Who Afraid of The Big Bad Wolves? - The Walking Dead Season 6

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
so hows this season so far? is it more of the same? you know the usual 2 great episodes, several fillers, then amp it up at the end? im seeing if i should wait til they hit break and watch em all at once or catch em weekly
yeah i think we just hit the couple filler episodes spot lol. this past episode was good though, just featured 2 characters and was a lot of dialogue compared to the episode before that was hype and had a lot of people and walkers involved. this next episode looks like a b-team edition.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't want him to act like everyone else but I also don't want to watch him being dumb as fukk with this "all life is precious; no killing" bullshyt.
Morgan could have come back after spending a few months with his Backwoods Sensei and been along the lines of how Dale was...basically disagreeing with Rick's more aggressively violent methods and calling him out when he goes too far but also being realistic about the circumstances of the world they all inhabit.
Exactly . I remember people hating on Dale for trying to keep a concious. And praise Shane for his stupidity . But Morgan we got to cosign ?

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
This is the inherent problem with the show and the comic...there's no point to it...It keeps repeating:

1.) Look for a new safe home
2.) Find a Safe Home
3.) An unstable Human threatens home
4.) Walkers overrun home
5.) Look for a new safe home

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
That's why although season one was the best, I was sitting there like what's the end game, how long can running from safe house to safe house remain entertaining for

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I'm listening to one of the Walking Dead podcasts and they had a solid point about Morgan's story.

Had we not known who he was prior to current day Alexandria and he just jumped out on the scene as the "Clearer" the audience has no empathy for him.

There are very little differences in the clearer mentality vs the wolf mentality.

The writers are searching for humanity even if that puts the group in danger because they want to experiment with the idea of bringing back civility and normalcy.

I think they overlooked the racial overtones with Morgan and the cheese maker.

I'll wait for the season to play out before I make my final judgement.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
This is the inherent problem with the show and the comic...there's no point to it...It keeps repeating:

1.) Look for a new safe home
2.) Find a Safe Home
3.) An unstable Human threatens home
4.) Walkers overrun home
5.) Look for a new safe home

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Well in the comics, Alexandria is the real home.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I'm listening to one of the Walking Dead podcasts and they had a solid point about Morgan's story.

Had we not known who he was prior to current day Alexandria and he just jumped out on the scene as the "Clearer" the audience has no empathy for him.

There are very little differences in the clearer mentality vs the wolf mentality.

The writers are searching for humanity even if that puts the group in danger because they want to experiment with the idea of bringing back civility and normalcy.

I think they overlooked the racial overtones with Morgan and the cheese maker.

I'll wait for the season to play out before I make my final judgement.

Nah, that's impossible. There's no conceivable way the writers were just tryna write a good, reasonable, relatively realistic story. Their sole purpose in life is to make a Black man look bad. That's the whole point of the show, storylines be damned....

....let these fake ass coli militants tell it :rudy:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly . I remember people hating on Dale for trying to keep a concious. And praise Shane for his stupidity . But Morgan we got to cosign ?

Cant compare Dale to Morgan:whoa:....Dale was right when he was right,but he was annoying because he had a opinion about every damn thing....Was trying to get in the way of people having sex in a zombie apocalypse because it wasn't right:dahell:

People hated Shane and cosign Rick,subtle differences I guess:manny:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Nah, that's impossible. There's no conceivable way the writers were just tryna write a good, reasonable, relatively realistic story. Their sole purpose in life is to make a Black man look bad. That's the whole point of the show, storylines be damned....

....let these fake ass coli militants tell it :rudy:

The problem with the sarcasm is that ALL of the black men on the show have "looked bad" and been turn-the-other-cheek dudes....if the source material was like that too I would agree with you but Tyrese was Rick's equal in the books...they clashed over power in the group all the time.

From the first time we saw Tyrese on the show to Rick he was like, "We'll be on our way, Boss, no needs tah shoots us..." and then to the Governor "We'll do what we gotta do to stay here, Boss, no needs tah kick us out."

