Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
You aren't the first African or Islander on here to claim you are half AA for the convenience of participating in dialogue about AA issues.
I claim what is rightfully mine. I was born here. My mother was born here. Her parents were born here. Their parents were born here. You wouldn't be the first person to pretend they know the opposite for the sake of avoiding a real discussion.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I claim what is rightfully mine. I was born here. My mother was born here. Her parents were born here. Their parents were born here. You wouldn't be the first person to pretend they know the opposite for the sake of avoiding a real discussion.

At the end of the day, you have to deal with yourself if you are creating a persona that does not match with your real identity.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
A person who grew up in Jamaica can not relate to the day to day experience of an African American. This is not even something that can be debated.
Exactly.
You aren't the first African or Islander on here to claim you are half AA for the convenience of participating in dialogue about AA issues.
Right its very obvious he isnt AA or wasnt brung up in our culture.
AAs are alot more tribal than alot of people think and after a few questions i can clearly tell who is who.

kayslay

Daps
So you gonna sum up the thoughts of 2.1 billion people in one sentence lol?
The amount of Afrikans coming to America shows ho inaccurate it is to marginalise a struggle way bigger than yourself

The only people to bring up slavery and white supermacy are non AA's? lmao You cant be black
In the context of AA identity and culture, yes. Non AAs have a tendency to unnecessarily bring up slavery and white supremacy out of context.
None of your replies match up with any of the questions ive asked.
How are we AAs marginalizing the Global struggle by assuming our own identity and letting it be known we have our own struggles?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I respect @Poitier and his opinion but I can't cosign the hostility toward our African counterparts. I 100% get it tho.

I have no hostilities towards Africans. What I don't like is being told African American's struggle is useless and that we should all run away to the utopia of Africa by non African Americans.

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
At the end of the day, you have to deal with yourself if you are creating a persona that does not match with your real identity.
You wouldn't think that way if you weren't so narrow. I have half siblings who think I can't relate because I only spent a few years in Africa and because my mom's side of the family doesn't know how to act according to them. It's that same bullsh*t I'm seeing on here and it's mind boggling.

I think being able to see the two worlds gives you a unique perspective. I'm the last person that would advocate repatriation in their eyes but man this is a worldwide problem for Blacks. Blacks in India. In England. Everywhere. Why wouldn't you explore the idea that maybe the two struggles might just be one?

kayslay

Daps
I have no hostilities towards Africans. What I don't like is being told African American's struggle is useless and that we should all run away to the utopia of Africa by non African Americans.
Its funny they always tell us to go back to Africa when they dont even want to live there themselves.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You wouldn't think that way if you weren't so narrow. I have half siblings who think I can't relate because I only spent a few years in Africa and because my mom's side of the family doesn't know how to act according to them. It's that same bullsh*t I'm seeing on here and it's mind boggling.

I think being able to see the two worlds gives you a unique perspective. I'm the last person that would advocate repatriation in their eyes but man this is a worldwide problem for Blacks. Blacks in India. In England. Everywhere. Why wouldn't you explore the idea that maybe the two struggles might just be one?

I never said we do not share the same struggle. I said our day to day experiences with it are different and that we are all Black but unique in our Blackness.