Who else got a Roku?

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
I was thinking about buying a roku or just building a htpc. Does anyone know if roku has anything similar to xbmc?
Roku is only a choice if you're trying to save money or for a technophobe, its simple and does what it does well

but it is not on the same league as an HTPC with XBMC

Roku uses such little energy that it has no On/Off switch

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really like my roku I stay on it I just use the ps3 for gaming. Anybody got any private channels they look at? I just do netflix, hulu, amazon direct tv doesnt have hbo go.

Now its got spotify its a wrap thats whats up.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
I really like my roku I stay on it I just use the ps3 for gaming. Anybody got any private channels they look at? I just do netflix, hulu, amazon direct tv doesnt have hbo go.

Now its got spotify its a wrap thats whats up.
my mom has one and all she does is listen to station on it or watch movies off DLNA downloaded on the pc

my friend loaded his HBO/Cinemax password but she never uses that

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Roku is only a choice if you're trying to save money or for a technophobe, its simple and does what it does well

but it is not on the same league as an HTPC with XBMC

Roku uses such little energy that it has no On/Off switch

what is an HTPC and XBMC???

I mean you could technically survive off roku. simply cuz it has a justintv app which would allow you to :eat: off shytty sports streams. but I still can't understand why there aren't quality free sports streams in this day and age.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
HTPC = home theater pc
XBMC = Xbox media Center

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T970YM3w1LY"]XBMC Media Cener Demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what is an HTPC and XBMC???

I mean you could technically survive off roku. simply cuz it has a justintv app which would allow you to :eat: off shytty sports streams. but I still can't understand why there aren't quality free sports streams in this day and age.

Because cable would be in the pushes for people under 35. If I could just get sports channels Id be done with cable. But my bill isn't really to high but otr I only look at netflix and all the premium shows I was seasons are over.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
new Roku features a headphone jack in the remote

why-its-cool-night-owls-v3.jpg

:wow:

plus volume control

one search interface that searches all the channels

asset_roku-3-wic.png

Why it's cool | Roku Streaming Player

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
Damn I just copped a Roku 2 for the bedroom, I already got a netflix subscription and I found some pow-u channels for it, roku for me right now >>> cable

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I copped a logitech Revue. I like the full keyboard and the capability to go to any website I want. I watch Netflix of course. . Eat off of free movie and tv streaming sites like videobull and movie2k. Was thinking of getting another player for the bedroom. Right now I use my PS3 in there. Thinking of another Logitech or maybe a Roku. Did not know they had a Roku 3. :ehh:

Logitech-Revue-600x369.jpg

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
just cut my cable debating on roku or apple tv

for now i use my ps3 and xbox 360 since all i watch is netflix, hulu plus & crunchyroll

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
just cut my cable debating on roku or apple tv

for now i use my ps3 and xbox 360 since all i watch is netflix, hulu plus & crunchyroll

id go roku, esp if u want hbo go....(although now you can stream that from your iphone/ipad to an apple tv) but roku is better imo...