Last edited:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Nah, that's impossible. There's no conceivable way the writers were just tryna write a good, reasonable, relatively realistic story. Their sole purpose in life is to make a Black man look bad. That's the whole point of the show, storylines be damned........let these fake ass coli militants tell it :rudy:

They're making black people look weak. Don't turn a blind eye to it. This show caters to the white fan more than any other one. Every black guy who survived the Zombie Apocalypse is a bytchmade lackey? Tyrese has the strength to kill a horde of zombies but gets his ass handed to him by Rick and becomes a nanny? Alcoholic Bob gets pretty boy white kid killed because of his alcoholism. Priest is a bytch made snitch and coward that's asking a 10 year old white kid how to be a man.

shyt isn't coincidence.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
The problem with the sarcasm is that ALL of the black men on the show have "looked bad" and been turn-the-other-cheek dudes....if the source material was like that too I would agree with you but Tyrese was Rick's equal in the books...they clashed over power in the group all the time.

From the first time we saw Tyrese on the show to Rick he was like, "We'll be on our way, Boss, no needs tah shoots us..." and then to the Governor "We'll do what we gotta do to stay here, Boss, no needs tah kick us out."

Playing Devil's Advocate a bit, I think the show in general is based around Rick more than the comics. I haven't read them myself so correct me if I'm wrong. That would lend itself to toning down any direct authority clash for an extended period. The only real individual threat to Rick in the group has been Shane, and he killed him. Hypothetically, I can't see how Farmer Rick would've been able to take his top spot back from a brolic ass Tyrese taking over in season 3(?) without killing him, based on how the show is constructed. Same would be the case if Daryl was more "alpha"(or existed :lolbron:) in the comics.

They're making black people look weak. Don't turn a blind eye to it. This show caters to the white fan more than any other one. Every black guy who survived the Zombie Apocalypse is a bytchmade lackey? Tyrese has the strength to kill a horde of zombies but gets his ass handed to him by Rick and becomes a nanny? Alcoholic Bob gets pretty boy white kid killed because of his alcoholism. Priest is a bytch made snitch and coward that's asking a 10 year old white kid how to be a man.

shyt isn't coincidence.

If that's how you really feel, why you still watch it breh? Honest ass question. Because the way you and others talk about this, I would think you would be in full boycott mode of this entire show. Either it's that serious or it's not. If it's that serious then stop watching it. If it's not then let that shyt go.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Playing Devil's Advocate a bit, I think the show in general is based around Rick more than the comics. I haven't read them myself so correct me if I'm wrong. That would lend itself to toning down any direct authority clash for an extended period. The only real individual threat to Rick in the group has been Shane, and he killed him. Hypothetically, I can't see how Farmer Rick would've been able to take his top spot back from a brolic ass Tyrese taking over in season 3(?) without killing him, based on how the show is constructed. Same would be the case if Daryl was more "alpha"(or existed :lolbron:) in the comics.

Nah you have a point to a degree. But having read the books I can say (and this doesn't really spoil anything) it was at the prison and before that Tyrese clashed with Rick the most in the books. I mean, his backstory was that he was a former NFL player. They completely ignored even giving him a backstory on the show. Also, Kirkman wrote the Rick/Tyrese's beef in such a way that it was believable and fleshed out. Not simplistically over the top about who gets to fukk Lori like with Shane most times on the show.

But even the actor who played Tyrese admitted in an interview that if not for Shane and Daryl existing on the show, his character would have been more Alpha male (and less emotional) like the books:

Were you surprised by how Tyreese developed over the seasons? He was introduced as another post-apocalypse badass, but turned out to be far more emotional and complex.

I got love for the comic book Tyreese but the TV Tyreese — whenever you get guys who are pretty much geniuses at human behavior and you give them a second pass at a phenomenal character, that’s an awesome opportunity. That being said, there was no Daryl in the graphic novel. Daryl is pretty much (Tyreese), so they had to do something different anyway.

