Atlanta
:blessed:100%
:mjlit:$3800 a month

:mjcry:3 years of appeals

:noah: Feel like I won the fukking lotto

Just got the call
Congrats:salute:get your money black man

We put up with too much to not have them cut the check :smugdraper:

Also I’d encourage everyone interested to look at the regulations for each disability rating. Like for your back it’s mainly based on range of motion. If you know what’s in the regulation you can know what symptoms to highlight at each doctors visit

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Don't have a VA rating (yet) but as one of the few brehs that works in an MTF on here, I can tell you that most of the ratings fall in the 30-55ish% range, at least based on what I see for folks that come here. Very rare to see 100% (but not unheard of).

Most of the reasons are for chronic musculoskeletal issues ("bad" backs, knees, ankles), and hearing loss, along with the PTSD's and migraines.

Lemme know if you have any specific questions I might be able to help you brehs with and thank you for your service. :salute:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Im getting out the military soon and tryna get my medical stuff straight.

Trying to claim my back, mental health (depression based off a formal complaint for discrimination in my department) and a shave chit.

How do I go about this to make sure I’m getting compensated? Like how many times a month do I need to be at medical etc

I hear horror stories about people getting out all fcked up and not getting compensated.
Just use the VA for yearly check up to be able to use their pharmacy.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:blessed:100%
:mjlit:$3800 a month

:mjcry:3 years of appeals

:noah: Feel like I won the fukking lotto

Just got the call

brother is it $3800 a month of of just disability? I know I’m at 80% right now before my va physical before retirement...My understanding is you receive the VA pay and the retirement pay. I don’t have anything for mental health but that could get me to 100.

some of the guys I’ve worked with however told me that 100% va disabled could limit my post retirement options. But they are all DAC. Even though I was just trying to find a DA job myself.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
brother is it $3800 a month of of just disability? I know I’m at 80% right now before my va physical before retirement...My understanding is you receive the VA pay and the retirement pay. I don’t have anything for mental health but that could get me to 100.

some of the guys I’ve worked with however told me that 100% va disabled could limit my post retirement options. Even though I was just trying to find a DA job.

It can if they give you 100% unemployabilty. I can't tell you what to do and I fought getting it for years then I just filed for the remainder and they just gave it to me. I can still work.

Based on what I see the Government understands that it's bullshyt (well I shouldn't say it's bullshyt) but they understand that if you have PTSD and or depression (which can get you to 100% right there) that you can still work. at one job I had my bosses boss had 100% (for cancer that he got on his last day in) and there was an old joker who was a boss who had 100% and told me to stop bullshytting and get the money.

If you get a bunch of thing that add up to 100% you're a schedular which can go back down (but almost never does) so you might have a touch of PTSD and a touch of bad knees and a touch of this and that but you don't have pernanent loss. You can apply for permanent and Total in 5 years if your disabilities don't get better or they can deem you unemployable. You usually don't get unemployable unless you're missing limbs or in the hospital.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

some of the guys I’ve worked with however told me that 100% va disabled could limit my post retirement options. Even though I was just trying to find a DA job.
Sorry I don’t know anything about retirement. I just did 4 years in the Marines, got hurt during it. The base for 100% is like $3000 I believe. But you get additional funds for each child and spouse. That’s why mine is so much higher than $3k a month