Who else got a Roku?

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Stores near me can't keep Roku on shelves.
Stay sold out on the regular. Was thinking about getting the new 3.

Amazon always has them on stock(except for the 3)

the 3 isnt available in stores yet you can only get them on Roku.com and Amazon.com

Ok i'm stupid I have to install this on my HTPC? meaning I would have to have a computer in the living room so this could work? or does it work with your xbox?

you're not stupid just ignorant(in its proper use)

yeah an HTCP is a dedicated computer for your tv, because its a computer it can handle more video formats and do pretty much anything a pc can

you can get a regular pc case or one that looks like a home theater component

XMBC is compatible with many devices, although not the 360, but the best option is an actual pc
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_all_platforms_FAQ

there is something called XBMC4Xbox but I dont know anything about it

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Amazon always has them on stock(except for the 3)

the 3 isnt available in stores yet you can only get them on Roku.com and Amazon.com

you're not stupid just ignorant(in its proper use)

yeah an HTCP is a dedicated computer for your tv, because its a computer it can handle more video formats and do pretty much anything a pc can

you can get a regular pc case or one that looks like a home theater component

XMBC is compatible with many devices, although not the 360, but the best option is an actual pc
XBMC all platforms FAQ - XBMC

there is something called XBMC4Xbox but I dont know anything about it
oh well thank for your information and correctly diagnosing me:jawalrus:

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What about the sports deals, any way to get League pass free off of Roku? getting free premium channels, and PPV off of Apple TV 2 is making me consider buying it, Roku brehs, help me reconsider

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What about the sports deals, any way to get League pass free off of Roku? getting free premium channels, and PPV off of Apple TV 2 is making me consider buying it, Roku brehs, help me reconsider

I don't know of anyways to get it outside of having someone else's log in credentials

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's on the Roku right? Because I'm considering dropping my cable if I can get league pass, premium channels, and PPV for free

Yeah Roku.

You can get HBOGo if you have someone's credentials. Same with League Pass. I use my parent's HBOGo's login because they never use the app anyway.

You could always go in half or split the cost with some friends for League Pass. If you go Broadband only you won't have access to the Nationally TV games and the Local games though.

And they black out games on NBATV which is fukking ridiculous

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Yeah Roku.

You can get HBOGo if you have someone's credentials. Same with League Pass. I use my parent's HBOGo's login because they never use the app anyway.

You could always go in half or split the cost with some friends for League Pass. If you go Broadband only you won't have access to the Nationally TV games and the Local games though.

And they black out games on NBATV which is fukking ridiculous

But you still have to have cable to access HBOGo and league pass though, was just trying to eat for free :skip:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But you still have to have cable to access HBOGo and league pass though, was just trying to eat for free :skip:

No you don't.

There are workarounds and options to get these without paying for cable. Do you know anyone with HBO on their cable subscription? Let's say, you cancel your cable, and you only have internet. If they give you their HBOGo login info, you can watch HBOGo for free on your Roku. You don't need cable to access it.

The NBA offers a Broadband only option. It's 189.99 for the entire year (right now it's on sale for 99.99) You can buy that and have access to the games over the internet, no cable needed. There's an Xbox app for it as well.

Matter of fact, don't you have an Xbox? You already have these apps. You don't need a Roku for these 2.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

No you don't.

There are workarounds and options to get these without paying for cable. Do you know anyone with HBO on their cable subscription? Let's say, you cancel your cable, and you only have internet. If they give you their HBOGo login info, you can watch HBOGo for free on your Roku. You don't need cable to access it.

The NBA offers a Broadband only option. It's 189.99 for the entire year (right now it's on sale for 99.99) You can buy that and have access to the games over the internet, no cable needed. There's an Xbox app for it as well.

Matter of fact, don't you have an Xbox? You already have these apps. You don't need a Roku for these 2.

I have HBOGO already, just want to cancel my cable all together, I barely watch anything on there besides HBO for their shows, and the NBA, I'll take your advice though breh :myman: props for the info, just going to network in my area for who has HBOGO:mjpls:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
anyone else have problems using the amazon channel?

ff/rw freezing the roku.. no picture, just a big purple screen..

:flabbynsick:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Reading through the article that was posted...it doesn't mention and xbox at all.

If I'm not in a position to hook up my pc directly to my tv..is there a way to do this on the xbox?
basically no

XBMC4Xbox is intended for the 1st Xbox and even then its limited

XBMC can only be run off a pc and some mobile devices

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
basically no

XBMC4Xbox is intended for the 1st Xbox and even then its limited

XBMC can only be run off a pc and some mobile devices

I downloaded XBMC to my PC and I really like all the features and all that, but since I have Roku with Plex, I guess I'll just keep going with that for now.

Any good private channels on roku should look into?