Who has VA Disability?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Appreciate the insight breh. And you’re right, ppl look at you differently if handle your medical issues. Call you soft etc.

But to hell with these folks:yeshrug:by the time I’m done I’ll have had 5 years in. And I was the victim of a discrimination case...so I’m claiming that as well. Depression and all that.

Not gonna air my business but we fcked up on this end...an 0-4 filed a formal complaint of racism and had it go all the way to the commandant. He didn’t do shii and it went to congress:whoo:I was the victim of that shyt too. Crazy shii is I was gonna cut my losses and dip bc I was fed up, but the senior E9 here recommended I route it, so now I’m at medical tryna get mine:wow:

And to the breh above me ain’t nothing “really” wrong with my back other than wear and tear. Moreso from years of weightlifting (I purposely stopped stretching) and it just aches. But it’s not like I had an accident on the job
doesn't need to be a single event to qualify as an injury

in fact, most aren't. you don't need an actual reason to see a doctor too - that's really an issue the military fails to understand. go tomorrow. fukk the gonna do

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Im getting out the military soon and tryna get my medical stuff straight.

Trying to claim my back, mental health (depression based off a formal complaint for discrimination in my department) and a shave chit.

How do I go about this to make sure I’m getting compensated? Like how many times a month do I need to be at medical etc

I hear horror stories about people getting out all fcked up and not getting compensated.
you bout to get free money for the rest of your life... how hard would you fight to NOT have to pay someone that?

That's how hard they gonna try and bullshyt you. That's why you have serious lawyers who do nothing but fight for cases like this.

FIRST thing is to get EVERYTHING documented. From a cold, to your leg pain, to anything mental, to any trauma, to a toothache. Be in that bytch as much as humanly possible, getting all this shyt stamped on your medical records, WHILE YOU ARE STILL IN. You try to say something is wrong, and they found it on your records outside the military, but not when you're in, they gonna fight it to the death. On the flip side, if it's already in your military records, they can't lie and say they didn't know about it then.

Get all those documents and keep going to the doctor.. Sign up for therapy.. All that.. Then get out and see a lawyer who is well versed in this. I know one who works out of VA. Not sure if he can do nationwide, but I'll slide you the info if you want. Got two of my boys 100% and the other at 90%

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Im getting out the military soon and tryna get my medical stuff straight.

Trying to claim my back, mental health (depression based off a formal complaint for discrimination in my department) and a shave chit.

How do I go about this to make sure I’m getting compensated? Like how many times a month do I need to be at medical etc

I hear horror stories about people getting out all fcked up and not getting compensated.

Get everything documented for starters no matter what it is.
If u get at least 50% u automatically get handicap plates if memory serves me correct
If u feel they rated you wrongfully do a appeal
U get back pay the longer it takes for ur results I know cuz my breh got 64,000 back pay cuz results took a damn while

I'm 100% disabled from VA
I dont pay property taxes either
And my wife can use VA for school cuz of it too

Even tho I get a decent amount reality is we still underpaid cuz depending on where u live it's not enough we should get cost of living pay to help offset that

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Get everything documented for starters no matter what it is.
If u get at least 50% u automatically get handicap plates if memory serves me correct
If u feel they rated you wrongfully do a appeal
U get back pay the longer it takes for ur results I know cuz my breh got 64,000 back pay cuz results took a damn while

I'm 100% disabled from VA
I dont pay property taxes either
And my wife can use VA for school cuz of it too

Even tho I get a decent amount reality is we still underpaid cuz depending on where u live it's not enough we should get cost of living pay to help offset that
you bout to get free money for the rest of your life... how hard would you fight to NOT have to pay someone that?

That's how hard they gonna try and bullshyt you. That's why you have serious lawyers who do nothing but fight for cases like this.

FIRST thing is to get EVERYTHING documented. From a cold, to your leg pain, to anything mental, to any trauma, to a toothache. Be in that bytch as much as humanly possible, getting all this shyt stamped on your medical records, WHILE YOU ARE STILL IN. You try to say something is wrong, and they found it on your records outside the military, but not when you're in, they gonna fight it to the death. On the flip side, if it's already in your military records, they can't lie and say they didn't know about it then.

Get all those documents and keep going to the doctor.. Sign up for therapy.. All that.. Then get out and see a lawyer who is well versed in this. I know one who works out of VA. Not sure if he can do nationwide, but I'll slide you the info if you want. Got two of my boys 100% and the other at 90%
:salute:To both of y’all.

