Who Afraid of The Big Bad Wolves? - The Walking Dead Season 6

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Which is pretentious as fukk because the nikka went to get his uniform specifically for this reason. What kinda a$$hole does that? Shane was a cop too and you didnt see him wearing his damn uniform. It was symbolic of who Rick wanted to be and how he wanted to be perceived. He was too busy trying to make sure everyone saw him as the hero/leader instead of just doing what a leader is supposed to do without the accolades. This was Shane. When he finally put his uniform away, that was when he made the change but the act itself of even having it annoyed the shyt outta me. Rick is a much better leader now because of Shane (becoming him almost) but he still is not a great leader. It should be one of the people you mentioned.
'

Shane biggest flaw was lori :yeshrug:

shane was practical (except when it came to lori and karl) even in the second episode he wont send a team to atlanta to get glenn back because he thought it was too risky

I would have had shane die after lori

had him with the governor with merle and try to take back judith after he finds out how bad rick fu.cked up and then let him die around that time

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is pretentious as fukk because the nikka went to get his uniform specifically for this reason. What kinda a$$hole does that? Shane was a cop too and you didnt see him wearing his damn uniform.

you're right, shane just walked around with a big ole hat that said "POLICE" on it.

0eWFmac.jpg

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shane would have been a shytty leader. i don't know why dudes romanticize him like he would have kept his group alive. shane sacrificed otis when they were like 25 ft away from the truck, you think he wouldn't sacrifice yall nikkas?

it was solidified for me during the episode where shane and rick were going to drop that kid off at the train yard. look at when shane tossed a wrench into the window, summoning a dozen or so zombies. rick, being quick witted, stabbed one and shielded his body with the dead. shane, being a straight dumbass, runs into a damn bus; needing ricks help to save him. :dead:

imagine shane being alive during that zombie flu outbreak. he would have basically abandoned his group with rick and lori, and hightailed it out of the city :heh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Which is pretentious as fukk because the nikka went to get his uniform specifically for this reason. What kinda a$$hole does that? Shane was a cop too and you didnt see him wearing his damn uniform. It was symbolic of who Rick wanted to be and how he wanted to be perceived. He was too busy trying to make sure everyone saw him as the hero/leader instead of just doing what a leader is supposed to do without the accolades. This was Shane. When he finally put his uniform away, that was when he made the change but the act itself of even having it annoyed the shyt outta me. Rick is a much better leader now because of Shane (becoming him almost) but he still is not a great leader. It should be one of the people you mentioned.
:snoop:

he got his uniform cause it was there when he got the guns...

at that point he woke up, stayed 1 night with morgan, left to get the guns and a car

he wasn't being any leader.. shyt morgan wasn't even coming with him... they took a hot shower and got dressed and bounced

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
shane would have been a shytty leader. i don't know why dudes romanticize him like he would have kept his group alive. shane sacrificed otis when they were like 25 ft away from the truck, you think he wouldn't sacrifice yall nikkas?

it was solidified for me during the episode where shane and rick were going to drop that kid off at the train yard. look at when shane tossed a wrench into the window, summoning a dozen or so zombies. rick, being quick witted, stabbed one and shielded his body with the dead. shane, being a straight dumbass, runs into a damn bus; needing ricks help to save him. :dead:

imagine shane being alive during that zombie flu outbreak. he would have basically abandoned his group with rick and lori, and hightailed it out of the city :heh:

Shane already WAS the leader of the group. What do you mean he "would have been"? He already Had the structure set up of cooking and cleaning, hunting, supply runs etc. That was his group that Rick came unto. The same people who called Rick an idiot about how he moved within the city that got him caught and saved by was Shane's group. Everything about their dynamic looking to Shane was established (story-wise) the first nights at camp. That was his group that Rick was getting killed off. His men that Rick took to the city and left his camp exposed and undefended.

