Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Come out of your feelings. Yeah, I'm "exposing" my thoughts. Why do you think I'm posting? And I said shunning our roots, do you disagree?
Shunning our roots?
How is AAs wanting our separate identity acknowledged akin to shunning Africa?

Last edited:

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
In my feelings? Thats laughable since you cant objectively answer any of my questions because you have an African father.
You cant make a rebuttle without blaming this white boogie man.
When tribalism has plagued the continent for millennias.

Just for your information AAs dont lack identity our issue with non AAs isthe condescending ass attitudes as expressed above.
I really dont get this obsession with non AAs claiming we lack identity just because we dont identify with them.
Yeah you're definitely in your feelings. What blame am I placing on this "boogie white man" and who should it go to? Tell me. Ehh, I just re-read your second paragraph. If you feel you don't need to identify with your ancestors, or that your history began when you landed here, you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree.

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
It's called global white supremacy for a reason.

AA's have a bad habit of thinking they're subjected to a different kind of oppression than other global blacks.

The projects set up to help Black children have been replaced with multicultural/urban agenda. There's no such thing as Jamaican school in the UK.
So true. This post reminds me of that 2Pac documentary. I can't remember which one. But he was talking about growing up in poverty and that his family had to move a lot and he subsequently lived in various parts of the country. And began to realize that the issue of poverty wasn't just exclusive to his family or old neighborhood but something that happened to his people period.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
A person who grew up in Jamaica can not relate to the day to day experience of an African American. This is not even something that can be debated.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Generalise much?

I'm not African american and I can identify with the same thing. It's a common rhetoric in the Black British community for Blacks with direct African heritage to resort to making remarks like Caribbean blacks are slave babies, have no language, culture etc - in jest.

As I said in my previous post, some AAs have a bad habit of thinking the buck of discrimination starts and stops with them.

Less than 10% of the Africans taken as slaves went to modern day USA. Bare that in mind when you make these mindless comments, it is very offensive
Please explain to me how my statement is a generalization?
Gtfoh with that woe is me BS because caribbean americans team up with Africans here in the states and say those same things about AAs.
And thats another annoying ass things non AAs do; always randomly bringing up slavery out of context.
Wtf does the amount of slaves coming to America have to do wth anything ive posted?
The noly people bring up slavery and white supremacy are foregners.
You talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the OP.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is global but the closer you are to it, the more the oppression is overt.

Only the people in places like Colombia or Brazil can relate to the Black American experience, so it is a very different kind of oppression.

There are tons of videos on the net of Islanders and Africans talking about how immigrating to America opened their eyes to how salient race is and why AAs are how we are as a people.

England is the spiritual home of White Supremacy, the belly of the beast.

So we gonna act like Black males didn't burn Englands major cities because a police officer killed a black man?

Seems like you guys live in a bubbl, I personally doubt your life experiences have been the same as blacks in the ghettos of Brazil and Columbia lol. Oppression for blacks is the same everywheree, every country we're at the bottom of the hierarchy even in our own.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yet you want African-Americans to remain in the U.S. Or am I wrong?

You can't defeat White supremacy by running from it.

England is the spiritual home of White Supremacy, the belly of the beast.

I don't even consider British Blacks. You are immigrants there and thus have a different experience simply off that fact. You do not make up a significant chunk of the population and your history there only goes back a few decades.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Who said anything about shunning our roots?
My family has been in AMERICA for over 300years all sides of my family are AAs.
Who of the two do you suppose "lack" identity?
You are really exposing you true thoughts.
I have cultural similarities with white Anerican are they family too?
Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge the fact that AAs are our own people and have our own culture.
Why do people have such an obsession with linking us to Africa?
I love how you keep conviently excusinf the Black immigrants who actively disassosiate with AAs and on their anti AA culture.
When do you plan to call them to task and give them this same condescending speech?
That

Is one hell of a reply

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please explain to me how my statement is a generalization?
Wtf does the amount of slaves coming to America have to do wth anything ive posted?
The noly people bring up slavery and white supremacy are foregners.
You talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the OP.

So you gonna sum up the thoughts of 2.1 billion people in one sentence lol?
The amount of Afrikans coming to America shows ho inaccurate it is to marginalise a struggle way bigger than yourself

The only people to bring up slavery and white supermacy are non AA's? lmao You cant be black

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Coli is bizarro world, AAs are the ones who basically started and pushed Pan Africanism

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
But if they grew up in America they can

At that point it comes down to assimilation......I do not believe that any African or Caribbean who comes to America can retain their ethnic identity for more than a few generation before getting swallowed into the larger AA population :yeshrug: