Who else got a Roku?

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok. I'm fairly new to this "zero tv" lifestyle (6 months without cable). I have a smart tv that allows me to watch netflix, hbogo, hulu, amazon etc... I pretty much live off those apps, but I really miss not having access to ESPN (Sports Center and NFL/NBA games) and TNT (NBA games). Is there anyway I would be able to get those channels with the ROKU or Apple tv? If yes, which one would u recommend for me?

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Ok. I'm fairly new to this "zero tv" lifestyle (6 months without cable). I have a smart tv that allows me to watch netflix, hbogo, hulu, amazon etc... I pretty much live off those apps, but I really miss not having access to ESPN (Sports Center and NFL/NBA games) and TNT (NBA games). Is there anyway I would be able to get those channels with the ROKU or Apple tv? If yes, which one would u recommend for me?
HTPC and stream it

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
5M-Sold-Infographic-v2.jpg

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what are the pros/cons of getting a roku vs a htpc. or should one get both?

im mainly interested in getting both free channels and streaming downloaded content :manny:

in that case you want a HTPC if you just want to stream netflix, hbogo etc, get a roku

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
what are the pros/cons of getting a roku vs a htpc. or should one get both?

im mainly interested in getting both free channels and streaming downloaded content :manny:

in that case you want a HTPC if you just want to stream netflix, hbogo etc, get a roku

this

Roku is a basic streamer

and HTCP lets you do anything you can do on a pc on a tv

you can hook up some emulators and play games, watch anything online or downloaded, browse the coli :lolbron: etc

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
this took my moms Roku to another level

every tv show I've tried to watch has said Sorry, but we can't play this video. The original video may no longer be available, or it may be in a format that isn't supported.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
every tv show I've tried to watch has said Sorry, but we can't play this video. The original video may no longer be available, or it may be in a format that isn't supported.
dunno I know the kids watch Nick Jr and such on it

I know when I installed it the CBS and NBC shows folders where empty but I dont know if they had to populate over time

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
dunno I know the kids watch Nick Jr and such on it

I know when I installed it the CBS and NBC shows folders where empty but I dont know if they had to populate over time

Which app are you using?

icefilms?

Navi-x

Let me watch this?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The only way you can stream ESPN is if you have an Xbox or on a PC. And you will need someone's log in credentials to use that (I see you have HBOGo so you can try logging in ESPN with the same credentials)

As for TNT, they stream at least one of their games on TNTOvertime for free when they have game nights.

I just bought NBA League Pass for the other NBA games though.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

me 2 as well

driving me crazy
anybody had this and solved it.