Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
The culprit behind Africans disassociating from AA's is usually by the hands of whites. I had a friend from the Bahamas tell me when his mother and him immigrated from the Bahamas to the US the customs officer told her not to associate with Black Americans. Same can be said about a few Africans I was cool with in High school. They'd tell me about all the news propaganda that foreign media would flood about AA's in their respective homelands. I remember getting into an argument with a African store owner in Harlem about why he doesn't treat me like kin(I changed his mind, I think). I'm not speaking for the whole groups rather personal experiences.
When will Black immigrants take responsibility for there own actions.
There is no reason some grown ass college educated immigrants should be teaching there children to despise AAs. These are adults we're talking sbout not some grammar school kids.
Its funny the white man is never a valid excuse when AAs use it lol.

Last edited:

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Which comment is ridiculous? How long have you been in the united states. Furthermore, as this discussion went on, I see/saw the value in input from those from the carribean:

so, what is ridiculous before i reply?

Your comment came off like you think your superior because of African Americans history. But I don't live in America I came to the UK because my island Montserrat had a volcanic eruption which destroyed half of the island and was deemed unsafe by my parents. But I didn't see your comment on Caribbean's (Although you only mentioned specific islands) so my bad on that

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Not totally sure, but i think i remember hearing my grandmother say that my 2x great grandmother was a slave (kinda turns my stomach to type that). So i think that side was here in the trenches puttin in work.

No idea about my mms side, or how to find out more about my heritage.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Your comment came off like you think your superior because of African Americans history. But I don't live in America I came to the UK because my island Montserrat had a volcanic eruption which destroyed half of the island and was deemed unsafe by my parents. But I didn't see your comment on Caribbean's (Although you only mentioned specific islands) so my bad on that
yeah, i think that comment was needed to be said, appreciated input

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
There is no reason some grown ass college educated immigrants should be teaching there children to despise AAs. These are adults we're talking sbout not some grammar school kids.
i live near a lot of somali, eritian, sudanese

breh

good luck approaching their women because they're frequently conditioned to think black americans are ignorant and beneath them...and many of their men low key feel the same. I know because i've run around with a somali breh and the woman DID NOT SPEAK A WORD TO ME like that until he vouched for me like i'm acceptable. it was disgraceful.

its udder disrespect for my culture and they adopt it like its their own.

don't get me started on nigerian snobbery [from first generation]

kayslay

Daps

breh

good luck approaching their women because they're frequently conditioned to think black americans are ignorant and beneath them...and many of their men low key feel the same. I know because i've run around with a somali breh and the woman DID NOT SPEAK A WORD TO ME like that until he vouched for me like i'm acceptable. it was disgraceful.

Yeah shyts baffling.
They can use every stereotype in the book to sling at AAs to hide their inferiority complex.
But let an AA talk about the FACTUAL state of their home country or the FACT that they attend our schools and co opt OUR culture then we're the bad guys.
shyts hilarious.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall

I'm talking about personal experiences. I've been embraced by Africans a lot in the same breath, so I can't say all. I understand what you are getting at tho.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
In my feelings? Thats laughable since you cant objectively answer any of my questions because you have an African father.
You cant make a rebuttle without blaming this white boogie man.
When tribalism has plagued the continent for millennias.

Just for your information AAs dont lack identity our issue with non AAs isthe condescending ass attitudes as expressed above.
I really dont get this obsession with non AAs claiming we lack identity just because we dont identify with them.
White boogie man? White supremacy isn't a made up story. And separation, and the pitting of blacks against each other isn't a tall tale either. BTW. Who's that in your avatar?

:mjcry:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
A person who grew up in Jamaica can not relate to the day to day experience of an African American. This is not even something that can be debated.
What about a Black Jamaican who grew up in America? What about a Black Haitian like Amado Diallo who lived in poverty in NYC, and was mechanically sodomized and beaten to death by the NYPD. You're gonna revoke his Black pass?

:dwillhuh:

kayslay

Daps
White boogie man? White supremacy isn't a made up story. And separation, and the pitting of blacks against each other isn't a tall tale either. BTW. Who's that in your avatar?

No white man is putting a gun to Black immigrants head and forcing them to speak down on AAs in the presence of non blacks. No white buggyman is forcing them to refer to us as akatas or yankis in a derogatory manner. They do that shyt all on their own.
So please spare me with this white supremacy BS.
dont come here giving us AAs this BS "white supremacy " speech and continue to let this behavior go unchecked.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What about a Black Jamaican who grew up in America? What about a Black Haitian like Amado Diallo who lived in poverty in NYC, and was mechanically sodomized and beaten to death by the NYPD. You're gonna revoke his Black pass?

Black is not synonymous with African American.

Diallo and other recent immigrants have their own trauma but not Antebellum South, Jim Crow, CRM, Redlining, Predatory lending and just the mere reality of being around majority cacs for 200 years.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

breh

Why would you want to get with them anyway? See, we're too nice. You need to act like you're above them too.

That's why I never dated their men. :pacspit:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Not to nitpick, but @ the bold, you meant Abner Louima. Amadou Diallo was from Guinea and got gunned down by NYPD a few years after what happened to Abner Louima.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Meh

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

Amadou Diallo was from Guinea I believe, he was also a political asylee applicant in danger of deportation. That's why non-AA blacks don't understand our struggle and turn their noses up at us. Their struggle is immigration, like seeking political asylum, or staying in refugee camps for years hoping they're allowed into the US. They're begging to come here, while we're here knowing our ancestors died for the struggle to be able have civil rights. Civil rights that all immigrants now enjoy. :mjpls:

kayslay

Daps
I'm talking about personal experiences. I've been embraced by Africans a lot in the same breath, so I can't say all. I understand what you are getting at tho.
If you dont understand why dont you reread for context instead of trying to change the subject?