Who has VA Disability?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Man I wish I would of taken advantage of going to the doctor more while I was in. I doubt I have anything in my records worthwhile now. Been out so long (10 years) always figured that it would be a waste of time. But fukk it might as well see what I can get if anything. I know I can probably get something for my hearing due to working on the flightline.

You'd be surprised I heard that "Top papering" is a thing. Basically they just look at the top page and make a decision (usually a denial)

But since the VA is concerned about Homeless Vets they're been handing out Ratings like Candy. I know a guy who was in in the early 90's dude is a longshoreman and they gave him 80% off the top. He has a slipped disc that they hadn't made a decision on yet so he looks like he'll make 100%.

I know a dude who was a Navy Cook and somehow got 100% (with a lawyer's help)

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
You'd be surprised I heard that "Top papering" is a thing. Basically they just look at the top page and make a decision (usually a denial)

But since the VA is concerned about Homeless Vets they're been handing out Ratings like Candy. I know a guy who was in in the early 90's dude is a longshoreman and they gave him 80% off the top. He has a slipped disc that they hadn't made a decision on yet so he looks like he'll make 100%.

I know a dude who was a Navy Cook and somehow got 100% (with a lawyer's help)
Yea the worst they can say is no. I'm in the process of getting my medical records now and getting with a VA rep to look at my records. I can only remember actually going to the doctor once when I was in so I'm not expecting anything extensive in my records.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Is that a "special" disability like impotence or does it go on the pile of the regular disabilities that might get you to a 100%. I registered for that and I spent time at Anaconda and Kandahar ( wonder if they're gonna recognize the "poo pond") but I haven't heard anything else about it.

I'm already at 100% do you have to apply for Permanent and Total or do you get it automatically?

You can be 100% scheduled and yes you can actually ask that they convert your rating to 100% P&T. Mines was upgraded automatically after the 1st re eval. Pay is the same unless you have SMCs. You can work and all but I wouldn’t tell the VA. Lots of a$$holes who are actually working there and they themselves don’t have 100% which is on them.

There is something called “presumptive conditions” which is outlined in documents for them in each deployed location ie Vietnam and the close proximity to agent orange will kick out conditions that are basically given to you for serving in that location/locale. If it doesn’t you introduce your own lay statement and affidavit for inclusion as evidence in support of your claim. They have to look at it. Even if they say no still don’t give up until you reach 100. After you reach 100 leave it be meaning don’t keep asking for an increase for any conditions. Your personal doctor and provider can give you secondary conditions that will kick in SMCs. VA system is funny, SSDI is too but I encourage any and all vets to not dwaddle and get your money. They owe you!

Last edited:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Man I wish I would of taken advantage of going to the doctor more while I was in. I doubt I have anything in my records worthwhile now. Been out so long (10 years) always figured that it would be a waste of time. But fukk it might as well see what I can get if anything. I know I can probably get something for my hearing due to working on the flightline.

You’d be surprised. It’s a lotta goddamn money too! Imagine $3500x12, you couldn’t use that? :comeon:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
You mean on my award letter? No but that was a couple of years ago. I guess I can go on the site and see if anything was updated.

As far as SSDI I heard that they were quick to take it back if you arent missing limbs and stuff.

You heard wrong, especially in Covid. Don’t believe that.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I was exposed to five suicides within my company. this is one of the reasons that contributed to my anxiety which I never had before joining the military. I go to behavioral health. what should I file or flaim

You will file PTSD ASAP or I’ll come there and PT your ass until it sucks buttermilk!:ufdup: You WILL do and submit 5 stressor statements and you WILL call and enroll yourself in the trauma recovery program!:damn:

EDIT. fukk THIS. PM me, I will instruct you! And afterward, you will be born again, HARD as a minister of war, praying for DEATH!

Last edited:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I heard they used to deduct for retirement but then they did something called Combat service special pay for cats like me who got injured in warzone. But I heard they just bushed that and gave everyone whatever they was owed by the VA.

