Who has VA Disability?

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
It sucks because alot of the documentation issues does not fall on the patient. The lazy medics/corpsman/doctors should be held responsible. I did my whole time in as a Corpsman, and never once did I not document a visit from a patient. We would find whole medical records in ceiling tiles/ missed shots/ect. In my opinion, shyt like that should be UCMJ level punishment. Medical care in the military is so hit or miss. Depends on your unit sick call and medical staff. How many know someone or have themselves experienced the "your fine, just take some Motrin and blah blah blah". That stuff was never put in a medical record.

I had no problem giving out sick call, referrals, etc to patients (Did my last 4 years as an Independent Duty Corpsman)

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
This is going to sound weird

But do you all clench your jaw? Im asking that, because bruxism (clenching of jaw/teeth) is a secondary symptom for anxiety, depression, etc. Make sure you do claim that and get an exam scheduled sooner than later. Not saying it is to game the system, but honestly alot of people do have that issue and 9/10 there is an underlying cause...

"Bruxism is a condition where a person grinds, clenches, or gnashes his or her teeth; it can occur when awake or asleep. Bruxism that happens while a person is awake is more common, but bruxism that happens during sleep has been studied more. Children as well as adults can have this condition.

Many cases of bruxism are mild and may not require treatment; however, severe bruxism can lead to damaged teeth, jaw pain or tiredness, and headache. Since it is possible to grind your teeth in your sleep or be otherwise unaware that bruxism is occurring, it is important to know the signs and symptoms and receive regular dental care."

Several factors appear to have a role in the development of the condition. They include:

• Psychosocial factors: Stress, mood, distress, nervousness, and “feeling blue.”
  • A person’s genes.
  • Consuming alcohol or caffeine.
  • Smoking.
  • Medications: Certain medicines used to treat depression, seizures, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may increase the chances of having bruxism.
Your grill doesn't have to be extreme and look like a ragged fence, but stuff like this will come back to you later. And as y'all can attest, the military is great for making you clench your teeth
This is great info! Thanks!

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Just wanna encourage everyone that if you have 90% do not stop there. Big difference between that and the 100%. This shyt been a life saver. You should have a rep that is more than happy to keep pushing until you get it. If not get someone else. I was content with my 90 , but my rep said he’ll naw keep going. And we got the 100. Also if you tired of America you can get a retirement visa in alot of places just due to having a pension anyway . Permanent residency. Don’t have to be 100% for that tho.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just wanna encourage everyone that if you have 90% do not stop there. Big difference between that and the 100%. This shyt been a life saver. You should have a rep that is more than happy to keep pushing until you get it. If not get someone else. I was content with my 90 , but my rep said he’ll naw keep going. And we got the 100. Also if you tired of America you can get a retirement visa in alot of places just due to having a pension anyway . Permanent residency. Don’t have to be 100% for that tho.
Be careful with that also cuz VA is known to go back and lower your rating too I’ve already seen it happen I do feel if ur getting screwed over tho keep going back no matter what fight but if not just be smart and play cards right so it won’t backfire

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Has anyone ever got the clothing allowance?

I have severe eczema. So I have been prescribed this ointment that messes up clothes. I called today to check on my clothing allowance claim because the deadline is tomorrow and heard I was denied

I got the number for the lady handling my case so I am calling her now to get a understanding

I figure a few calls is worth it if I can get that easy 1000 check

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Be careful with that also cuz VA is known to go back and lower your rating too I’ve already seen it happen I do feel if ur getting screwed over tho keep going back no matter what fight but if not just be smart and play cards right so it won’t backfire
Funny you said that. I just watched this video

From what I read unless you are 100% p&t it’s best to continue going to your appointments. That’s how they screw you. People get content and stop going to appointments and the Va will check on you

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm at 90% aggressively going after the 100%.

I just switched from the Texas Vet Commison to DAV, cause the reps turned trash. I also spoke to VA disability lawyer last week. Dude looked through everything and said I should have came out with 100% day 1.

