Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
So as long as you show respect it's all good
Can a American born Non AA black appropriate?
Will you respect one in leadership position (farrakhan)?

As someone who fits this description, I'm interested in hearing AA's answer to this.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I don't separate the struggles of the African and the displaced African. Both are damn near equal; some pockets have been able to evade white supremacy, but separating isn't ideal. So I don't do it. Both are the same struggle; anyone saying otherwise is probably white or a c00n.

I use to believe in the bolded but traveling a little bit on this continent, only a few identify with our struggles in America. If anything, they hold a small resentment (only word I could think of) towards us because they feel like we didn't support them during apartheid (which is patently untrue). A majority, who haven't done their Googles, feel as if we turned our back on them and their struggle. They are amazed when I tell them of the Sullivan Principles and Leon Sullivan or the disvestment campaign

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
How is this even a question though?
Idont uderstand how all these supposed highly educated Black immigrants are so perplexed as to why they should be respectful of AAs, our culture, and how to go about doing so.
Im going to repeat this one last time.

IN WHICH WAY DO YOU WANT ONE TO SHOW RESPECT. GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My father is African and my mother is African-American. I'm Black.

When you say how can we fight a struggle with people who don't identify or give a damn about you, who are those people? If you mean Africans, I disagree. They are fighting the very same people.

The one thing I've come to realize about this site some of these cats really wanna pretend that the only people who suffered were African Americans. Slavery in the Caribbean, South, and Latin America didn't happen and Africa wasn't fighting tooth and nail to fight off imperial rule and colonialism.

Honestly though I'm just here for the fukkery :heh:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
The one thing I've come to realize about this site some of these cats really wanna pretend that the only people who suffered were African Americans. Slavery in the Caribbean, South, and Latin America didn't happen and Africa wasn't fighting tooth and nail to fight off imperial rule and colonialism.

Honestly though I'm just here for the fukkery :heh:
I really dont get after all the shyt thats been typed in this thread this is what you you continue to push.

So just because we were all enslaved we are all the exact same?
We all speak the same langugage and have the exact same culture right?

Its amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through just so they dont have to acknowledge AAs as our own ethnic group or our unique struggle.

Last edited:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
It sounds like divide and conquer mentality but this isn't my intention; I feel like there is something different or special, admirable, proud, about being a 5th generation black american.

All the stories about slavery, 'share'cropping, Jim Crow, migration north, marching, dying, learning, rising, etc

That shyt isn't "our ancestors" that is MY great great grandfather, and grandfather, and grandfather. shyt, my mother was part of an integrating class of Gary West HS. So, I take serious pride in where we are because my family built America. And we didn't get paid for it.

It bothers me when others who were not TRULY part of OUR struggle take advantage of the blood we shed. this to me is African migrants, the lgbt community, Canadians, etc

Brehs from Nigeria, you didn't shed blood for this. my family tree did. and I KNOW this for a fact because my family is charted back to slave or daughter of slave by PHOTO.

Your thoughts on this opinion?

Yeah im a Israelite

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I really dont get after all the shyt thats been typed in this thread this is what you you continue to push.

So just because we were all inslaved we are all the exact same?
We all speak the sae langugage and have the exact same culture right?

Its amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through just so they dont have to acknowledge AAs as our own ethnic group or our unique struggle.

He is Jamaican who ran away from Jamaica 1st chance he got. Don't go back and forth. He is a coward.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
what's really should be discuss is mother fukking Repressions for the descendants of the slaves who built America.
Just concentrating on the USA, not the other nations that caused suffering to the African slaves.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
He is Jamaican who ran away from Jamaica 1st chance he got. Don't go back and forth. He is a coward.
Its very obvious that theyre being condescending and obtuse as fukk.
I guess since they dont have a valid response theyre going to continue talking in circles; about slavery and asking the same question over and over.

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

So just because we were all inslaved we are all the exact same?
We all speak the sae langugage and have the exact same culture right?

Im not trolling. Im actually interested in what yall have to say. All AA I have ever met have been more inclusive then exclusive. I spent a lot of time growing in the home of an older southern couple. The man served in vietnem to only come home to a country that does not love him. The Obama election gave them something that they loved about America and their house became litered with his gear. Them and other AAs I would see from the hood and from the church i used to attend saw Obama as a fellow black man and not as a mix between kenyon and white

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
I use to believe in the bolded but traveling a little bit on this continent, only a few identify with our struggles in America. If anything, they hold a small resentment (only word I could think of) towards us because they feel like we didn't support them during apartheid (which is patently untrue). A majority, who haven't done their Googles, feel as if we turned our back on them and their struggle. They are amazed when I tell them of the Sullivan Principles and Leon Sullivan or the disvestment campaign

We need to start communicating with one another instead of assuming we ought to know automatically what's going on. Lack of communication, sitting down with one another is where (I think) most out problems stem from.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
my grandmother was a born a sharecropper in Mississippi before she moved

Mines too.

Berclair, Mississippi in Leflore County.

Great grandparents were born in 1882 and 1900. Grandma 1932.

Great great grandparents were both born slaves in 1850.