Who has VA Disability?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
They already on that strict shyt . I had Brain surgery in the Marines and a month after I got out I had a seizure and got diagnosed with epilepsy. They completely acknowledged they were connected to eachother and service related.. I had other shyt I claimed too. These bytches gave me only 60% lol. I just came up on 90% after submitting another claim.. but I need that 100%. 1900 vs 3000

Yea I was officially out on the 16th. Gotta wait a couple weeks to actually file my claim though, hopefully they break me off for that 100%

Getting 100% combined rating means u can work and still get va check
Unemployment disability means u can’t work and claim VA check but they give u a 1 year with both too see if u can handle work or not

either or is what u wanna get cuz both are same pay just one has more leeway then other

plus no property taxes too for ur house

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I checked today and I got 100% P&T:blessed:God is good

Had about 700 pages In my medical record. Been to rehab for 30 days, partial hospitalization for 49 days, and been on the maximum dosage for depression/migraines etc for 16 months

Damn after looking at all you have been through I’ll take this 70% along with retirement...even thought i didn’t want to retire already it’s just time...the writings on the wall. I’m glad you got what it is you were looking for...and you still have your other benefits...

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:lawd: you made it breh

Damn you would think I’d know this....but my understanding is I’ll get my regular retirement from dfas direct deposit right...but does the va payment come at the same time or does it come at a different time and can you set allotments up against it like you can with dfas

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Damn you would think I’d know this....but my understanding is I’ll get my regular retirement from dfas direct deposit right...but does the va payment come at the same time or does it come at a different time and can you set allotments up against it like you can with dfas
VA comes in after your terminal leave ends.

Not sure about the retirement stuff since I'm one of these good for nothing young bruhs who got out early :mjgrin:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
VA comes in after your terminal leave ends.

Not sure about the retirement stuff since I'm one of these good for nothing young bruhs who got out early :mjgrin:

I’m not going to say good for nothing shyt I’m broken and battered my damn self :russ: I just ended up in positions where it really didn’t matter...I had Squad Leaders for PT and Platoon SGTs for PT test.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I checked today and I got 100% P&T:blessed:God is good

Had about 700 pages In my medical record. Been to rehab for 30 days, partial hospitalization for 49 days, and been on the maximum dosage for depression/migraines etc for 16 months

You got P&T off the top? I got 100% schedular (meaning I can work) I heard that it will flip or I can apply for P&T in five years though.

Is there any benefit that P&T gets that 'regular" 100% doesn't get?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’m not going to say good for nothing shyt I’m broken and battered my damn self :russ: I just ended up in positions where it really didn’t matter...I had Squad Leaders for PT and Platoon SGTs for PT test.

Because I was in the hospital for over a year and in the WTU for 20 months I got a VA check before they medically retired me. I had to pay it all back.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
im just saying how did you end up having to repay anything? Who was the ombudsman

You remember how the dudes who were wounded in '02 to '05 got fukked with poor medical treatment and lowball and slow disability payments? I was in the cohort when they "fixed" it. when I was allowed to leave intensive care they had all of us do pre transition stuff pre TAPS (the stuff where they show you how to get a job) and they had the VA guy there helping us fill out disability paperwork so that we'd have our claims when we got out.

But I was "held over" and since I had my arms and legs I wanted to stay in the military. I forgot about the VA shyt and I was still kinda out of it for a long time. It was a lot of people that got a small check from the VA and we all assumed that it was a way we could get over so basically no one said anything.

Until those letters came. That being said they didn't give us "no pay due" on our LES's they worked out a deal where we got the VA pay cut until they worked it out.

Besides they fukked me too, obviously it took awhile to get the 100% (I didn't want it for a long time) and when I did get it they didn't back pay me they just one day awarded me 100%.