Who has VA Disability?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
A few of my friends got their ratings increased to 100% within the last few months. Hopefully you guys have had similar success.

Came out the gate 100. Then doubled it. Never looked back. Spread the blessings on at least 10 other veterans and they’re at 100 now too. Damn it feels good to see people up on it! :mjlol:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
If I never had any medical issues while in the service, can I stick claim something?

I used to be an aircraft mechanic so I would be exposed to loud noise and such.

Hell yeah, especially if you been to sick call any. Even if you hadn't I'm sure some things have manifested which can be linked back to your service.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm going for hearing too.

I also sent in the news report of when a jet engine exploded on my ship due to FOD..that shyt happened right above my berthing on Cat 1 up on the BOW.

Do those incidents have to be on your service treatment records?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Do those incidents have to be on your service treatment records?
I believe they help.

I was told by an attorney that since I didn't see the doctor while I was in for that incident it's okay as many don't while in service.

But I remember the names of the sailors who got hurt..one homework of mine...any dates will help.

They'll look up to see if the person involved in the incident actually served on the ship at that time...They'll look up in my records to see if I was stationed there as well which is easy to find.

Anyone who was on a ship or base where an incident happened the Sametime they were stationed there has a claim to ptsd.
(For instance if you were on a base and a shooting happened at the barracks the Sametime you were stationed and living in the barracks..it may not have been your exact building but you have a case if it shook you up and have ptsd from it)

My homegirl worked with the ABH2 who got hit by the shrapnel and has a case for ptsd but she slipping and won't file .

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I believe they help.

I was told by an attorney that since I didn't see the doctor while I was in for that incident it's okay as many don't while in service.

But I remember the names of the sailors who got hurt..one homework of mine...any dates will help.

They'll look up to see if the person involved in the incident actually served on the ship at that time...They'll look up in my records to see if I was stationed there as well which is easy to find.

Anyone who was on a ship or base where an incident happened the Sametime they were stationed there has a claim to ptsd.
(For instance if you were on a base and a shooting happened at the barracks the Sametime you were stationed and living in the barracks..it may not have been your exact building but you have a case if it shook you up and have ptsd from it)

My homegirl worked with the ABH2 who got hit by the shrapnel and has a case for ptsd but she slipping and won't file .

Medical evidence is a key, and nexus between your injuries and your duties.

Daps
I broke three vertebrae (not on duty, got in an accident) but soon after got in trouble on base and lost my security clearance. I was supposed to be on a standing waver (not standing more than 5 minutes) yet they made me recarpet and paint the entire building because i couldn’t do anything else.

I’m sure there’s no documentation on the work i did but i do have records of the breaks and everything, what could i get? I’ve been out since ‘11 and never thought of applying really.

i also broke my back again out of service so i wonder if i could claim my shyt was weaker from the work i was doing while i was supposed to be healing.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I broke three vertebrae (not on duty, got in an accident) but soon after got in trouble on base and lost my security clearance. I was supposed to be on a standing waver (not standing more than 5 minutes) yet they made me recarpet and paint the entire building because i couldn’t do anything else.

I’m sure there’s no documentation on the work i did but i do have records of the breaks and everything, what could i get? I’ve been out since ‘11 and never thought of applying really.

i also broke my back again out of service so i wonder if i could claim my shyt was weaker from the work i was doing while i was supposed to be healing.

when you were getting out during your final medical exam did you add in these issues? also have you claimed them via the va since you have gotten out?