Think you may have that mixed up with concurrent receipt which a$$hole Trump wanted to make you chose one or the other but the thing is if you retired that’s pension and taxable, compensation is mostly tax free but to get the benefit of the doubt they roll it in together and you get the tax break overall. Meaning on paper your mostly under the tax bracket but making close to 6 figures if you retired and making over if you’re in school. If you didn’t retire and get the 100% VA then you get a huge tax break on your house, new car etc. It ain’t all about the money, benefits go a long way.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
You’d be surprised. It’s a lotta goddamn money too! Imagine $3500x12, you couldn’t use that? :comeon:
I guarantee you it wouldn't be the full 3500. I just figured I didn't have enough in my file to actually get anything since I didn't really go to the doctor for stuff.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
My brother just got 50% for his back. He legit fukked up his back in and once he got out had two surgeries. Now that he has his disability he his happy and it should get increased.

He got on me cause I got out with hearing loss. I worked in the engine room and each year my baseline hearing test would go down. When I got out I started the process of going thru the VA but moved and honestly forgot about it

So now I’m am going to start my claim back up again

Cheat code* Ask the docs for a cane, back brace, knee braces. BTW, you (he and you) must say you need it daily. You can get an increase on the loss of motion, range of motion and pain. Go for the secondary radiculopathy, sciatic nerve condition.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
It can if they give you 100% unemployabilty. I can't tell you what to do and I fought getting it for years then I just filed for the remainder and they just gave it to me. I can still work.

Based on what I see the Government understands that it's bullshyt (well I shouldn't say it's bullshyt) but they understand that if you have PTSD and or depression (which can get you to 100% right there) that you can still work. at one job I had my bosses boss had 100% (for cancer that he got on his last day in) and there was an old joker who was a boss who had 100% and told me to stop bullshytting and get the money.

If you get a bunch of thing that add up to 100% you're a schedular which can go back down (but almost never does) so you might have a touch of PTSD and a touch of bad knees and a touch of this and that but you don't have pernanent loss. You can apply for permanent and Total in 5 years if your disabilities don't get better or they can deem you unemployable. You usually don't get unemployable unless you're missing limbs or in the hospital.

Mostly true, my dude applied for P&T within a year and got it. He all fukked up too. Knees, back, neck. he can barely roll out of bed some days smdh. And very true on PTSD! It stops NOTHING but gets your EVERYTHING!

Last edited:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Funny story I was in the field sweating (after I was "healed") and the medic took my BP and told me to go directly to the TMC and get checked. I did and they told me to go home.

That happened 3 different times and I was given a "no field" No uniform profile. I'd get my BP taken in BDU's an it was off the charts I'd put on Civilians and It was normal. At that point I knew I was gonna get medborded.

Make a note of that and file it away. Do a follow-up and ask for a total cardio checkup. May have a vascular problem as well. Don't play with that.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
How did you build your case?
Because Ideally, im trying to get build me a case for 100%
I have a CPAP machine for sleep apnea
I have gone to sick call for my knees one time. But how many times do I need to go?
I'm Infantry and I work around Bradley.

Did you do your claim? You close to retirement? What's your MOS?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Are there any ways they can penalize you for keep going?
Thanks so much for the advice. I'm at Fort Bliss.

fukk what they say! Take your ass to sick call! It'll be dummies like them who end of in this thread years from now talking about they only gave me 10% That's when you cash yo 100% check and laugh at teh SGM who was the tough dikkhead!:sas1:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Are you about to get out? I'd tell them that I'm trying to get fully checked out before I get out. If the Doctor concurs then that's all that matters.

As long as you aren't malingering to get out of a deployment it shouldn't be any skin off their nose. They're doing the same thiing.

If they straight up deny you and it's not affecting work I'd make an IG complaint.

THIS! fukk THEM!