Who has VA Disability?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry I don’t know anything about retirement. I just did 4 years in the Marines, got hurt during it. The base for 100% is like $3000 I believe. But you get additional funds for each child and spouse. That’s why mine is so much higher than $3k a month

Yeah I saw something about that I have a wife and 4 kids.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Sorry I don’t know anything about retirement. I just did 4 years in the Marines, got hurt during it. The base for 100% is like $3000 I believe. But you get additional funds for each child and spouse. That’s why mine is so much higher than $3k a month

I heard they used to deduct for retirement but then they did something called Combat service special pay for cats like me who got injured in warzone. But I heard they just bushed that and gave everyone whatever they was owed by the VA.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
hypertension these mofos just diagnosed me with this crap and gave me a bunch of pills. I’m literally retiring and suddenly they told me this. I didn’t even know that counted. I’m probably 100%
Funny story I was in the field sweating (after I was "healed") and the medic took my BP and told me to go directly to the TMC and get checked. I did and they told me to go home.

That happened 3 different times and I was given a "no field" No uniform profile. I'd get my BP taken in BDU's an it was off the charts I'd put on Civilians and It was normal. At that point I knew I was gonna get medborded.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlit:
Funny story I was in the field sweating (after I was "healed") and the medic took my BP and told me to go directly to the TMC and get checked. I did and they told me to go home.

That happened 3 different times and I was given a "no field" No uniform profile. I'd get my BP taken in BDU's an it was off the charts I'd put on Civilians and It was normal. At that point I knew I was gonna get medborded.

That’s what I’m worried about :russ:. Like why is this lady messing with me about my blood pressure I served 3 years as a 1SG and 2 as the school SGM and didn’t have any damn issues and my BP was always high. Low key I think she’s trying to get me up out of there but I already have an approved retirement.

I didn’t know you could/would get a no duty profile for hypertension. One of the warrant officers who was a student here died during PT with hypertension. Brother would still be here otherwise and yes he was in very good shape looks wise.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That’s what I’m worried about :russ:. Like why is this lady messing with me about my blood pressure I served 3 years as a 1SG and 2 as the school SGM and didn’t have any damn issues and my BP was always high. Low key I think she’s trying to get me up out of there but I already have an approved retirement.
Probably remember when they told all of us broke dikks that we could stay in? And in 2010 they started medboarding people left and right. By now there's probably no people in the Army with a permanent profile. Not even in non MTOE units. In fact when I was getting Medborded I was assigned to US Army Garrison and people were trying to get out of deployment in that unit.

I remember a dude before I got injured we were at JRTC training and a dude didn't want to go so he ate a huge Dagwood Ham sammich. The only vegatable on it was a pickle pinned to the top. Duke couldn't even fit it in his mouth. His boy told him Don't eat all that pig It will kill you in this heat.

Dude went to the TMC got his BP checked at and after a couple of times sent to the rear.

I'm asking you if he wasn't your troop would you have said anything?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:mjlit:

I didn’t know you could/would get a no duty profile for hypertension. One of the warrant officers who was a student here died during PT with hypertension. Brother would still be here otherwise and yes he was in very good shape looks wise.
Do you draw E-9 pay or E-8 pay? Call me a conspiracy theorist but a dude in a non MTOE unit retirement eligible. Not rushing to pick up a battalion assignment in a super rapid deployable unit? fukk yes they're pushing your ass out the door.

Again remember ten years ago when there were tons of actual Big (fat) Sergeants in Headquarters units that looked like they haven't passed a PT test in years? All of them got replaced by High speed types who couldn't wait to go back to the line.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably remember when they told all of us broke dikks that we could stay in? And in 2010 they started medboarding people left and right. By now there's probably no people in the Army with a permanent profile. Not even in non MTOE units. In fact when I was getting Medborded I was assigned to US Army Garrison and people were trying to get out of deployment in that unit.

I remember a dude before I got injured we were at JRTC training and a dude didn't want to go so he ate a huge Dagwood Ham sammich. The only vegatable on it was a pickle pinned to the top. Duke couldn't even fit it in his mouth. His boy told him Don't eat all that pig It will kill you in this heat.

Dude went to the TMC got his BP checked at and after a couple of times sent to the rear.

I'm asking you if he wasn't your troop would you have said anything?

It’s nothing I can say. If he’s at the point where that sandwich did him in like that I already failed him. And he failed himself. If he wanted out that bad I definitely would of helped him out.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you draw E-9 pay or E-8 pay? Call me a conspiracy theorist but a dude in a non MTOE unit retirement eligible. Not rushing to pick up a battalion assignment in a super rapid deployable unit? fukk yes they're pushing your ass out the door.

Again remember ten years ago when there were tons of actual Big (fat) Sergeants in Headquarters units that looked like they haven't passed a PT test in years? All of them got replaced by High speed types who couldn't wait to go back to the line.

I never got selected to attend the academy. Retiring as a MSG. So E8 pay. Yeah I’m definitely on my way out the door. I even telework :russ:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It’s nothing I can say. If he’s at the point where that sandwich did him in like that I already failed him. And he failed himself. If he wanted out that bad I definitely would of helped him out.

You're a good NCO. that was always my take. If you're p*ssy ass is too scared to go stay your ass at home.

Having said that I've heard some great get out of a Deployment card Free stories. I remember this chick saying she couldn't go because she had IBS and couldn't eat MRE's. She was an E-6 with 14 years of service.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I never got selected to attend the academy. Retiring as a MSG. So E8 pay. Yeah I’m definitely on my way out the door. I even telework :russ:

I thought they frocked you got the pay. I remember one SgtMaj. who took an administrative bust for some reason I think he was a Guard SgtMaj and he took a active assignment, He would've retained the higher pay correct?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought they frocked you can gave you pay. I remember one SgtMaj. who took an administrative bust for some reason I think he was a Guard SgtMaj and he took a active assignment, He would've retained the higher pay correct?

yeah they could frock a 1SG. But that a SGM. You have to get selected to attend the academy and graduate. After that you can be frocked. But now that’s even more competitive it’s people who graduated the academy 2 years ago that haven’t pinned yet.

In order to collect the pay you would need to complete the extra time and successfully serve in the position for 3 years after pinning on. What happens is they just do an average of your highest 3 ranks if you aren’t able to collect the full pay entitlements.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
yeah they could frock a 1SG. But that a SGM. You have to get selected to attend the academy and graduate. After that you can be frocked. But now that’s even more competitive it’s people who graduated the academy 2 years ago that haven’t pinned yet.

Damn that's fukked up. I talked to a SgtMajor who was in Delta Force and I asked him what did he learn at the Academy he said it was totally illrelevant to his service and that like the rest of the NCOES it should be specific to SOF/SMU students.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn that's fukked up. I talked to a SgtMajor who was in Delta Force and I asked him what did he learn at the Academy he said it was totally illrelevant to his service and that like the rest of the NCOES it should be specific to SOF/SMU students.

he’s right. I honestly don’t understand why it just isn’t one school military wide for them to go to. Like if you go down there they have a handful of Airman, Marines, foreign Service types attending. But SF is a whole different thing. A SGM for them is equivalent to a 1SG-CSM. But generally assist in mission planning and readiness not sitting up there worried about for example uniformity and discipline.