Who is the better player? James Harden or Steph Curry?

Curry or Harden

• Total voters

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think Steph Curry is a great passer. I think your support for the argument is bullshyt.

I think he's a good passer, but not great. On the court, I would pay more attention to him scoring the ball than seeing that back door cutter from top of the key. Of course, I also think that with the dynamics of the team, he fits perfectly. They can all get their own shot, and Lee is an excellent passer for a PF, and the rest of his teammates can equally move the ball and score. Actually I would guard him as a sole scoring threat, not as a passing PG.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's clearly harden and that's not a knock on steph. Harden can essentially play 3 positions, while being the main creator, scorer on your offense. Not to mention he's a legit 6'5 and not frail and injury prone like steph.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
It's clearly harden and that's not a knock on steph. Harden can essentially play 3 positions, while being the main creator, scorer on your offense. Not to mention he's a legit 6'5 and not frail and injury prone like steph.
tumblr_lwopoh3vhr1qbkjyfo1_500.gif

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to watch more ball to know what I'm talking about but Harden looks better than Curry on paper:

Stephen Curry:

SEAPOSMin WP48PoP48WPPTSDRBORBREBASTTOBLKSTLPF
12-13 GSWPG 2983 .1842.611.428.74.10.95.18.73.90.22.03.2

PER: 21.34

James Harden:

SEAPOSMinWP48PoP48WPPTSDRBORBREBASTTOBLKSTLPF
12-13 HOUSG 2985.2173.713.532.55.11.06.17.34.70.62.32.9
Per: 23.00

---

Conclusion: Harden and Curry played about the same minutes last year but Harden led in every general statistical category except assists, turnovers and personal fouls. Notably Harden was superior in the Wins Produced and Wins Produced Every 48 Minutes categories, slotting into the highest category. Curry meanwhile falls to the second-highest. Now, Curry is the better shooter with a 4.4% effective shooting percentage lead over Harden but I don't think that's disparate enough a shooting margin to overcome Harden's dominance in almost every other category. So everything else being equal, The Beard seems like the better and more valuable player.

Winner:
james-harden.jpg

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Beard also wins in Defensive Win Share as well as defense in general. The only thing Curry can ever beat Harden in is shooting and 3 pt field percentage, and even then Harden stays in the race.

Harden has an All-Star Wins Produced and Player efficiency rating while Curry does not.
In other words Curry is the same phuckboy white girl looking bytch thought I thought he was, on paper.

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JR Smith is better than James Harden

Harden leads JR Smith is practically every statistical offensive and defensive measure including Defensive Win Share, Offensive Win Share, True Shooting Percentage and Player Efficiency. This was true before Harden went to Houston.

LOUD

King Of All Kings
Daps
Reppin
Fashion Heavens
Harden leads JR Smith is practically every statistical offensive and defensive measure including Defensive Win Share, Offensive Win Share, True Shooting Percentage and Player Efficiency.
Harden leads JR Smith is practically every statistical offensive and defensive measure including Defensive Win Share, Offensive Win Share, True Shooting Percentage and Player Efficiency.
Jr doesn't get the minutes or touches Harden does
Jr has a better ISO and post game and Is more athletic

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jr Smith ISO is the worst case scenario. If it's the last second shot and I'm the defense, I'm praying JR Smith wants to go isolation.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I chose Harden because of his ability to get to the line and his ability as a playmaker and his potential to be a good defender. Taking away nothing from Curry who is an absolute monster and who with a legit post presence who demanded double teams would probably shoot 50 percent from 3. After this season if Curry leads Golden State further in the playoffs I may have to change my pick.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Harden leads JR Smith is practically every statistical offensive and defensive measure including Defensive Win Share, Offensive Win Share, True Shooting Percentage and Player Efficiency. This was true before Harden went to Houston.

:snoop: This is why you dont lean on those bs stats.

Smith came off the bench while harden starts

edit: nvm saw you put before houston

Last edited: