Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
It bothers me when others who were not TRULY part of OUR struggle take advantage of the blood we shed. this to me is African migrants, the lgbt community, Canadians, etc

Brehs from Nigeria, you didn't shed blood for this.

:dahell: Then get reparations. People across the globe migrate to America for a better life and to eat. fukk does that have to do with Africans?

The thread is really about African American ethnic pride and how it is a specific type of Black pride no different than Nigerians, Jamaicans or Ethiopians having their specific type of Black pride.

This I can cosign. AAs are a separate ethnic group and only people descended from the American slave trade should be able to claim it. I've seen too many people (black Europeans...Canadians...Africans) co-opt AA issues under the guise of being ''black'' :comeon:

It's ridiculous to see British guys acting like the Nation of Islam:pachaha:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
One of my cousins is married to a Jamaican man. So yes, you'd have a shot with a Haitian woman.
Those Haitian girls at my school are banging b , i got a Haitian grandma too and ive been to Haiti too so im half way in there

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
:dahell: Then get reparations. People across the globe migrate to America for a better life and to eat. fukk does that have to do with Africans?

This I can cosign. AAs are a separate ethnic group and only people descended from the American slave trade should be able to claim it. I've seen too many people (black Europeans...Canadians...Africans) co-opt AA issues under the guise of being ''black'' :comeon:

It's ridiculous to see British guys acting like the Nation of Islam:pachaha:
But Farrakhan himself is West Indian. AA's view Marcus Garvey as a hero, and he was West Indian also. That's where things get tricky. If you're a West Indian American or a Sub-Saharan African immigrant, who was raised in the US, and who's been a victim of American White Supremacy, are you really co-opting the struggle? What category do we put Black Bahamians in South Florida, who still cling to Bahamian/West African culture, but their families have been here since the early-1900's? Where do we put Geechie people of South Carolina? Where do we put Creoles and West Indian descended Black people in NO? Better yet, where do we put Liberians? Are they not true Africans? Aren't they basically AA descendents co-opting the Sub-Saharan African struggle?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What category do we put Black Bahamians in South Florida, who still cling to Bahamian/West African culture, but their families have been here since the early-1900's?

Vast majority came after 1960

Where do we put Geechie people of South Carolina?

They have been here since the early days of slavery, they are AA

Where do we put Creoles and West Indian descended Black people in NO?

Creoles have been here since slavery, they are AA

West Indians came after 1960 in large part

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Vast majority came after 1960

They have been here since the early days of slavery, they are AA

Creoles have been here since slavery, they are AA

West Indians came after 1960 in large part
Bahamians were the FIRST Blacks ib South Florida. Their pressence pre dates AA's. Black Bahamians pretty much built Miami and the rest of South Florida. Yet Bahamians never really receive much credit. They aren't co opting anything, or anyones struggle. They built South Florida.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Bahamians were the FIRST Blacks ib South Florida. Their pressence pre dates AA's. Black Bahamians pretty much built Miami and the rest of South Florida. Yet Bahamians never really receive much credit. They aren't co opting anything, or anyones struggle. They built South Florida.

Dude, the slaves coming from the Bahamas during slavery had no "Bahamian" identity or culture.

Those were AFRICAN slaves who ultimately ended up in America :snoop:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You just don't want to acknowledge the issue.

Some people are weak. We can't save those and we can't entrust those types with any kind of power in our community because they will be the first to sell us out, as we've seen time and time again.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Dude, the slaves coming from the Bahamas during slavery had no "Bahamian" identity or culture.

Those were AFRICAN slaves who ultimately ended up in America :snoop:
Bahamians have their own distinct culture. They ended up in America with an already existing established culture, social mores, dialects, etc.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Bahamians have their own distinct culture. They ended up in America with an already existing established culture, social mores, dialects, etc.

"Bahamians began visiting the Florida Keys in the 18th century to salvage wrecked ships, fish, catch turtles and log tropical hardwood trees. A Bahamian settlement in the Keys was reported in 1790, but the presence of Bahamians in the keys was temporary."

You are really trying hard here :francis:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
But Farrakhan himself is West Indian. AA's view Marcus Garvey as a hero, and he was West Indian also. That's where things get tricky. If you're a West Indian American or a Sub-Saharan African immigrant, who was raised in the US, and who's been a victim of American White Supremacy, are you really co-opting the struggle? What category do we put Black Bahamians in South Florida, who still cling to Bahamian/West African culture, but their families have been here since the early-1900's? Where do we put Geechie people of South Carolina? Where do we put Creoles and West Indian descended Black people in NO? Better yet, where do we put Liberians? Are they not true Africans? Aren't they basically AA descendents co-opting the Sub-Saharan African struggle?

No doubt. But the people you're referring to are black IN America and had been for generations. I was more so referring to people with no connection to the black experience in America who think TV, WSHH and rap music qualifies them to be experts.

That's why I specifically said:

(black Europeans...Canadians...Africans)

Racism and white supremacy are global but certain things are local and AAs are a separate ethnic group with local issues like everyone else. I don't see why some people feel like they have a stake in everything. Certain things do not concern you.

I fully support them getting the :camby:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You just don't want to acknowledge the issue.
How exactly has this affected black ppl foreign or not? Like I said this could've been an interesting thread but instead it turned into a pissing contest about bullshyt that doesn't even matter.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
This fool really asked how does anti-Blackness from Black folks affect Black folks :mjlol:

Or how not having ethnic pride can make a group of people vulnerable :mjlol:

Yeah you are right, they don't matter :russ:

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
I mean it's pretty obvious that AAs have their own unique culture, it's stupid to say otherwise. I have respect for those that lost their lives and who built America to what it is, to allow my parents to immigrant here. I know some immigrants to be condescending towards AAs and they are dumb for that. But it is true that some in this thread are doing the same thing about black immigrants, generalizing that we all hate you guys. Which is not true. I remember when I was young my mom ran a daycare in our house and we had lots of AA children in our home. We all played together went to the same school, mom introduce them to nigerian food to them and treated them like she would her own. I used to go back and forward in these kind of threads, but now it is pointless.Just people saying slick shyt to each other not getting anything done.