron and Durant the other two in the top 3 obviously. Harden's passing game will put him past Melo if he can get a few more rebounds this year and increase his defense ability just a little bit. Harden is much more all round than people give him credit for.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
^^Lebron and Durant the other two in the top 3 obviously. Harden's passing game will put him past Melo if he can get a few more rebounds this year and increase his defense ability just a little bit. Harden is much more all round than people give him credit for.

Rose died?

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
paulie1jd6.jpg

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I can't stand Harden's game.....flat footed, flopping, throwing shyt up there...

He's way better than I thought he was, but I'm glad he's not on my squad...

:comeon:

Your happy a 24 point per average point guard/SG combo gaurd is not on your team? :wtf:

You'd probably hate Lebron on your team as well huh. That being said, thank god you have no control over an actual team! :laugh:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rose died?

Judging by last season, it would seem he did.. :mjpls:

Who knows. Maybe KD will have a worse season. All I know is Harden gonna step it up in a way people don't expect and go to the top. That is the prophecy.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd take Curry. Harden is better at throwing his arms into defenders when he drives and drawing a shytload of fouls that no player should deserve, but he posts average shooting %'s, has no mid-range game, and has average handles which leads to him turning the ball over at a really high clip; even when you consider how often he has the ball in his hands. He does do a damn good job at running the pick and roll and has decent vision( he'll hit the open cutter more often than not), but because of how turnover prone he I'd be reluctant to make him a main facilitator. He's also a better finisher than Steph though easily, and gets to the rim more often than not, and for someone who is somewhat limited in the way's he gets his points,he's pretty crafty when it comes creating space and getting his shots off.

Steph on the other hand is one of the most dynamic scorers in the league, and is incredibly efficient considering he takes almost 8 threes a game( he makes %45 of them bytches too :damn:), can facilitate better than Harden and is less turnover prone,can iso with the best of them, and can spot up and play off the ball way better than Harden. Really the only thing that keeps this argument close to me is Harden's ability to draw fouls, other than that I feel like Curry has Harden beat in most categories.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd take Curry. Harden is better at throwing his arms into defenders when he drives and drawing a shytload of fouls that no player should deserve,

Harden has a lower personal foul season average than Curry.

but he posts average shooting %'s, has no mid-range game, and has average handles which leads to him turning the ball over at a really high clip;

Harden's effective shooting percentage is a little bit higher than average and 4.5% lower than Curry's, but his true shooting is 2.1% higher. Curry is noticeably better but not by much.

Harden is ranked top 3 in points per isolation play. The other top players around his level are Chris Paul and Jeremy Lin. So his dribbling is fine and leads to more isolation points per possession than Curry's. One could argue he's a better dribbler than Curry too since he's more efficient 1v1.

even when you consider how often he has the ball in his hands. He does do a damn good job at running the pick and roll and has decent vision( he'll hit the open cutter more often than not),

Harden has the highest points per possession in the league off the pick-and-roll.

but because of how turnover prone he I'd be reluctant to make him a main facilitator.

Harden has only one more TO (actually .08) on average than Curry. He's not that much more turnover prone than Curry. Offensively he has one of the highest Win Shares Per 48, points scored, 1v1 isolation points per possession, pick and roll game in the league. Curry has shooting percentage and 3 pt shooting percentage leads but isn't much good for anything else.

Steph on the other hand is one of the most dynamic scorers in the league, and is incredibly efficient considering he takes almost 8 threes a game( he makes %45 of them bytches too :damn:), can facilitate better than Harden and is less turnover prone,can iso with the best of them, and can spot up and play off the ball way better than Harden. Really the only thing that keeps this argument close to me is Harden's ability to draw fouls, other than that I feel like Curry has Harden beat in most categories.

The opposite is true. Curry barely leads Harden a little bit in assists and turnovers. He is the better shooter (spot up and off the ball) as well. I think #1 in both, but Harden is basically #1 in two categories too. Moreover he's better at defence and everything else too\; Win Share, Defensive Win Share, and Player Efficiency rating. Harden's number stack up well next to Kobe's.

Last edited:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
harden is the better player. for the salary, curry is far and away the better value

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

#10 beautiful touch pass through traffic on the breakaway

#9 drive and dunk off the pick-and-roll, uses hesitation dribble efficiently and gets to the basketball without much flash. (better than Steph Curry at creating points from this and among the best in the league statistically)

#8 beautiful turnaround between the leg pass for the easy basketball

#7 athletic play. steals the ball and beats hayward to the basketball

#6 showing his off the ball talent, strength and incredible ability to finish anywhere near the basketball. steph curry cant do that.

#5 showing plamaking ability to steal the ball, toss it up from the half court line and finish.

#4 makes his own shot off the dribble at the 3 pt line in isolation against Ibaka (better than Steph Curry at getting points in isolation and among the best in the league statistically)

#3 drive through traffic and finish. shows length, dribble and athleticism.

#2 clutch shot in the 4th with the clock winding down off the pick and roll and heavy pressure. MVP type play.

#1 takes three guys out of the play with his dribble alone off the turnover, and finishes. MVP play