The back pay on this should be good.

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I'm at 90% aggressively going after the 100%.

I just switched from the Texas Vet Commison to DAV, cause the reps turned trash. I also spoke to VA disability lawyer last week. Dude looked through everything and said I should have came out with 100% day 1.

The back pay on this should be good.
That back pay is so sweet when it hits.

Waiting on mine now. I put in for my migraines in March but for some reason they made my effective date for my new rating for Nov 1.

So that back pay should be hitting either later today or tomorrow

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Funny you said that. I just watched this video

From what I read unless you are 100% p&t it’s best to continue going to your appointments. That’s how they screw you. People get content and stop going to appointments and the Va will check on you

Ya I have 100% unemployable my real rating is 90% what they don’t tell u if u get unemployment 100% rating is that around age 62 it goes back to your original rating

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Be careful with what? I’ve had 100% 7 years. I have an actual disability . And you don’t have to stay in the US. You only don’t get it if you live in Cuba or North Korea. It’s on the VA website. If someone has something (a condition) that the VA feels is a temporary injury, they can reassess those things and plan to. If you have something like real like epilepsy ptsd they are not doing that. I have a VA rep, I’m aware of the things they can reassess for. That’s why I advised people to use a rep instead of doing it themselves so they can fully understand these things and have everything properly explained in regards to all the things they claimed to get that 100%.

100% Disability VA Rating Protection​

Veterans who obtain a 100% disability rating are protected from the VA lowering that rating automatically. But VA can still reduce a disability rating from 100% if they are able to obtain extensive evidence of medical, physical, or cognitive improvement to a level that enables the veteran to work and care for themselves. Such evidence might include medical exam results, employment reports, and witness statements.”

However, a 100% Permanent and Total (P&T) rating is unlikely to be reduced unless something triggers a review of the case. This could include:
  • The initial rating was based on fraud
  • The veteran opens a new claim for compensation that includes Special Monthly Compensation (SMC) “

Last edited:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Also if you have a caretaker. This can be your spouse or anyone. They can get paid by the VA . You can apply on the va website. They will make you go through medical evaluations. Letter from your physician and you speak to the va people and they can approve it in under 2 months maybe. This is completely separate from your pension pay. But this only applies to people who really are homebound. So if you legit have one of those situations have your person fill out application with you. This is only for severe situations so you can’t lie about anything .

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Also if you have a caretaker. This can be your spouse or anyone. They can get paid by the VA . You can apply on the va website. They will make you go through medical evaluations. Letter from your physician and you speak to the va people and they can approve it in under 2 months maybe. This is completely separate from your pension pay. But this only applies to people who really are homebound. So if you legit have one of those situations have your person fill out application with you. This is only for severe situations so you can’t lie about anything .

It’s really hard to get Caregiver. You have to really be housebound and need help. My buddy tried it when he got his 100% P&T. He got denied tho because you have to have it documented thoroughly that you need the help

Now his father in law got it. He is missing both legs.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
It’s really hard to get Caregiver. You have to really be housebound and need help. My buddy tried it when he got his 100% P&T. He got denied tho because you have to have it documented thoroughly that you need the help

Now his father in law got it. He is missing both legs.
Yeah I had got denied, because I have epilepsy, and I get my 100% p&t, but they basically needed me to be where I’m completely homebound. Like can’t do shyt at all for myself. And of course I wasn’t about to lie about that. shyt is hard. Never hurts to try for people who legit have real severities like need help grooming and that type shyt .

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Cracked for 50% last month for migraines.

Definitely looking to up in by the end of the year. Missed my physical appointment with the doc so they weren't able to check out my knee. Pretty sure I'll get nice coverage for the meniscus tear and probably the boxers fracture in my hand.

Tryna crack for that 100%. shyt at this point I'll take 90.
The benefits you get at 100% are even better. If you got student loans then get dismissed. Whole host of stuff