Who has VA Disability?

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I had my C&P on the 10th. VES submitted my DBQ on the 12th so I am now PFD. hopefully within the next month I will get my rating. Based on the measurements for my back I should get 40%. My measurments were terrible since I literally had to go to the emergency room for my back on saturday. The nurse practitioner kept telling me to stop if I feel pain. If I get 10% for my sciatica for each leg that will put my to 100%. I got my figers crossed.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I moved back to the US Sept 2021.. I hadn’t been to the WON since 2013… it was closed during Covid in 2021.. when I was living in Wiesbaden
Ah ok that makes sense. It’s opened back up since then. I’ve only been once tho back in 18 when I first move here.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
No, aircraft electrician. I’m trying to get on with Kay & assoc. to get back on F-18s.
I am a loggie for global 6000s. I work for L3Harris. I can imagine you know all the contractors that are looking for A/C electricians. If you ever need a list, hit me up.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
What’s messed up is, when you go in for these C&P exams, how it goes can simply come down to your evaluator’s mood on that particular day.

I remember back in 2020, I separated from USAF and did some contracting over in Afghanistan. I had some exams lined up back home in NYC before I was heading to Iraq for another contract. It was my first time going through this process and when I showed up for my appointment, I could tell the doc didn’t give a fukk about me at all. It seemed like she was just trying to get me outta there as fast as possible. I got maybe 20% for a bunch of issues, which was bs.

Fast forward, I moved down to Virginia for a job opportunity and was being seen for the same claims after filing appeals when I was in New York. The doctor I saw was a complete 180 from my prior experience. Dude was super personable, chopping it up with me about life and what I did in the military. He asked way more questions and had me perform more tasks for him to evaluate me. After that, I got pushed up to 40% for just my shoulder injury.

I say all that to say to you fellas still going through the process, don’t be discouraged. Be persistent. Don’t let anyone tell you bullshyt and don’t let people act like your issues don’t matter.

:salute:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I am a loggie for global 6000s. I work for L3Harris. I can imagine you know all the contractors that are looking for A/C electricians. If you ever need a list, hit me up.
Send that whenever you get a chance. Can never hurt to have too many options.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I need to get on the ball. I did 4 years 99 to 03, didnt apply for VA until summer 2022. Got up to 80% last year. PTSD, Tinnitus and Sleep Apnea. I definitely got insomnia. I can barely keep a day shyt job.

Oh yea, Ive never seen my records. :yeshrug:
I recently got diagnosed 30 for insomnia. This is with no records.

I tied it as secondary to my tinnitus and you can too. Just say that once you are in bed and it’s quiet you can’t sleep. Plus with your apnea you can state that the apnea wakes you up and then you can’t go back to sleep because of the ringing

Edit: Also during your exam they will ask you about how your insomnia affects your daily life. Def include the work stuff. State your short and irritated during the day because you’re tired. This affects your work and personal relationships.

Last edited:

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Man i left L3 last year....i wanted a deployable job with them... when i was in Kandahar and Al Asad... the L3 guy worked on our satellites for our MQ9s.. son worked MAYBE... MAYBE 1 hr a day... answered to nobody and was getting paidddd... thats the shyt i want... I do want to get back to L3 but only if they have deployable job.. i miss that unlimited PTO