Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
I'm a middle passage and a return back Black.

Descend from enslaved Blacks from America, Jamaica, England, and Canada who were on that back to Africa tip, and they got their wish and settled in Freetown Sierra Leone.
Not to derail the thread but have you noticed and difference in treatment once you tell people youre descended of "returned" new world blacks?​

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
It bothers me when others who were not TRULY part of OUR struggle take advantage of the blood we shed. this to me is African migrants, the lgbt community, Canadians, etc

I guess Bayard Rustin wasn't truly part of the struggle then :francis:
Or Langston Hughes :patrice:
Or the thousands or possibly hundreds of thousands or millions who have struggled over the past 400 years :yeshrug:

I don't really agree with your points about African immigrants either. Canadians though... :upsetfavre: :troll:

kayslay

Daps
Its usually from a few Diasporans who learned a few facts about Egypt, Mansa Munsa and Thomas Sankara and now all of sudden all Blacks are a monolith
That shyt isn't "our ancestors" that is MY great great grandfather, and grandfather, and grandfather. shyt, my mother was part of an integrating class of Gary West HS. So, I take serious pride in where we are because my family built America. And we didn't get paid for it.
(1) What about your great grandfather's fathers? How can you say you are proud of your heritage and dismiss them?...They were AFRICANS...:mjlol:

(2) You should be angry and want retribution for the work your African ancestors put in and didn't get compensated for...You should be wanting revenge...What does being 'proud' even mean when you don't acknowledge that you are an African by heritage...? :mjlol:

It bothers me when others who were not TRULY part of OUR struggle take advantage of the blood we shed. this to me is African migrants
(3) Africans are part of the Black struggle, because that struggle started in Africa and it still on in Africa just as it still continues in America...It was your African ancestor that was on that slave ship praying to his African gods in his native African tongue, worried about his African family that was torn apart and etc...

(4) African blood, sweat and tears built America...So, how can you be of the opinion that "African migrants" are "not TRULY part" of the Black American struggle...? Think outside the box for a few minutes...Your first ancestor who was an African, is the link between your family tree in Africa and your family tree in America...Imagine we had Facebook and the technology to record history as we do today...Now think, your First Ancestor may have family in Africa, do you think a distant cousin of yours who is currently in Africa shouldn't be proud that one of his ancestors survived that torturous journey to establish roots in a strange and distant land...?

Think about it, that distant cousin of yours, who is in Africa today, has the same right as you to be proud of your mother, grandfather, great grandfather and etc...Because that thread started from the SAME origin...

That African has the RIGHT to come to America because you share the same common First Ancestor who suffered to give both sides of the lineage that right...

If you don't think it would be AMAZING for you and a Distant African Cousin to sit on Facebook and talk about how your Common Link survived and carried on the lineage in America, it is too bad...Because that is a MIRACLE story...

I am surprised a movie with this plot hasn't been made already...Instead of all his stupid ghetto drug dealing stories...

Brehs from Nigeria, you didn't shed blood for this. my family tree did. and I KNOW this for a fact because my family is charted back to slave or daughter of slave by PHOTO.
Your thoughts on this opinion?

(5) Brehs from Nigeria did shed blood for this :mjcry:Brehs in Africa ARE your family tree...:mjlol:Think about this, if you had 2 sons and one of them was kidnapped as a very young child and sent to a far distant land....But by some luck, the Kidnapped child finds his way in this new land and establishes himself in that land...He has children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren...

Mean while, his brother in the homeland manages to do the same...In your mind, do you honestly think that the homeland brother didn't suffer knowing that his brother was kidnapped and taken lord knows where, do you think that the children of the Homeland Brother have no right to be proud of what their Kidnapped Uncle was able to accomplish, do you honestly believe that the Kidnapped Brother did not pave a way for his Homeland Nephews?

On the other side of the coin, do you think that the Homeland Brother did not pave a way, for his Kidnapped Nephews to return to their original land if they so wish to do so, do you think that the Kidnapped Nephews have no right to be proud of what their Homeland Uncle was able to accomplish despite having his family torn apart, do you think that the Kidnapped Nephews have no right to return to the land of their forefathers if they wish to do so?

(6) The day all Africans across the globe realize that they built this world and are still building this world with their blood, sweat and tears, and thus they have earned the RIGHT to come and go across the continents as they please, will be the day that other races will start showing more respect...

If you are not proud of your own heritage, strangers are either (a) not going to give a fcuk about your culture, and just exploit it or (b) they will take your culture and make it their own, and make you feel weird and distant around your own people...
Whats your ethnicity?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to derail the thread but have you noticed and difference in treatment once you tell people youre descended of "returned" new world blacks?​

Not really, although i remember my Grandma telling me that back in Sierra Leone some of Native or indigenous folks used to call them slave babies.

But i usually get the how come you don't have an African last name or speak African.

kayslay

Daps
Its usually from a few Diasporans who learned a few facts about Egypt, Mansa Munsa and Thomas Sankara and now all of sudden all Blacks are a monolith
In my experience its usually non AAs who push this so they can stake claim to AAs Achievements.
But i wont push my bad experiences on TheColi.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
In my experience its usually non AAs who push this so they can stake claim to AAs Achievements.
But i wont push my bad experiences on TheColi.

I didn't want to name groups and start a flame war :whistle:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Every Trini I've met in the US is super mixed. Mostly with Indian.

Is it that way on the island?

Also...i wouldn't call them black any more than I would call Indians black
My father's side is from Trinidad. My whole family there is dark. It's where I get my nose and tight hair from. My mother's side is from the U.S.. They were slaves in Georgia and eventually moved to Tennesee then up North. My grandmothers maternal grandfather was the son of slave and slaveowner. Her paternal grandmother had dark skin but green eyes.

My mother's stepfather is from Panama but I think his parents or grandparents came from Jamaica. He is very dark with gray/blue eyes.

You can't call a whole country black or not black. Yes, Trinidad has a very mixed culture but my family there would be considered more black than my family in the U.S.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
There seems to be a certain group of people on both sides who are determined to continue the emnity between Africans and African-Americans. I wonder who taught us that.
from my experience, the desire from separation is more from the africans than the americans :usure: Word to EVERY eritrean girl in america :beli: