Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
But, seriously. We Black foreigners really are a guest in AA culture. We didn't build it, and alot of us benefit from it, while acting uppity and c00nish. Although, OP did acknowledge that West Indian Blacks are included in his category, due to us also getting to the Western World via the Middle Passage. But still, we didn't build crap in the AA community. It's not OUR culture to claim. I absolutely detest hypocritical Haitians who haven't done crap for the advancement, but still benefit from the hard work AA's have done, ONLY to treat AA's like they are beneath us. How can we think ourselves above AA's when we completely lost control of our OWN Nation, and arrived here with our tails betwixed our legs? Disgraceful, ungrateful, c00ns.
Positive rep...great reply and thank you

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
But, seriously. We Black foreigners really are a guest in AA culture. We didn't build it, and alot of us benefit from it, while acting uppity and c00nish. Although, OP did acknowledge that West Indian Blacks are included in his category, due to us also getting to the Western World via the Middle Passage. But still, we didn't build crap in the AA community. It's not OUR culture to claim. I absolutely detest hypocritical Haitians who haven't done crap for the advancement, but still benefit from the hard work AA's have done, ONLY to treat AA's like they are beneath us. How can we think ourselves above AA's when we completely lost control of our OWN Nation, and arrived here with our tails betwixed our legs? Disgraceful, ungrateful, c00ns.

The whole world moves to America, are you suggesting non American Blacks not move to America?

And if they do move to America, they mustn't build anything too fast or take advantage of the golden opportunities presented to them until first clearing things with AA's? Or rather, would you be happy if they put their lives and money on hold until receiving approval from AA's? And whom is this head of the AA community immigrant Blacks need to check in with for vetting?
Small minded people are concerned with only competing against other Blacks, not building with them or even asking how a Black immigrant without the US history, language and connections is able to thrive so well in your own territory. This thinking is the reason why Zulus attacked Black immigrants and their stores but left Indian stores alone. c00ning is a global phenomena..
I dont get how a Black immigrants kid raised in America is supposed to act, people are living their lives.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The whole world moves to America, are you suggesting non American Blacks not move to America?

And if they do move to America, they mustn't build anything too fast or take advantage of the golden opportunities presented to them until first clearing things with AA's? Or rather, would you be happy if they put their lives and money on hold until receiving approval from AA's? And whom is this head of the AA community immigrant Blacks need to check in with for vetting?
Small minded people are concerned with only competing against other Blacks, not building with them or even asking how a Black immigrant without the US history, language and connections is able to thrive so well in your own territory. This thinking is the reason why Zulus attacked Black immigrants and their stores but left Indian stores alone. c00ning is a global phenomena..
I dont get how a Black immigrants kid raised in America is supposed to act, people are living their lives.
I guess we just gotta clique up with our own. Zoe Pound did it. Blacks Americans were whooping that but. But Haitians clicked up, and everything is cool now between AA's and Haitians.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
the funny thing is this op is too stupid to even consider the effects of slavery on those left back home not just in west, but central n parts of south africa as well

i cant be bothered to type out paragraphs. i dont know any of u nikkaz to care about changing what/how u think. but this thread is so unbelievably stupid. its almost offensive

n before another one of u retards tries call me a cac, (LOL @ that stupid word), i am 100 percent african blood

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the funny thing is this op is too stupid to even consider the effects of slavery on those left back home not just in west, but central n parts of south africa as well

i cant be bothered to type out paragraphs. i dont know any of u nikkaz to care about changing what/how u think. but this thread is so unbelievably stupid. its almost offensive

n before another one of u retards tries call me a cac, (LOL @ that stupid word), i am 100 percent african blood
The lack of respect you show black Americans is quite telling and reaffirms my position.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
How comes you don't be in those bm vs bw threads but these foreign broads be in there all the time :dead:

Some of them don't even live in the states :dead:
you and @kayslay always represent for us AA's with @Poitier :salute:

I haven't participated in the last few discussions that have popped up but I always read and dap.