I dont think Shane was a great leader, he was just a better leader than Rick. The group of people in essence were the worst group of people to be stuck in this situation with anyway at the time sans Glenn and Darryl. Shane was about protecting his people and Otis was not only an outsider but the cause of him needing to endanger his life in the first place. It was a me or him situation. The fact that anyone was bothered by this realization were weak people like Dale and Lori and strong ones like Darryl and Rick were "Oh yeah?:ehh:" proves that to me at least. The situation about dropping the kid off is almost moot because had things been done Shane's way, they wouldnt be 20mi out in unknown territory to begin with. This is the problem with that group and their logic where everything is Shane's fault when they are in places to do things they should not be doing in the first place. Dont disregard plot induced stupidity and plot armor for Rick in the roadtrip thing. As far as the flu thing, all those extra people died anyway from the flu and the governor so I dont see where there is a prevailing Pro-Rick scenario there. At the very least Shane wouldve agreed with Carol's method or just left anyway. I dont think there is a big difference between the two other than Shane making the group leave as opposed to staying and dying from flu/zombies or getting killed by the Gov. Rick's decisions post Shane were fairly Shane-like anyway in the sense of "We protect our own." instead of old "Risk everything to save a cat" Rick. The Shane/Rick arguments are really only about season 1-2 Rick, not season 3+.

you're right, shane just walked around with a big ole hat that said "POLICE" on it.

0eWFmac.jpg
Not nearly the same but I never noticed either. Daps:ehh:

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:snoop:

he got his uniform cause it was there when he got the guns...

at that point he woke up, stayed 1 night with morgan, left to get the guns and a car

he wasn't being any leader.. shyt morgan wasn't even coming with him... they took a hot shower and got dressed and bounced
:ehh:
So it was. That being said, he wore it everyday intentionally. Everyone changed clothes every so often except him. He kept his uniform on and called himself a cop to everyone he had a chance to.

Man: I took this off a dead cop. :skip:
Rick: I'm a cop. :upsetfavre:
Me: :belipup:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shane already WAS the leader of the group. What do you mean he "would have been"? He already Had the structure set up of cooking and cleaning, hunting, supply runs etc. That was his group that Rick came unto. The same people who called Rick an idiot about how he moved within the city that got him caught and saved by Shane's group.

I dont think Shane was a great leader, he was just a better leader than Rick. The group of people in essence were the worst group of people to be stuck in this situation with anyway at the time sans Glenn and Darryl. Shane was about protecting his people and Otis was not only an outsider but the cause of him needing to endanger his life in the first place. It was a me or him situation. The fact that anyone was bothered by this realization were weak people like Dale and Lori and strong ones like Darryl and Rick were "Oh yeah?:ehh:" proves that to me at least. The situation about dropping the kid off is almost moot because had things been done Shane's way, they wouldnt be 20mi out in unknown territory to begin with. This is the problem with that group and their logic where everything is Shane's fault when they are in places to do things they should not be doing in the first place. Dont disregard plot induced stupidity and plot armor for Rick in the roadtrip thing. As far as the flu thing, all those extra people died anyway from the flu and the governor so I dont see where there is a prevailing Pro-Rick scenario there. At the very least Shane wouldve agreed with Carol's method or just left anyway. I dont think there is a big difference between the two other than Shane making the group leave as opposed to staying and dying from flu/zombies or getting killed by the Gov. Rick's decisions post Shane were fairly Shane-like anyway in the sense of "We protect our own." instead of old "Risk everything to save a cat" Rick. The Shane/Rick arguments are really only about season 1-2 Rick, not season 3+.

there was no solidified leader at the beginning. even if you do want to assign that role to shane. he was only leader for what, 3 weeks? they hadn't really been through shyt during that time period. as for "shanes group" you mention that they saved rick, but shane was ready to abandon glenn, andrea, amy, jacque, merle, t-dawg, etc. he had no leadership capabilities. if rick didn't come back with a bag of choppers, there's a good chance most of them would have died.

as for the flu, i credit rick because if shane had his way, he would have killed hershel (the manwho saved everyone) and taken over his farm. he certainly wouldn't have risked his ass to find antibiotics/medicine for those who were sick. also keep in mind, shane wanted to go to fort benning--a place that was already overrun with zombies. as for saying shane was about the group, they did everything to showcase that shane was selfish. he didn't care about the group, he cared about lori and carl, that's it.

and you say "risk everything to save a cat," but if it were you or your daughter somewhere lost or overwelmed by zombies. who would you really want in charge, rick or shane?

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Shane already WAS the leader of the group. What do you mean he "would have been"? He already Had the structure set up of cooking and cleaning, hunting, supply runs etc. That was his group that Rick came unto. The same people who called Rick an idiot about how he moved within the city that got him caught and saved by was Shane's group. Everything about their dynamic looking to Shane was established (story-wise) the first nights at camp. That was his group that Rick was getting killed off. His men that Rick took to the city and left his camp exposed and undefended.

