Who has VA Disability?

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
When you get your VA, do you get Military health insurance also?

Its not technically health insurance but you will be covered under the VA health program. I say it’s not technically insurance because to my knowledge, you won’t be covered if you’re seen anywhere other than a VA health facility.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Came out the gate 100. Then doubled it. Never looked back. Spread the blessings on at least 10 other veterans and they’re at 100 now too. Damn it feels good to see people up on it! :mjlol:

The amount of free knowledge in this thread is crazy.

If you are filing on your own, my tip is to start from your head and work down. Any illness/injury related to that body part? Claim it

Even if it’s minor (sprained ankle, etc), claim it.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I get out in 16 months. Got sleep apnea, insomnia, anxiety, knee, back and feet on there now. What is it looking like for me fellas?
Goto medical for all of these things..especially any rashes or shyt.

I developed versicolor while in the service...they gave me meds for it before I got out but it's not in my records so I'm heated.

Next ear test you have lose some hearing ....

Though I get treated for it now.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nexus is a statement from the doctor right?

A link between the injuries/illness you suffered that was attributable to your service. A medical assessment should indicate this. You can also get an independent medical assessment if you disagree with VA disability assessment.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry

Be sure and claim any times you got an upper respiratory infection (bronchitis, pneumonia)

I signed up for this right before I retired. Not sure if it had an effect on my claim or not

Unless it’s in your medical records that’s the only way. But have a few months left thinking about just going in to the doc so that this can be documented. I’m just confused if I can make a new claim while waiting for my initial claim or if I should wait.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Unless it’s in your medical records that’s the only way. But have a few months left thinking about just going in to the doc so that this can be documented. I’m just confused if I can make a new claim while waiting for my initial claim or if I should wait.

I would at least go in and have it documented. No doubt we injested a lot of shyt because of those burn pits. I still remember that smell

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would at least go in and have it documented. No doubt we injested a lot of shyt because of those burn pits. I still remember that smell

so you know the deal after you are already on leave. So I I’ve already completed all of my other DBQs and have my 214. If I submit for another claim for the burnpit I’m just making sure that I won’t make them restart everything. Especially since I’ve already had stuff looked at as part of the claims process.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Do those incidents have to be on your service treatment records?
No... but like a court case, it really helps. But you can actually go in with nothing in your service record and still come out.. Because, also like a court case, you can appeal anything, hire a lawyer who will fight for you, go to see your own doctor to get a second/third opinion, and a bunch of other things. Witness statements to your mentality... I wrote one for my boy just saying how much he mentally changed since being in... And other things..

He's been fighting his case almost 4 years and his numbers keep going higher and higher as he wins appeals. A good lawyer will know all the ways to hook you up. Word to Saul Goodman

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
so you know the deal after you are already on leave. So I I’ve already completed all of my other DBQs and have my 214. If I submit for another claim for the burnpit I’m just making sure that I won’t make them restart everything. Especially since I’ve already had stuff looked at as part of the claims process.

Patience is probably the way to go in that case. When I retired, I got my rating about a month after.

That would really be counterproductive to restart the claim. If you have a VA account, you can submit additional paperwork for any claims. That way it won’t hinder your process