Who has VA Disability?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Did yall know about the Agent Orange Settlement for the Vietnam war? This applies to our fathers or grandfathers,they're entitled to compensation due to chemicals in use during the war at the time. They can claim disability and receive settlement proceeds

Yep,,, they say that but they will want you to prove it,,, I just hope i'm not fukked up with anything,,,,,, I think they even denied some Vietnam vets last time I checked

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
shyt has become too much/big of a hustle. I feel like at some point they are gonna start being more stringent about it. But good luck to you brehs. I probably could claim it too since i had a surgery when i was enlisted like @Human Torch said. I have to see because sometimes that shyt does bother me a bit.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
For the brehs that got their rating, how often did you have to go to medical? Like until your prescription ran out then just go back to re-up?

I’m in here now. **Edit

They ordered x-rays for my back but ain’t shyt wrong with it:dead:

They went from 0-100. I just wanted it documented.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
For the brehs that got their rating, how often did you have to go to medical? Like until your prescription ran out then just go back to re-up?

I’m in here now. **Edit

They trying to fukk you with those negative X-Rays

Like i said.. what is wrong with your back specifically? You can still complain about bain but if they can’t find anything wrong they might just give you some meds and send you to PT.

You still might get something but idk. You might need to get an MRI if its that bad but xrays come up negative. I had to get that for my leg because the xrays came negative because xrays dont show hairline fractures.

And they gonna take xrays every time. I deserve to get more for my legs (they’re fukked) but everytime these idiots want to take X-rays and im like “theyre not going to show shyt:comeon:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

I’m in here now. **Edit

I always tell guys that are in - go to sick call for EVERYTHING. The VA process isn't how it used to be a few decades back. A lot of their records are digital as well, so there's a 'solid' chance you'll have records additional to what you have on paper. Regarding my injuries... it was a complex injury. I actually didn't get a permanent profile until my last year in the military. One civilian doctor looked at my combined medical records and hit the :damn: looking to serve papers on everyone who'd seen me while I was in the service.

But where people fukk up about medical, is that you try to push through real injuries while you're in. You get told you need that run time down. You have to go on this ruck or you'll get wrote up. You can't be the shytbag. I want people to know YES YOU CAN. Its when you tough through shyt for no reason other than pride that people fukk up. At the end of the road you'll be like "my knee hurts" and the VA doctor will look at you and say there's no record of it being serious at all. shyt, they pointed at my boy's paperwork and said that his knee injury was purely inflamatory at the time because the prescribed Ibuprofen and water was listed as an ample solution when he returned later that month.

So go. If someone asks if you're depressed or stressed out, answer honestly. If your back hurts, say that shyt is no less than a 8 out of 10 on the pain scale. Make sure your shyt is covered because later on when you're thinking about it you're gonna wish you did...

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Did yall know about the Agent Orange Settlement for the Vietnam war? This applies to our fathers or grandfathers,they're entitled to compensation due to chemicals in use during the war at the time. They can claim disability and receive settlement proceeds
Yeah, my Grandfather got medically discharged because of it. Idk how much the Army paid him before he died in 2015, but it was enough to trick off hoes and purchase a brand new Camaro outright.

shytty thing was that his affliction led to his death. In his later years, the agent orange started attacking his body and eating the flesh on his leg.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I always tell guys that are in - go to sick call for EVERYTHING. The VA process isn't how it used to be a few decades back. A lot of their records are digital as well, so there's a 'solid' chance you'll have records additional to what you have on paper. Regarding my injuries... it was a complex injury. I actually didn't get a permanent profile until my last year in the military. One civilian doctor looked at my combined medical records and hit the :damn: looking to serve papers on everyone who'd seen me while I was in the service.

But where people fukk up about medical, is that you try to push through real injuries while you're in. You get told you need that run time down. You have to go on this ruck or you'll get wrote up. You can't be the shytbag. I want people to know YES YOU CAN. Its when you tough through shyt for no reason other than pride that people fukk up. At the end of the road you'll be like "my knee hurts" and the VA doctor will look at you and say there's no record of it being serious at all. shyt, they pointed at my boy's paperwork and said that his knee injury was purely inflamatory at the time because the prescribed Ibuprofen and water was listed as an ample solution when he returned later that month.

So go. If someone asks if you're depressed or stressed out, answer honestly. If your back hurts, say that shyt is no less than a 8 out of 10 on the pain scale. Make sure your shyt is covered because later on when you're thinking about it you're gonna wish you did...
Appreciate the insight breh. And you’re right, ppl look at you differently if handle your medical issues. Call you soft etc.

But to hell with these folks:yeshrug:by the time I’m done I’ll have had 5 years in. And I was the victim of a discrimination case...so I’m claiming that as well. Depression and all that.

Not gonna air my business but we fcked up on this end...an 0-4 filed a formal complaint of racism and had it go all the way to the commandant. He didn’t do shii and it went to congress:whoo:I was the victim of that shyt too. Crazy shii is I was gonna cut my losses and dip bc I was fed up, but the senior E9 here recommended I route it, so now I’m at medical tryna get mine:wow:

And to the breh above me ain’t nothing “really” wrong with my back other than wear and tear. Moreso from years of weightlifting (I purposely stopped stretching) and it just aches. But it’s not like I had an accident on the job