and Can't nobody say they don't see the :mjpls: attitude that foreign blacks give off. always making the distinction of not messing with black american women. Lady simone and the other one ALWAYS talking about AA men and they don't even live here :pacspit:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
i live near a lot of somali, eritian, sudanese

breh

good luck approaching their women because they're frequently conditioned to think black americans are ignorant and beneath them...and many of their men low key feel the same. I know because i've run around with a somali breh and the woman DID NOT SPEAK A WORD TO ME like that until he vouched for me like i'm acceptable. it was disgraceful.

its udder disrespect for my culture and they adopt it like its their own.

don't get me started on nigerian snobbery [from first generation]
I actually made a topic about it but I had went to a panel between africans from various countries an AA's and one thing almost everyone agreed on was that there was tension between the two groups growing up. some had said their parents told them not to associate, some said all they see of us is negativity in their native countries (cac propaganda:beli:) and some said we were very insular and they felt intimidated.

Edit: the thread I made http://www.thecoli.com/threads/went-to-an-african-african-american-panel.306292/

Last edited:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As an AA I get what yall are saying. And I think this needs to be considered. However at this point in time, our collective focus needs to be on racism white supremacy. We're doing a major disservice by infighting at this point imo

But I will say I heard some slick things from non aa blacks before which kinda left me dumbfounded for many reasons lol:leostare:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
when being pro black goes wrong :mjlol: no beef but this thread premise is :francis: to me

im more than "middle passage black" tho :heh: my maternal line goes back to the Americas, so I'm really from this land & Africa :ohlawd:

Prynce

Daps
I'm a pan-africanist. I'm not really with the African diaspora beefing with each other, when the enemy is white supremacy

But to answer the thread my mother's family has been in America for 350 years maybe longer and my father is African.

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
IN WHICH WAY DO YOU WANT ONE TO SHOW RESPECT. GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE.
still no answer eh?

as someone who is both, mom from africa, dad from middle passage, I still would like to know.

israelis dont demand a damn thing from their new jewish arrivals. africans dont say jack shyt to aa's who come over to visit (im treated with the out most respect). 2/3 of white people are new arrivals (great migration in the late 1800s and early 1900s AFTER the civil war), never heard someone with an italian last name demanded to say some respectful shyt to an anglo saxon. but here we are, a bunch of people who feel entitled because they cant get their shyt together.

so again. how, in detail, do you want a second generation african to show you respect? you're too stupid to even lay out what you're asking for. you dont know wtf you want, other than to argue and try to feel as tho you deserve something. what is it you want? and why arent you asking your own nation for it? i think thats A LOT more important.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
It sounds like divide and conquer mentality but this isn't my intention; I feel like there is something different or special, admirable, proud, about being a 5th generation black american.

All the stories about slavery, 'share'cropping, Jim Crow, migration north, marching, dying, learning, rising, etc

That shyt isn't "our ancestors" that is MY great great grandfather, and grandfather, and grandfather. shyt, my mother was part of an integrating class of Gary West HS. So, I take serious pride in where we are because my family built America. And we didn't get paid for it.

It bothers me when others who were not TRULY part of OUR struggle take advantage of the blood we shed. this to me is African migrants, the lgbt community, Canadians, etc

Brehs from Nigeria, you didn't shed blood for this. my family tree did. and I KNOW this for a fact because my family is charted back to slave or daughter of slave by PHOTO.

Your thoughts on this opinion?
jam some 9ja music u bytch nikka

what ur dumb ass fails to realize is that now african migrants are opening doors for your bytch ass to migrate to africa...jealous b*stard

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Black foreigners can be disrespectful

AA's have a VERY unique history, that MUST be respected

I'm Haitian, and I absolutely HATE Haitians who are on that:

:mjpls:

But at the same time, claiming certain black nationalities are the most c00nish, is a little bit divisive.. Most of my female cousins are marrying and having kids with AA men. It's RARE to see one of them with a Haitian. Most Americanized Haitian women I know are marrying and having children with AA men. A common thing I hear among them is "I can't marry a Haitian man". Their preferences of men, are more aligned with what AA women desire. They want a Michael Ealy, Morris Chesnut, Columbus Short, Chris Brown type. Rather than a Jesifwa(Haitian comedian) Roberto Martino(lead singer of Haitian band T-Vice), or any other what they perceive as "corny" Haitian actor. It's starting to become rare to see a 1st generation Haitian female, with a Haitian man. They LOVE y'all AA men.

:ufdup: