Who Afraid of The Big Bad Wolves? - The Walking Dead Season 6

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Serious question:

Would yall rather have a consistent cast of relatively average Black men or just one Supernikka? :jbhmm:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
If that's how you really feel, why you still watch it breh? Honest ass question. Because the way you and others talk about this, I would think you would be in full boycott mode of this entire show. Either it's that serious or it's not. If it's that serious then stop watching it. If it's not then let that shyt go.

Same reason I kept watching Sons of Anarchy when they pretty much became the KKK on motorcycles. I'm already invested and can only hope that they become the show that they could be and live up to their potential. The comic never came off like a make the white guy look great and the black guys look like yes boss flunkies. That morgan episode had crazy racial undertones in it, the savage negro who needs to kill just because and the peaceful white man that puts him in a cage then rehabilitates him. I don't understand why they would need to tailor a show set in the zombie apocalypse like this but the writers do it. Why are there no mentally strong black men in the zombie apocalypse as told to us by the walking dead writers. No one needs to challenge Rick for leadership but damn at least make him a strong solid stand up guy who you could see leading in Ricks absence and doing good. Morgan could've been that guy but they decided to nerf him and make him a docile negro after being neutered by some fat goat sexing white guy

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Same reason I kept watching Sons of Anarchy when they pretty much became the KKK on motorcycles. I'm already invested and can only hope that they become the show that they could be and live up to their potential. The comic never came off like a make the white guy look great and the black guys look like yes boss flunkies. That morgan episode had crazy racial undertones in it, the savage negro who needs to kill just because and the peaceful white man that puts him in a cage then rehabilitates him. I don't understand why they would need to tailor a show set in the zombie apocalypse like this but the writers do it. Why are there no mentally strong black men in the zombie apocalypse as told to us by the walking dead writers. No one needs to challenge Rick for leadership but damn at least make him a strong solid stand up guy who you could see leading in Ricks absence and doing good. Morgan could've been that guy but they decided to nerf him and make him a docile negro after being neutered by some fat goat sexing white guy
:ehh:fair enough. Don't agree with all your points, but respect the fact you actually have them. :salute:

What white character would you rather be Black then? Everything else about them being exactly the same:

Daryl- sidekick to Rick, possibly gay, most frequent cryer of all male characters

Abraham- borderline satirical GI Joe with anger/suicide issues

Eugene- :mjlol:

Anybody from Alexandria- all hoe ass bytches(EXCEPT the one Black dude pretty much)

Even going back,

Shane- wife-stealing a$$hole

Dale- weak old man

Herschel- would've been cool but that means the white man tried to steal his land and then he joined them :mjpls:

My point is all these characters have big time flaws that I don't see as any bigger than the flaws of the Black characters. That's just my opinion.

Answer the question though :mjpls:

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:ehh:fair enough. Don't agree with all your points, but respect the fact you actually have them. :salute:

What white character would you rather be Black then? Everything else about them being exactly the same:

Daryl- sidekick to Rick, possibly gay, most frequent cryer of all male characters

Abraham- borderline satirical GI Joe with anger/suicide issues

Eugene- :mjlol:

Anybody from Alexandria- all hoe ass bytches(EXCEPT the one Black dude pretty much)

Even going back,

Shane- wife-stealing a$$hole

Dale- weak old man

Herschel- would've been cool but that means the white man tried to steal his land and then he joined them :mjpls:

My point is all these characters have big time flaws that I don't see as any bigger than the flaws of the Black characters. That's just my opinion.

Answer the question though :mjpls:

Or we couldve just had tyrese be like comic tyrese an not get neutered, hit carol and michonne, be respected as co-leader.

Why couldn't we have a civilized black man show morgan the non peaceful way? Why couldn't morgan had learned akido sometime in his past? We don't need a white character to become black. We just want a black male character to not be emasculated into being C-list level insignificant flunky. Tyrese was co-leader in the comic and a nanny on the show. That's 100 to 0 real quick.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Or we couldve just had tyrese be like comic tyrese an not get neutered, hit carol and michonne, be respected as co-leader.

Why couldn't we have a civilized black man show morgan the non peaceful way? Why couldn't morgan had learned akido sometime in his past? We don't need a white character to become black. We just want a black male character to not be emasculated into being C-list level insignificant flunky. Tyrese was co-leader in the comic and a nanny on the show. That's 100 to 0 real quick.

It's not like the show matches the comic in every single way EXCEPT Tyrese, such as replacing white Andrea with Black Sasha, but I will give you the point about Tyrese being nerfed.

Besides him though, you have a problem with the every single other Black male character since they're not co-leaders? Every other Black character is automatically emasculated? Bob was emasculated because he just wanted to go with the flow and be happy with his girl?

I want an answer to the question I asked because I feel like there would be a problem with any character being Black and flawed.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
It's not like the show matches the comic in every single way EXCEPT Tyrese, such as replacing white Andrea with Black Sasha, but I will give you the point about Tyrese being nerfed.

Besides him though, you have a problem with the every single other Black male character since they're not co-leaders? Every other Black character is automatically emasculated? Bob was emasculated because he just wanted to go with the flow and be happy with his girl?

I want an answer to the question I asked because I feel like there would be a problem with any character being Black and flawed.

Pretty sure i said every black character doesnt have to be co-leader material but at the same time they don't have to be yes massa rick types either.Bob being a drunk got people killed, thus making him a fukk up. Everyone has flaws but EVERY black male character they've encountered has been beta. Look at all those white characters you named and their "flaws"

Dale is old - not a character flaw, and was still a powerful voice in the group and didn't follow blindly
Darryl cries,might be gay, and is a sidekick- not flaws, still tells rick what it is straight up
Shane is a wife stealing a$$hole - Shane and Lori's relationship wasn't black and white as people try to make it. What was black and white though was rick stealing the doctors wife.
Eugene is a self proclaimed coward but he's fairly intelligent
Abraham is a angry soldier but he cares and is a stand up solid guy.

Eugene is the only white character that you can honestly say will get someone else killed, but you can say that about every black male character.

Tyrese nerfing wasn't a coincidence.They don't match the comic but they went out their way to emasculate Tyrese. Tyrese sat in a house trying to reason with a guy who told him straight up he was going to kill him and everything he loved. We just watched Morgan DO THE EXACT SAME THING. Not a coincidence.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Pretty sure i said every black character doesnt have to be co-leader material but at the same time they don't have to be yes massa rick types either.Bob being a drunk got people killed, thus making him a fukk up. Everyone has flaws but EVERY black male character they've encountered has been beta. Look at all those white characters you named and their "flaws"

Dale is old - not a character flaw, and was still a powerful voice in the group and didn't follow blindly
Darryl cries,might be gay, and is a sidekick- not flaws, still tells rick what it is straight up
Shane is a wife stealing a$$hole - Shane and Lori's relationship wasn't black and white as people try to make it. What was black and white though was rick stealing the doctors wife.
Eugene is a self proclaimed coward but he's fairly intelligent
Abraham is a angry soldier but he cares and is a stand up solid guy.

Eugene is the only white character that you can honestly say will get someone else killed, but you can say that about every black male character.

Tyrese nerfing wasn't a coincidence.They don't match the comic but they went out their way to emasculate Tyrese. Tyrese sat in a house trying to reason with a guy who told him straight up he was going to kill him and everything he loved. We just watched Morgan DO THE EXACT SAME THING. Not a coincidence.

I still don't think being a laid back drunk fukk up makes Bob a beta :yeshrug:

Morgan hasn't told Rick what was up in their brief time back together? His refusal to kill isn't automatic beta status to me. Neither is him getting help to rehabilitate his psyche after suffering from terrible PTSD. Finding and maintaing peace after losing your shyt isn't something you should be rediculed for, even if you criticize the decisions that stem from it.:yeshrug:

I do wholeheartedly agree that replaying that same "reason with the murderous captive" trope is complete bullshyt though :francis:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I still don't think being a laid back drunk fukk up makes Bob a beta :yeshrug:

Morgan hasn't told Rick what was up in their brief time back together? His refusal to kill isn't automatic beta status to me. Neither is him getting help to rehabilitate his psyche after suffering from terrible PTSD. Finding and maintaing peace after losing your shyt isn't something you should be rediculed for, even if you criticize the decisions that stem from it.:yeshrug:

I do wholeheartedly agree that replaying that same "reason with the murderous captive" trope is complete bullshyt though :francis:

No one has a problem with Morgans "rehabilitation". We have a problem with HOW it went down. White savior and the savage negro. Heroic white man and uncouth minority. Lone ranger and Tonto. Green hornet and Kato. That has been around since the dawn of television and is still happening in 2015. It's trash television that would only appeal to whites. Then to make it even worse is they take it a step further and have Morgan get heroic white man killed saving Morgan from his own stupidity so now the audience can look down on Morgan for getting this first class top tier white man killed.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
No one has a problem with Morgans "rehabilitation". We have a problem with HOW it went down. White savior and the savage negro. Heroic white man and uncouth minority. Lone ranger and Tonto. Green hornet and Kato. That has been around since the dawn of television and is still happening in 2015. It's trash television that would only appeal to whites. Then to make it even worse is they take it a step further and have Morgan get heroic white man killed saving Morgan from his own stupidity so now the audience can look down on Morgan for getting this first class top tier white man killed.

It's just not that deep to me breh. If it was, I wouldn't watch anymore at all. If you wanna continue to watch something you think is promoting this level of racist innuendo or whatever you wanna call it, cool. But I would just keep it moving if I was you. :francis:

y que

Banned
Daps
this show's writing is terrible

the strain is a similar but much stronger better paced show

this one loses me constantly like with this stupid random backstory while everybody wants to know what happened to glenn

really cheap way to keep people in suspense and just drag the show until the end of the season

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
this show's writing is terrible

the strain is a similar but much stronger better paced show

this one loses me constantly like with this stupid random backstory while everybody wants to know what happened to glenn

really cheap way to keep people in suspense and just drag the show until the end of the season

I won't argue about the quality of writing, but I do think the multiple story shifts is a great concept. It builds "finale"-type intrigue multiple times in a season. We still talking about Glenn and probably will for another week after this one before we get a resolution. You usually only get that with finales, but they've found a way to make those cliffhangers in the middle of a season. I personally like it.

y que

Banned
Daps
i dont mind the multiple perspective style

they just execute it horribly

too me it just seems like they are cutting corners with the budget since like season 3 just telling the same story from different perpectives. like they are trying to trick viewers into thinking they are being creative but they are just being cheap forcing us to watch the same episode 3 times and just dragging the season forward. most of it just filler. could easily cut things down and keep the story moving but that means they actually need to write more/better.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
don't forget the two whiteys he saved in the woods who were kind and gentle enough to snap him back to docile anim..... i mean man