Guess my last question would be how often did y’all periodically go back? Like they gave me a prescription for 30 days, and I went back like a week and a half later.

That’s partly why I feel like they said Fck it give him an X-ray bc I technically didn’t finish the prescription. Came back too soon.

So once a month:jbhmm:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Guess my last question would be how often did y’all periodically go back? Like they gave me a prescription for 30 days, and I went back like a week and a half later.

That’s partly why I feel like they said Fck it give him an X-ray bc I technically didn’t finish the prescription. Came back too soon.

I really dont use VA there service is :trash:
I only use it cuz I have to keep them up to date I use the regular military hospitals since I have tricare prime benefits when I got medically discharged I kept the same benefits

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

the prescription didnt do shyt and you're still hurt

where's your mri? you askin the wrong question

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@NeilCartwright

Sleep apnea alone is 50% rating
Also u can still get 100% VA rating without reaching the combined rating
U apply for unemployable meaning regardless of ur rating u cant work and VA will determine if u can or can't by re evaluating u.
My breh true rating is 70% but has 100% cuz cant work
My true rating is 90% but have 100% cuz cant work

Once u get this ur not allowed to work at all or u lose ur 100% benefit
But if ur naturally rated 100% u can work regardless

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

ALL THE TIME... i cannot stress this enough. go until they get sick of you. every single ache and pain. You can never go enough times. You can never have enough proof. Pretend your entire salary, for the rest of your life, is on the line.... cause it is

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@NeilCartwright

Sleep apnea alone is 50% rating
Also u can still get 100% VA rating without reaching the combined rating
U apply for unemployable meaning regardless of ur rating u cant work and VA will determine if u can or can't by re evaluating u.
My breh true rating is 70% but has 100% cuz cant work
My true rating is 90% but have 100% cuz cant work

Once u get this ur not allowed to work at all or u lose ur 100% benefit
But if ur naturally rated 100% u can work regardless
Ima be real with y’all I’d be fine with 50% and taking that for life.

My main thing is I did my time, put up with discrimination (which is documented by the command) and now my mental is fcked up too. Nikka started drinking more and I’m showing symptoms of depression:francis:

Having said that my home got 100% and she’s doesn’t work. I’ll take the 50% and start this business I been planning on, find a woman from an HBCU and ride off into the sunset. I just need something from this but I always planned on working again or forming my own LLC

Last edited:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wanted to bump this for anyone else who needed the info. In 6 short months i think im finally in a good spot...I contacted the VA lawyer in Norfolk and he hooked me up.

I got:
Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety
Chronic insomnia
Sleep Apnea (if you snore you got this)
Nerve pain in both my legs
Shoulder bursitis/arthritis
Knee Pain/grinding + clicking
Migraines
Low Back pain
Razor bumps
Ringing in ears
Erectile dysfunction
Alcoholism

They sent me to rehab for a month:yeshrug:cool. Just making my paper trail longer for when i file. All praise is due to Allah for the input. My contract is up in 18 months but im pushing to get med boarded and medically retired. Tryna get what i can, while i can still get it. If i cant get medically retired, we gon be eating good off these VA checks once my time is up.
:salute:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Wanted to bump this for anyone else who needed the info. In 6 short months i think im finally in a good spot...I contacted the VA lawyer in Norfolk and he hooked me up.

I got:
Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety
Chronic insomnia
Sleep Apnea (if you snore you got this)
Nerve pain in both my legs
Shoulder bursitis/arthritis
Knee Pain/grinding + clicking
Migraines
Low Back pain
Razor bumps
Ringing in ears
Erectile dysfunction
Alcoholism

They sent me to rehab for a month:yeshrug:cool. Just making my paper trail longer for when i file. All praise is due to Allah for the input. My contract is up in 18 months but im pushing to get med boarded and medically retired. Tryna get what i can, while i can still get it. If i cant get medically retired, we gon be eating good off these VA checks once my time is up.
:salute:

@NeilCartwright you have 6 months left now???

:salute::salute::salute:

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
shyt has become too much/big of a hustle. I feel like at some point they are gonna start being more stringent about it. But good luck to you brehs. I probably could claim it too since i had a surgery when i was enlisted like @Human Torch said. I have to see because sometimes that shyt does bother me a bit.
They already on that strict shyt . I had Brain surgery in the Marines and a month after I got out I had a seizure and got diagnosed with epilepsy. They completely acknowledged they were connected to eachother and service related.. I had other shyt I claimed too. These bytches gave me only 60% lol. I just came up on 90% after submitting another claim.. but I need that 100%. 1900 vs 3000