Who has VA Disability?

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
I found out a homie I knew from Korea, possibly took his life.

Brothas, seek help. Make a phone call, call a friend. A family members Go to therapy, call the VA clinic if you have nowhere to go or anybody to reach out to. You never know what resources they may or have to offer.
There are those of us who know, know how dark the journey can get.
It can get better, I promise.
I’ve seen older black men get second chances with new jobs, new housing opportunities, health care, an array of benefits.

It’s not perfect and seamless, but I promise it can help

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Just got 90% today. I was at 70. I got 50% for headaches/migraines. Of course the Va math means that equals to 20%

The other stuff I put in for deferred. Sleep apnea, insomnia, knee pain. Depression. Eczema increase

Good thing is today I also got a call from Optum scheduling me c&p exams for depression and eczema increase. Also said my sleep apnea is getting pushed to a medical option board.

I’m really hoping to get this 100% soon. Nice chunk of change :myman:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Just got 90% today. I was at 70. I got 50% for headaches/migraines. Of course the Va math means that equals to 20%

The other stuff I put in for deferred. Sleep apnea, insomnia, knee pain. Depression. Eczema increase

Good thing is today I also got a call from Optum scheduling me c&p exams for depression and eczema increase. Also said my sleep apnea is getting pushed to a medical option board.

Good luck.

Keep fighting you'll get it.

Traveler

All Star
Daps

I just got 90% 2 months ago. I was at 60. I got to make that final push. 4k a month for 100% is going to be amazing. My left shoulder needs replacement, razor bumps, sciatica. Also need to claim bilateral for my knees and shoulders. I really need to explore secondary stuff as well.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I just got 90% 2 months ago. I was at 60. I got to make that final push. 4k a month for 100% is going to be amazing. My left shoulder needs replacement, razor bumps, sciatica. Also need to claim bilateral for my knees and shoulders. I really need to explore secondary stuff as well.
Go to the VA, Get Treatment. They're find things wrong with you and all your advocate has to do is word it in a way that makes sense
I started out with 60% then 90% then 100% I wasn't even trying for an increase at first I think they do shyt incrementally to see if you're happy with a lower rating.

I only wanted 70% to qualify for long term in patient care if I needed it when I got old.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Go to the VA, Get Treatment. They're find things wrong with you and all your advocate has to do is word it in a way that makes sense
I started out with 60% then 90% then 100% I wasn't even trying for an increase at first I think they do shyt incrementally to see if you're happy with a lower rating.

I only wanted 70% to qualify for long term in patient care if I needed it when I got old.
Yeah everytime my back gets tight I call my doc and he prescribes bed rest. Gonna use that for an increase next year. Crazy I have to waste time and resources to prove I'm fukked up

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah everytime my back gets tight I call my doc and he prescribes bed rest. Gonna use that for an increase next year. Crazy I have to waste time and resources to prove I'm fukked up
You have to play the game. Get everything documented

I will say that low key depending on the medical center the VAMC's are pretty decent all things considered.

I just hate the midday midweek appointments

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
The secondary stuff is really the key

Now that I am rated 50 for headaches that opens up so much that I can tie it too.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
This is going to sound weird

But do you all clench your jaw? Im asking that, because bruxism (clenching of jaw/teeth) is a secondary symptom for anxiety, depression, etc. Make sure you do claim that and get an exam scheduled sooner than later. Not saying it is to game the system, but honestly alot of people do have that issue and 9/10 there is an underlying cause...

"Bruxism is a condition where a person grinds, clenches, or gnashes his or her teeth; it can occur when awake or asleep. Bruxism that happens while a person is awake is more common, but bruxism that happens during sleep has been studied more. Children as well as adults can have this condition.

Many cases of bruxism are mild and may not require treatment; however, severe bruxism can lead to damaged teeth, jaw pain or tiredness, and headache. Since it is possible to grind your teeth in your sleep or be otherwise unaware that bruxism is occurring, it is important to know the signs and symptoms and receive regular dental care."

Several factors appear to have a role in the development of the condition. They include:

• Psychosocial factors: Stress, mood, distress, nervousness, and “feeling blue.”
  • A person’s genes.
  • Consuming alcohol or caffeine.
  • Smoking.
  • Medications: Certain medicines used to treat depression, seizures, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may increase the chances of having bruxism.
Your grill doesn't have to be extreme and look like a ragged fence, but stuff like this will come back to you later. And as y'all can attest, the military is great for making you clench your teeth

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
This is going to sound weird

But do you all clench your jaw? Im asking that, because bruxism (clenching of jaw/teeth) is a secondary symptom for anxiety, depression, etc. Make sure you do claim that and get an exam scheduled sooner than later. Not saying it is to game the system, but honestly alot of people do have that issue and 9/10 there is an underlying cause...

"Bruxism is a condition where a person grinds, clenches, or gnashes his or her teeth; it can occur when awake or asleep. Bruxism that happens while a person is awake is more common, but bruxism that happens during sleep has been studied more. Children as well as adults can have this condition.

Many cases of bruxism are mild and may not require treatment; however, severe bruxism can lead to damaged teeth, jaw pain or tiredness, and headache. Since it is possible to grind your teeth in your sleep or be otherwise unaware that bruxism is occurring, it is important to know the signs and symptoms and receive regular dental care."

Several factors appear to have a role in the development of the condition. They include:

• Psychosocial factors: Stress, mood, distress, nervousness, and “feeling blue.”
  • A person’s genes.
  • Consuming alcohol or caffeine.
  • Smoking.
  • Medications: Certain medicines used to treat depression, seizures, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may increase the chances of having bruxism.
Your grill doesn't have to be extreme and look like a ragged fence, but stuff like this will come back to you later. And as y'all can attest, the military is great for making you clench your teeth
Limited jaw range of motion and altered diet can make that % jump, easily

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Cracked for 50% last month for migraines.

Definitely looking to up in by the end of the year. Missed my physical appointment with the doc so they weren't able to check out my knee. Pretty sure I'll get nice coverage for the meniscus tear and probably the boxers fracture in my hand.

Tryna crack for that 100%. shyt at this point I'll take 90.