Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other( name in comments)

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:Speaking of black fighting games characters. What famous black person, movie character, or fighting games archetype. Would y’all like to see future black characters be based on? My picks

main_1582571762-Wesley-Snipes-Signed-Demolition-Man-16x20-Photo-Beckett-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

tumblr_n4loifnNmL1re1poeo1_1280.jpg

Kellyobitt1-articleLarge.jpg

16.-Sho-Nuff-copy.jpg

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
It's Jax.

MK isn't my favorite series but Jax is the first black character who was treated with respect from the beginning while still being blackity black black. Well, other than getting his arms yanked in every version of the story but no one's perfect, lol. Which makes his exclusion from the main roster of MK1 very puzzling but I guess racist ass Lui Kang barely brought back any white people either.

Balrog and Dee Jay were the worst stereotypes most of their entire existence and Dudley is respectability politics, the character. Eddy is probably in the running but because he's Brazilian there's a good chance he doesn't even consider himself to be black. I'm definitely not voting for anyone who is cosplaying another culture like Nagoryuki.

No one else has enough impact to even be in the running, IMO.

If you voted for Geras, please seek help.

Daps
My fave black fighting game characters.

Jax - A proud military man that loved his family. Despite his sometimes stereotypical angry black man look, he was far from that. He was very intelligent and a very capable commander.
Dee Jay - Gotta give it to a fellow Jamaican. Love his SF6 design. Even though he was based on Billy Blanks
Leroy Smith - Is just plain dapper. Oozes drip and class. You can tell even at 70+ years old he's still getting fine women. Fun fact, I think he's the first fighter in any fighting game to have Wing Chun as a fighting style, let alone a Southern Chinese kung fu style.
Bruce Irving - Looks cool. Tough. Does Muay Thai.
Raven - Wesley Snipes as a fighting game character. A cross of Blade from the Blade movies and Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man.

Master Raven, Christie Monteiro, Kimberly (so bubbly and cute), Jade, Tanya (but not her MK1 redesign), Jacqui Briggs (I like her MK11 design. A shame that most of the women were covered up. Her personality had an upgrade in MK11), Dolores - I am a man of culture.

Characters I only like the look of:

Geras - Looks cool. Such a shame he was nothing more than a lapdog of Kronika in MK11
Nagoryuki - He looks awesome. In bio, he's meant to be Nigerian (serious), yet I see no Jollof Rice, him saying Joor, Abeg, Na wa oh, Jare, Sha, Chop. No Traditional Nigerian garb. Where are his parents to chastise him for not becoming a lawyer, doctor, engineer, etc?

Facts that you might not know:
Cyrax when he was human, was from Botswana. His bio in MK9 says he's a Motswana warrior.

Daps
:jbhmm:Speaking of black fighting games characters. What famous black person, movie character, or fighting games archetype. Would y’all like to see future black characters be based on? My picks

main_1582571762-Wesley-Snipes-Signed-Demolition-Man-16x20-Photo-Beckett-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg
Raven from Tekken is based on Wesley Snipes. Raven looks like a combination of Blade from the Marvel Blade movies from 1998 and Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man.

Marco Rodrigues from the KOF series is clearly based on Jim Kelly and another Karateka called Willie Williams - Willie Williams (karateka) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
It's Jax, lol I don't care what race you are, he's a dope character and if you don't like him then youz a goddamn lame.

Eddy Gordo I don't think has ever been an important character in Tekken storyline.

Jax been in a movie (shytty film) and even had his own game (a very shytty game) but still that shows you he's been important character in a long time now, unlike Eddy.