Shane was just too far ahead of everyone else in the "IDGAF survival at all costs" department. If you notice the rest of the group is just now reaching that way of thinking the past couple of seasons...especially Rick. It was great for one character in the beginning because everyone has someone else to call the badguy but now everybody is getting their hands dirty.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
there was no solidified leader at the beginning. even if you do want to assign that role to shane. he was only leader for what, 3 weeks? they hadn't really been through shyt during that time period. as for "shanes group" you mention that they saved rick, but shane was ready to abandon glenn, andrea, amy, jacque, merle, t-dawg, etc. he had no leadership capabilities. if rick didn't come back with a bag of choppers, there's a good chance most of them would have died.

as for the flu, i credit rick because if shane had his way, he would have killed hershel (the manwho saved everyone) and taken over his farm. he certainly wouldn't have risked his ass to find antibiotics/medicine for those who were sick. also keep in mind, shane wanted to go to fort benning--a place that was already overrun with zombies. as for saying shane was about the group, they did everything to showcase that shane was selfish. he didn't care about the group, he cared about lori and carl, that's it.

and you say "risk everything to save a cat," but if it were you or your daughter somewhere lost or overwelmed by zombies. who would you really want in charge, rick or shane?

To be fair though Shane was saving Carl's life by any means necessary. Any threat to the main group, regardless of who, was getting dealt wit quickly (i.e. the hostage at the barn).

Speaking of the barn, that was a prime example of where Shane's "leadership" was 100% better than what Rick was doing. Even Andrea was getting sick of the sweet shyt going on with the group.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shane was just too far ahead of everyone else in the "IDGAF survival at all costs" department. If you notice the rest of the group is just now reaching that way of thinking the past couple of seasons...especially Rick. It was great for one character in the beginning because everyone has someone else to call the badguy but now everybody is getting their hands dirty.

see i disagree. yeah, rick has definitely shifted more towards shanes way of thinking; but he still isn't as selfish and shortsighted. take the last episode for example. how do you think shane would have handled the quarry situation? ricks plan, although dangerous, and costing plenty of lives; was a better long term solution. he successfully got thousands of walkers out of their backyard.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I wasnt implying that Shane cared about the group and most of them died anyway. :yeshrug: And you can't be specific as asking "if it was my daughter" when were are discussing generalized actions of a group not you and I personally. I could simply say if it was Carl, Shane would still be looking for him as well. Plus we don't know (or I dont recall) them saying how long they had been together already. I would venture more than 3wks as Dale said that zombies never came up this high on the hillside before. Some time had to gone by to make that statement and thats only how long they were on the hillside, who knows where they were before. But I am also saying I don't recall if they mentioned it or not so have no problem digressing on that if you know brehthren.

:manny:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair though Shane was saving Carl's life by any means necessary. Any threat to the main group, regardless of who, was getting dealt wit quickly (i.e. the hostage at the barn).

Speaking of the barn, that was a prime example of where Shane's "leadership" was 100% better than what Rick was doing. Even Andrea was getting sick of the sweet shyt going on with the group.

yeah that was cool of shane, i'm not saying he was useless. although i didn't like shane sacrificing otis, when otis had already saved shanes life twice. but shane never encountered any real threats to the group. lets take the governor situation for example. i'm 100% certain shane would have gleefully offered up michonne to save his own ass.

as for the barn, you're right. shane was 100% right. but what's not being acknowledged is rick wanted to live on the barn, and he didn't want to make a heel out of the only guy with medical experience, to help his pregnant wife.

iunno why y'all ride so hard for shane. dude fukked his bestfriends wife, tried to raise his kid, and wanted to kill him out of spite. these are the type of nikkas y'all would follow?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wasnt implying that Shane cared about the group and most of them died anyway. :yeshrug: And you can't be specific as asking "if it was my daughter" when were are discussing generalized actions of a group not you and I personally. I could simply say if it was Carl, Shane would still be looking for him as well. Plus we don't know (or I dont recall) them saying how long they had been together already. I would venture more than 3wks as Dale said that zombies never came up this high on the hillside before. Some time had to gone by to make that statement and thats only how long they were on the hillside, who knows where they were before. But I am also saying I don't recall if they mentioned it or not so have no problem digressing on that if you know brehthren.

:manny:

rick woke up 3-4 weeks into the apocalypse. they were basically having a long camping trip in the hills, with no real threat to their safety. glenn driving the challenger with the alarm going off gave up their location to the walkers.

i'm just saying if i were in that world, i would rather be in ricks group than shanes group.