'The Walking Dead': Chad Coleman Talks Tyreese's Fate and What He Learned From 'The Wire'

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Nah you have a point to a degree. But having read the books I can say (and this doesn't really spoil anything) it was at the prison and before that Tyrese clashed with Rick the most in the books. I mean, his backstory was that he was a former NFL player. They completely ignored even giving him a backstory on the show. Also, Kirkman wrote the Rick/Tyrese's beef in such a way that it was believable and fleshed out. Not simplistically over the top about who gets to fukk Lori like with Shane most times on the show.

But even the actor who played Tyrese admitted in an interview that if not for Shane and Daryl existing on the show, his character would have been more Alpha male (and less emotional) like the books:

'The Walking Dead': Chad Coleman Talks Tyreese's Fate and What He Learned From 'The Wire'

There it is. Sounds like an interesting development but Tyreese didn't even show up until some time into the prison on the show. Now you can argue that they thought from day 1 "let's hype up Shane and create Daryl so we don't have to make a strong Black character:mjpls:", but if you really gonna go that deep down the conspiracy rabbit hole then why even watch the show? Ain't shyt in life worth that much trouble to me :yeshrug:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
There it is. Sounds like an interesting development but Tyreese didn't even show up until some time into the prison on the show. Now you can argue that they thought from day 1 "let's hype up Shane and create Daryl so we don't have to make a strong Black character:mjpls:", but if you really gonna go that deep down the conspiracy rabbit hole then why even watch the show? Ain't shyt in life worth that much trouble to me :yeshrug:

Yeah but come on bro, they could have still made Tyrese the same dude from the books and it would have been much better...Maybe I'm biased because I have the benefit of seeing both versions. Also, they could have easily just introduced Tyrese in the first episode over T-Dog, a totally useless and unnecessary character.

We're talking in circles but the conspiracy rabbit hole seems at least justified to discuss to me because EVERY black dude who has been in more than a few episodes has seemed to fall into the same weak/docile/vulnerable/emotional framework: T-Dog, Tyrese, Gabriel, Noah, Heath and now Morgan.

On top of that, nearly every classic Zombie film since Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead has featured a strong assertive black man...so we know its possible to portray in the genre...

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yeah but come on bro, they could have still made Tyrese the same dude from the books and it would have been much better...Maybe I'm biased because I have the benefit of seeing both versions. Also, they could have easily just introduced Tyrese in the first episode over T-Dog, a totally useless and unnecessary character.

We're talking in circles but the conspiracy rabbit hole seems at least justified to discuss to me because EVERY black dude who has been in more than a few episodes has seemed to fall into the same weak/docile/vulnerable/emotional framework: T-Dog, Tyrese, Gabriel, Noah, Heath and now Morgan.

On top of that, nearly every classic Zombie film since Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead has featured a strong assertive black man...so we know its possible to portray in the genre...

You right. But there's a lot they did different with character development. I can't say everything they did different, but it was more than just breaking Black characters.

Now with the Black men

T-Dog was lame, period. He's the only Black character I've felt offended by.

Tyrese was a good character to me, knowing nothing of the comics

Bob was just a cool nikka. Wasn't the type to power trip or try to take control before or after the ZA.

Gabriel is the "Black Eugene", his coward counterpart. They switch roles and yall would be mad they made the Black dude stupid :mjlol:

Noah was just a young lil nikka, can't blame a 15-17 year old kid for not being brolic.

Heath has shown some heart so far.

And Morgan, while making some dumb ass decisions, is showing his strength in fighting for his sanity. He's basically one kill away from losing his shyt and is trying not to lose his mind again. A weak person would give in to that and snap, yet that's what some people want to see.

There hasn't been an "alpha" Black man yet, but I don't believe there has been a real problem with the characters we have had. They get blamed more for what they're not than what they are. They not gonna be THAT nikka, but that doesn't mean they're completely weak and we should be offended by their individual existence.