Who has VA Disability?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
so you know the deal after you are already on leave. So I I’ve already completed all of my other DBQs and have my 214. If I submit for another claim for the burnpit I’m just making sure that I won’t make them restart everything. Especially since I’ve already had stuff looked at as part of the claims process.

If you aren’t at 100% do the burn pit registry, it’s a totally separate C&P. Hit me up if you need help. If you deployed it’s a no brainer.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
No... but like a court case, it really helps. But you can actually go in with nothing in your service record and still come out.. Because, also like a court case, you can appeal anything, hire a lawyer who will fight for you, go to see your own doctor to get a second/third opinion, and a bunch of other things. Witness statements to your mentality... I wrote one for my boy just saying how much he mentally changed since being in... And other things..

He's been fighting his case almost 4 years and his numbers keep going higher and higher as he wins appeals. A good lawyer will know all the ways to hook you up. Word to Saul Goodman

This is true. It’s called lay statements in lieu of medical evidence to create the nexus of evidence. You can still win off of your statements and affidavits.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I would at least go in and have it documented. No doubt we injested a lot of shyt because of those burn pits. I still remember that smell

Put that into a lay statement and affidavit. Upload to your record and use it state it as a trigger for ptsd. Congrats on doing your dbqs and taking control of your real money.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Unless it’s in your medical records that’s the only way. But have a few months left thinking about just going in to the doc so that this can be documented. I’m just confused if I can make a new claim while waiting for my initial claim or if I should wait.

I did both at the same time. No issues. Front load them mfs! Throw everything and the kitchen sink at their asses!

Last edited:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Its not technically health insurance but you will be covered under the VA health program. I say it’s not technically insurance because to my knowledge, you won’t be covered if you’re seen anywhere other than a VA health facility.

Partially true, you are allowed to go to emergency care and urgent care especially if you are far from the VA. If it’s your primary, you have a catastrophic cap before you pay out of pocket.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If you aren’t at 100% do the burn pit registry, it’s a totally separate C&P. Hit me up if you need help. If you deployed it’s a no brainer.
Is that a "special" disability like impotence or does it go on the pile of the regular disabilities that might get you to a 100%. I registered for that and I spent time at Anaconda and Kandahar ( wonder if they're gonna recognize the "poo pond") but I haven't heard anything else about it.

I'm already at 100% do you have to apply for Permanent and Total or do you get it automatically?

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Is that a "special" disability like impotence or does it go on the pile of the regular disabilities that might get you to a 100%. I registered for that and I spent time at Anaconda and Kandahar ( wonder if they're gonna recognize the "poo pond") but I haven't heard anything else about it.

I'm already at 100% do you have to apply for Permanent and Total or do you get it automatically?

Does it say P&T on your disability letter? I had to look for it myself. Hopefully it is for you, one less thing to stress about

I just applied for SSDI. If you are at 100%, they push your stuff through faster: They will also take your VA physicals, which helps because they will do their own. Will update the process.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Does it say P&T on your disability letter? I had to look for it myself. Hopefully it is for you, one less thing to stress about

I just applied for SSDI. If you are at 100%, they push your stuff through faster: They will also take your VA physicals, which helps because they will do their own. Will update the process.

You mean on my award letter? No but that was a couple of years ago. I guess I can go on the site and see if anything was updated.

As far as SSDI I heard that they were quick to take it back if you arent missing limbs and stuff.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Man I wish I would of taken advantage of going to the doctor more while I was in. I doubt I have anything in my records worthwhile now. Been out so long (10 years) always figured that it would be a waste of time. But fukk it might as well see what I can get if anything. I know I can probably get something for my hearing due to working on the flightline.