Who has VA Disability?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Be careful with what? I’ve had 100% 7 years. I have an actual disability . And you don’t have to stay in the US. You only don’t get it if you live in Cuba or North Korea. It’s on the VA website. If someone has something (a condition) that the VA feels is a temporary injury, they can reassess those things and plan to. If you have something like real like epilepsy ptsd they are not doing that. I have a VA rep, I’m aware of the things they can reassess for. That’s why I advised people to use a rep instead of doing it themselves so they can fully understand these things and have everything properly explained in regards to all the things they claimed to get that 100%.

100% Disability VA Rating Protection​

Veterans who obtain a 100% disability rating are protected from the VA lowering that rating automatically. But VA can still reduce a disability rating from 100% if they are able to obtain extensive evidence of medical, physical, or cognitive improvement to a level that enables the veteran to work and care for themselves. Such evidence might include medical exam results, employment reports, and witness statements.”

However, a 100% Permanent and Total (P&T) rating is unlikely to be reduced unless something triggers a review of the case. This could include:
  • The initial rating was based on fraud
  • The veteran opens a new claim for compensation that includes Special Monthly Compensation (SMC) “
That’s a lie because it happened to my dad they changed his rating when he appealed it and it dropped now it did get changed back after another appeal but it goes to show they can and will drop it

The other person got theirs dropped I don’t know them just passing thru kinda of thing conversation but was saying thru appointments they felt he was doing real well and it got dropped now this person told me this before my dad issue and I didn’t believe them but then when it happened with my dad I was like well damn granted it got fixed later on but the fact they did it anything is possible is how I take it

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
The benefits you get at 100% are even better. If you got student loans then get dismissed. Whole host of stuff
My daughter is starting college in the fall. Chapter 35 benefits are great, it's an out of state school and they are charging in state tuition prices. Alot of grants out there for veterans/dependents.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
just had my right ankle x-rayed. Small plantar and Achilles spurs. Moderate midfoot degenerative changes with prominent dorsal talonavicular osteophytes. I'm already 90% so hopefully this will put me over the top.
Got to love those shytty boots they gave us

Do you have Plantar Facitis as well? That is pain on the sole of your foot, especially bad in the morning when you take those first steps getting out of bed. Basically the fascia gets micro tears. When you put any pressure on it, that fascia rips open.

They reason this is important to notice, is that it does affect your posture greatly. Back pain, neuropathy all come from that

Karume

All Star
Daps
Got to love those shytty boots they gave us

Do you have Plantar Facitis as well? That is pain on the sole of your foot, especially bad in the morning when you take those first steps getting out of bed. Basically the fascia gets micro tears. When you put any pressure on it, that fascia rips open.

They reason this is important to notice, is that it does affect your posture greatly. Back pain, neuropathy all come from that
I've got pes planus, plantar facitis as well along with artthritis in my knees and problems with my hips and back

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am a disabled vet. The Army made you feel like going to get treatment made you weak. Pain was weakness leaving the body.

In reality, my hearing suffered, my knees and back are bad, my PTSD was untreated and took a toll on my family relationships and work, I have sleep apnea, I have migraines, anxiety, etc, etc

But for whatever reason, I'm stuck at 90%

Karume

All Star
Daps
I am a disabled vet. The Army made you feel like going to get treatment made you weak. Pain was weakness leaving the body.

In reality, my hearing suffered, my knees and back are bad, my PTSD was untreated and took a toll on my family relationships and work, I have sleep apnea, I have migraines, anxiety, etc, etc

But for whatever reason, I'm stuck at 90%
hmmm, are there any additional things you could claim? also have any of the conditions you have already been rated for gotten worse?

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hmmm, are there any additional things you could claim? also have any of the conditions you have already been rated for gotten worse?
I put in for the PACT act and nothing came of it. I was in Afghanistan, on Kandahar base with a CHU near the shyt pond. I filed new claims under the act for breathing issues (I don't smoke)