Who else got a Roku?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
id go roku, esp if u want hbo go....(although now you can stream that from your iphone/ipad to an apple tv) but roku is better imo...

dont i need cable to have hbo go

only reason i even mention apple tv cuz i'll be buying some shows off of it and made sense too use that

at one point i thought bout going full digital but if u lose all ur shyt THATS A WRAP :whew:

but blu-ray looks better and sounds better :ahh:

i'll probably get roku cuz of the private channels though :lift:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
dont i need cable to have hbo go

only reason i even mention apple tv cuz i'll be buying some shows off of it and made sense too use that

at one point i thought bout going full digital but if u lose all ur shyt THATS A WRAP :whew:

but blu-ray looks better and sounds better :ahh:

i'll probably get roku cuz of the private channels though :lift:

most people have a friend or two that have hbo, just get the username and pw from them(believe its their sign in credentials to pay online) and u can use hbo go :ooh: i been on my cousins for a year or so:win:

but i will say one thing, apple tv is great if you want to stream from itunes to your tv, if you dl alot then thats prob the way to go...tho i heard you could stream on a roku also(my mom and dad have one, ive never tried it)

edit:also, if you are worried about losing everything, than just spend 80 bucks on an external and back everything up

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
most people have a friend or two that have hbo, just get the username and pw from them(believe its their sign in credentials to pay online) and u can use hbo go :ooh: i been on my cousins for a year or so:win:

but i will say one thing, apple tv is great if you want to stream from itunes to your tv, if you dl alot then thats prob the way to go...tho i heard you could stream on a roku also(my mom and dad have one, ive never tried it)

edit:also, if you are worried about losing everything, than just spend 80 bucks on an external and back everything up

ya i thought about that also but its more of the blu-ray quality and sound that keeps me from doing it to be honest

but that convenience is tempting to stream everything u have off of itunes :lord:

more than likely i'll just get both to be honest

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Roku + Plex is all you need

just download whatever you want and that shyt is presented to you like Netflix

you can control the Roku with a smarthphone application that works with no lag at all and has a virtual keyboard that helps

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

yes, this is what I do. actually when I had HBO, I only had it for a trial amount of time. but my HBOGO subscription worked for almost a year after my HBO channels themselves were cancelled.

these days, I have HBOGO from a friend who doesn't even use his login cuz he has the actual channel.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
yes, this is what I do. actually when I had HBO, I only had it for a trial amount of time. but my HBOGO subscription worked for almost a year after my HBO channels themselves were cancelled.

these days, I have HBOGO from a friend who doesn't even use his login cuz he has the actual channel.

yup, and its odd also cause my cousin lives in mass and i live in maine, why havnt they caught on yet?:mindblown:

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does plex have an icefilms channel or something ? :krs::krs: Im getting mine next week and lets say cable is about to be bushes status and with the money i save, i cant get nba league pass next year...tired of lookign on those crappy streams from firstrow etcc

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Does plex have an icefilms channel or something ? :krs::krs: Im getting mine next week and lets say cable is about to be bushes status and with the money i save, i cant get nba league pass next year...tired of lookign on those crappy streams from firstrow etcc

Plex has channels, but I don't use em at all.

I just mainly use it to stream mkvs to my TVs from my PC.

:yeshrug: