Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Take that shyt to the Locker Room then.
This thread is not about fukkery or AA vs Diaspora so stop trying to start beef and keep it moving.

And i notice you aint answer my questions:mjpls:

Its a defense mechanism.

p*ssy nikka talks that Black group economics but left a Black country to come to a White majority country like a gold digger trying to get into a rappers hotel room.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Every Trini I've met in the US is super mixed. Mostly with Indian.

Is it that way on the island?

Also...i wouldn't call them black any more than I would call Indians black

Do you even realize how many black people are in Trinindad? That country was built off of African slave labor. The Indians you see in Trinidad today are the descendants of Indian indentured servants. There's large Indian populations all through the Antilles. Same with the Chinese.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
p*ssy nikka talks that Black group economics but left a Black country to come to a White majority country like a gold digger trying to get into a rappers hotel room.

giphy.gif

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I don't have any beef with native Africans. I really don't know where that comes from, have never ran into that. We share a global struggle.

My post was really geared toward any immigrant who thinks they can come over hear and talk crap to Black Americans. We gotta change our mentality up & realize how involved we were in shaping this country's history. White American History is Black American History...they are interwoven. One can't exist without the other. I take much pride in that. None of these people can come to this spot & act brand new with me. I will spit realness straight to their face with the quickness. This is why knowing the narrative of your history in this country is so important.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I don't have any beef with native Africans. I really don't know where that comes from, have never ran into that. We share a global struggle.

My post was really geared toward any immigrant who thinks they can come over hear and talk crap to Black Americans.

EXACTLY!!!

No AA in here is making this into a tribal flame war. Only outsiders keep saying it to deflect and make us feel bad for any glimpse of ethnic pride.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Who said anything about shunning our roots?
My family has been in AMERICA for over 300years all sides of my family are AAs.
Who of the two do you suppose "lack" identity?
You are really exposing you true thoughts.
I have cultural similarities with white Anerican are they family too?
Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge the fact that AAs are our own people and have our own culture.
Why do people have such an obsession with linking us to Africa?
I love how you keep conviently excusinf the Black immigrants who actively disassosiate with AAs and on their anti AA culture.
When do you plan to call them to task and give them this same condescending speech?

The culprit behind Africans disassociating from AA's is usually by the hands of whites. I had a friend from the Bahamas tell me when his mother and him immigrated from the Bahamas to the US the customs officer told her not to associate with Black Americans. Same can be said about a few Africans I was cool with in High school. They'd tell me about all the news propaganda that foreign media would flood about AA's in their respective homelands. I remember getting into an argument with a African store owner in Harlem about why he doesn't treat me like kin(I changed his mind, I think). I'm not speaking for the whole groups rather personal experiences.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
A person who grew up in Jamaica can not relate to the day to day experience of an African American. This is not even something that can be debated.

His great-grandparents can when they were under the rule of British. And all of the disgusting things they did with impunity.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I welcome input from those from Trinidad / Jamaica / Bahamas as it has added a lot to the conversation. The OP question and poll doesn't apply to them but their experience is closer to mine than someone IN Africa or in Canada, or even a first or second gen migrant from Africa...that's for damn sure.

And if you're here for the fukkery

Get the fukk ON